22/Nov r1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Commtiva N700 with Online Kitchen

The stock launcher from Froyo doesn't like the N700... I recommend installing LauncherPro or ADW from the Market and using that (I'm using LauncherPro here and it's working great).

P

I could turn on wifi but haven't tested it whether it really on and connecting to AP...

Phone could not turned on I got X in signal..no service..emergency call only..

Files that not available in mi700

qcnvitems.jar

qcrilhook.jar

These are included in the custom ROM?

P

Guest FatherD
The stock launcher from Froyo doesn't like the N700... I recommend installing LauncherPro or ADW from the Market and using that (I'm using LauncherPro here and it's working great).

P

Launcher Pro works a treat!

Guest hucqim80
These are included in the custom ROM?

P

Yes..I've done files and folder compare but nothing really obvious changed..I assume maybe kernel version give the problem..

and for wifi obviously n700 are using different driver(maybe as ar6000_tcmd.ko is not avail in our mi700)..

Hi, how to enable chinese language and chinese input from Paul's kitchen? really need this cause my original viewpad7 having chinese simplify and chinese pin yin input

Guest hucqim80
Where did the upload go? I can't seem to find it!!! ;)

Maybe if somebody that have who have stock rom that have rooted and and installed ROMManager..could do backup and upload the system.img from /sdcard/clockwork/backup/.. folder..and also its md5sum as well..

Maybe if somebody that have who have stock rom that have rooted and and installed ROMManager..could do backup and upload the system.img from /sdcard/clockwork/backup/.. folder..and also its md5sum as well..

I got a system image backup by nandroid, will it be help? this image contain chinese input and a chinese simplify/traditional language option.

Guest leon0127
I got a system image backup by nandroid, will it be help? this image contain chinese input and a chinese simplify/traditional language option.

So can you upload your imge,then I can try and tell it works or not....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GrandMstrBud

I can't seem to get ROM manager to work on this. I do have the clockword recovery but I'd like to be able to flash it through ROM manager so I can do backups and what not through the program. Also are there any custom kernels to overclock this a little bit? Also I can't get wireless tether or VPN connections to work on this ROM so any idea's on that and also I'm running out of memory already with not many programs installed. Is there a blank custom ROM with just the google apps that I can download? Also is there a way to get rid of the swype keyboard?

Edited by GrandMstrBud

Guest FatherD

@Paul

Hi mate, I did another cook from the kitchen and the Freerunner App is missing, or at least it's shortcut is, which .apk should I be looking for, do you have one you could post up. I haven't used Freerunner yet but it might come in handy sometime - cheers :(

EDIT: Scrub that ... I should learn to google before I post - sorry, sorted ;)

Edited by FatherD

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mightyjackstar

Paul,

First, dude, you're awesome! I've rooted my N700, used your instructions to backup my device (Clockwork Recovery For MI700/N700/Viewpad 7/..) used the pre-baked ROM to see that I could actually do it. All went without a real hitch (forgot to wipe my phone the first time so I had to rerun the ROM.

The pre-baked ROM ran great but had stuff I did;t want or need. I'm in the states so I have no use for the mapping software in that ROM, and there were a few other things I want to do without. I have already pushed my tablet back to the original state. Now I am looking at using a custom ROM from your kitchen, but I am curious, beyond dumping some items that came with the phone that I really don't want, and the opportunity to get some new graphics and themes, what are the benefits that I am not seeing to a custom ROM?

I've satisfied my curiosity that I can do it (I'm not a complete noob, but I'm not really into hacking for the joy of it. What I really want is advancement. I wont get Flash, which I am actually ok with. But I want more speed, more power. I have SetCPU and it seems to be giving me some extra battery life. And I would live to see what else we can do to this device to make is more useful.

So I am looking for any thoughts on this...what will I gain by buying a new ROM from your kitchen in the long run (and that's not a challenge, just a real desire to see what your thoughts are).

Jack

• 1 month later...
Guest MrDesman
Hi there...

Will this rom work with a viewpad 7??

Im planning to get one, but only if i can get froyo on it.

Yes, looks like it works on viewpad 7. Although browser started crashing after flashing it so I had to roll back to the old ROM (the problem was the device was completely out of space, not the fault of the ROM itself). So before trying this ROM flash Clocwork recovery as per instructions on this forum - just in case.

And what do you mean by "if you can" run Froyo on it? Mine came with Froyo out of the box, in fact, I believe all new viewpads now have Froyo.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andy247

Excellent, I got mine in HMV, ex display so paid £144, and hoping this is as easy to install the Custom ROM as your Vega one was.

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work.