26 replies to this topic

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i920

my phone has the stock DG21 official verizon ROM. but it has just gotten so cluttered up with stuff and now internet explorer isn't working so wanted to re-flash it. I have the offical rom, but when I tried to flash, it said you already have newest software, this tool does not allow re-installations. so I ended up here. I saw two downloads, one which looks like the official rom I have based on size. not sure what the other one is that says pda.nbo? can someone tell me how to re-flash my phone to DG21?

also, tested out the Jinbox. went to delete it and then I had no text messaging at all? no icon? had to reinstall Jinbox. how do you get back to stock messaging?

pandora doesn't work? get multiple errors.

If you are already running DG21 you will need to flash the i920 Samsung PDA .nbo file found in Post #1. Download this file and use the i920 flasher program I've attached to the bottom of this post. Instructions on reflashing your ROM can be found here.

jInbox overwrites your messaging program. If you uninstall it your original messaging app will still work but you will loose the messaging link in your program directory.

Try the Pandora app below. It works for me.

Attached Files

Edited by dgyahn, 03 August 2011 - 05:58 AM.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

hammerjr

hammerjr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia2 SCH-i920

If you are already running DG21 you will need to flash the i920 Samsung PDA .nbo file found in Post #1. Download this file and use the i920 flasher program I've attached to the bottom of this post. Instructions on reflashing your ROM can be found here.

jInbox overwrites your messaging program. If you uninstall it your original messaging app will still work but you will loose the messaging link in your program directory.

Try the Pandora app below. It works for me.

Thanks. I did get pandora working. the buttons are hard to use (have to go about 1/4" to left of a button to use it), but it does work.
I liked the Jinbox app, but when I would get a text and click on the icon, it would take me into the samsung messaging. I am sure you can set registry to make it go to Jinbox, but wasn't sure how. is there anything missing in Jinbox like on some I have seen You can't do MMS
or other little things that you lose. ninja for hire did that app right? maybe I can track down a website that gives more details.

big question about the flashing. went to link. so I need the file labeled samsung cdma modem which I guess is drivers. says to install that--anyplace in particular I am to install it? I know I need octans as well and there is download for that. but there are three other downloads on that page. two I know I don't need as they are for 64bit and i have xp 32 bit. do I also need that file that says xp 32 bit?? I am totaly new to this so please be patient. at that link, they don't mention the flasher program that you attached so that confuses me too?

oh, and by your signature wondering do you have dual boot on your phone? you have droid pro listed there so was curious. I wasn't sure if the i920 could run droid? I was looking some places last night and seemed like only i8000 was able to do so.

Edited by hammerjr, 03 August 2011 - 04:54 PM.

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Thanks. I did get pandora working. the buttons are hard to use (have to go about 1/4" to left of a button to use it), but it does work.
I liked the Jinbox app, but when I would get a text and click on the icon, it would take me into the samsung messaging. I am sure you can set registry to make it go to Jinbox, but wasn't sure how. is there anything missing in Jinbox like on some I have seen You can't do MMS
or other little things that you lose. ninja for hire did that app right? maybe I can track down a website that gives more details.

big question about the flashing. went to link. so I need the file labeled samsung cdma modem which I guess is drivers. says to install that--anyplace in particular I am to install it? I know I need octans as well and there is download for that. but there are three other downloads on that page. two I know I don't need as they are for 64bit and i have xp 32 bit. do I also need that file that says xp 32 bit?? I am totaly new to this so please be patient. at that link, they don't mention the flasher program that you attached so that confuses me too?

oh, and by your signature wondering do you have dual boot on your phone? you have droid pro listed there so was curious. I wasn't sure if the i920 could run droid? I was looking some places last night and seemed like only i8000 was able to do so.

No problem. Yes, you will need to download the Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip file and install it to your computer. You may also need to download and install to your computer the WinXP_x32.zip file. Once you have done that install the i920 flasher. Once everything is installed follow these instructions:

0) Make sure to install (or to have installed already) the Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip driver.
1) Make sure your phone is not connected to your PC; if it is, disconnect it.
2) Make sure to Turn off your phone.
3) Start i920 flasher and fill required fields/checkboxes Select the PDA buttons and open the .nb0 file.
4) Press "Detect" button.

You should see the flashing process update in the display window and on your phone.

As for your other question about my phone being able to dual boot to Android. It does not. My signature references the current ROM I am using (found here) along with my today interface. You can find this at my post here.

Edmund Burke

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II
jInbox is a Samsung app that was 'ripped' from another model phone. It only partially works in our phone. That's not due to registry settings but the way the program was written to integrate with the design of the other phone. That's why as a whole, it never taken off as a messaging replacement for our phone. The most you will get is for it to work partially, but never completely. And the more you use it, you will find it has other little quirks as a result of not being meant for our phone.

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
I have currently gone back to the official ROM as I will be selling my O2 soon. Decided to run Windows Default (Titanium) with a couple of plug-ins as my UI as it is still the fastest UI for a stock ROM.

Attached Files

Edmund Burke

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx

I have currently gone back to the official ROM as I will be selling my O2 soon. Decided to run Windows Default (Titanium) with a couple of plug-ins as my UI as it is still the fastest UI for a stock ROM.

You should post these plugins. I am a big fan of fast UI's.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

You should post these plugins. I am a big fan of fast UI's.

X

Hey X, here you go. Install everything to your Device. These plug-ins will not work if installed to My Storage or your Storage Card. Before installing any of the following plug-ins you will need to have MortScript and SdkCerts installed. In addition you will need the Showaco Chome editor in order to configure your Titanium UI to use the plug-ins and control the sort order on your today screen. I use the following plug-ins: ATContacts for favorite contacts, CComm for a comm manager, CLauncher for a favorite apps launcher, Titanium Notification for a missed calls, etc. notifier. Titanium System Panel for a free RAM and storage indicator, and Titanium Weather for weather. All of these are found below.

Attached Files

Edited by dgyahn, 07 August 2011 - 03:50 AM.

Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users