Omnia i8000 revert to default ROM and settings

Guest RuuddieBoy

Guest RuuddieBoy

Hey,

I've been using a HTC Tytn II for two years now, and on this phone I've flashed many different ROMs, both WiMo and Android. So, I've got quite some experience flashing phones.

Today I got a new phone from my work, an Omnia II i8000. Of course I'm not completely satisfied with the stock ROM (no Manilla, speed) so I'd like to flash a custom ROM. However, since it's a business phone I don't want to damage anything or not be able to turn back my changes. So, after I flash a custom ROM to my phone, will I be able to flash the stock ROM back without them being able to see I flashed anything?

I've already seen that it's quite hard to just download a stock ROM for this phone, but is the Samsung Mobile Firmware program (which requires you to pay €5) really the only way? And if I use this, will I just be able to return everything to default if I have to give this phone back?

I tried browsing through this forum but I couldn't find any obvious topics stating how this works. From my experience with the HTC Tytn II I know that for example they do have a topic where they explain how to reset everything to stock.

Thanks,

Ruuddie

it's a different world here :)

if you read a bit more you will notice that there are only one way to flash your phone with 2 choices, one with .MTS file which is straight from samsung, two with .nb0 file which most likely will be a custom ROM.

yes, you can revert back to stock ROM anytime you want as long as you have a stock ROM's files handy. go to samsung settings then look for version, click on that then select device, you'll see the version of your phone. write it down then start searching the forum. i think you will find your stock ROM here. because we have almost everything here, even chinese ROMs B)

i8000's ROM files have 4 parts, 1.eboot 2.CSC 3.PDA 4.phone part, only the eboot part is invisible from your boss or even your carrier.

make sure that you read some topics about flashing in the pinned section.

P.S. it is recommended that you have to do a hard reset after each flashing, dial *#2767#3855# then wait for 2 reboots. because many users have reported that their phones will have some strange behaviour if they did not hard reset the phone after flashing.

Guest RuuddieBoy
it's a different world here :)

if you read a bit more you will notice that there are only one way to flash your phone with 2 choices, one with .MTS file which is straight from samsung, two with .nb0 file which most likely will be a custom ROM.

yes, you can revert back to stock ROM anytime you want as long as you have a stock ROM's files handy. go to samsung settings then look for version, click on that then select device, you'll see the version of your phone. write it down then start searching the forum. i think you will find your stock ROM here. because we have almost everything here, even chinese ROMs B)

i8000's ROM files have 4 parts, 1.eboot 2.CSC 3.PDA 4.phone part, only the eboot part is invisible from your boss or even your carrier.

make sure that you read some topics about flashing in the pinned section.

Thanks a lot, that cleared a lot of things out for me. These are my current versions:

PDA: I8000NXXJC1

CSC: I8000XENJC1

Phone: I8000XXJB2

So if I understand correctly, I should just download all files from http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-01-april-2010/, and then I can just always revert back to those to have the stock ROM back in the Dutch language? I don't really mind if the phone has a different loader on it because of my custom ROM, as long as the people after me won't be able to see the difference in usage when they use the phone with the stock ROM flashed back on to it.

Edited by RuuddieBoy

Guest speedfrog

the csc is different from what you have.

you can get it on the firmware downloader.

in the 03.11.10 excel, look for this:

2828875581 GT-I8000 XEN (NETHERLANDS) I8000NXXJC1 I8000XENJC1 I8000XXJB2 I8000XENJC1 01.04.2010 10:46

and then donate 1€ to get it

Edited by speedfrog

Guest silviaccio1
but its only the CSC he is missing, and we dont know if it is the CSC he need from the JC1 rom at samfrimware

Or he can dump its stock rom throgh ROMDUMP application.

Guest bobfrantic
then he will just get a PDA/nb0 file. not CSC

I have all four parts of the original software that came on my phone B)

CSC_I8000NXXJC1.CSC

Eboot_I8000NXXJC1_HW_40.eb0

PDA_I8000NXXJC1_HW_40.MST

Phone_I8000XXJB2.bin

Got it 'just in case' lol... just need to rar it up and can upload for him if he wants... :)

Guest RuuddieBoy
I have all four parts of the original software that came on my phone B)

CSC_I8000NXXJC1.CSC

Eboot_I8000NXXJC1_HW_40.eb0

PDA_I8000NXXJC1_HW_40.MST

Phone_I8000XXJB2.bin

Got it 'just in case' lol... just need to rar it up and can upload for him if he wants... :)

Thanks a lot for the offer, that's very nice of you! However, too bad it's the wrong CSC, I need I8000XENJC1. At least, according to the Excel sheet.

Too bad, that file also isn't on samfirmware, so I guess I'll just have to pay the guy to get me the proper CSC :)

Guest bobfrantic
Thanks a lot for the offer, that's very nice of you! However, too bad it's the wrong CSC, I need I8000XENJC1. At least, according to the Excel sheet.

Too bad, that file also isn't on samfirmware, so I guess I'll just have to pay the guy to get me the proper CSC :)

Here is a screenshot of my Octans when I loaded all four files into it for the JC1.

post-746506-1290677942_thumb.jpg

I was able to select I8000XENJC1 as you can see B) so will this be all right with your phone?

I haven't tried flashing my phone with this tho so not sure what would show up in the versions settings... may try it hehe... let you know. hold off on spending any money yet....

Flash done. Here is screenshot of the version:

post-746506-1290679343_thumb.jpg

:) good thing I know some Dutch LOL. Anyways I think the csc file will be of use to you. What do you think?

Edited by bobfrantic

Guest RuuddieBoy
LOL thanks, one is always happy to be of assistance :P

It's indeed really nice and amazing you tested this for me! I've been at work all day but now I'm home so I added you to MSN. I can give you login to my FTP so you can upload the file(s) :D

Guest bobfrantic
It's indeed really nice and amazing you tested this for me! I've been at work all day but now I'm home so I added you to MSN. I can give you login to my FTP so you can upload the file(s) :D

File uploading now :P about 20 mins to go...

Happy to help.

Done.... enjoy. :D

Edited by bobfrantic

Guest RuuddieBoy
File uploading now :P about 20 mins to go...

Happy to help.

Done.... enjoy. :D

I just tried loading the CSC you uploaded (csc_i8000nxxjc1.csc) in Octrans Mini 2.11 together with pda_i8000nxxjc1_hw_40.mst.

When I use the dropdown box 'CSC File Select', I choose I8000XENJC1 from the list. However, when I want to select a language from the language list, I only see the languages Chinese, Danish, Portugese, Polish and Norwegian. Do I just need to select a different CSC in the dropdown menu that does contain the language Dutch?

Guest bobfrantic
I just tried loading the CSC you uploaded (csc_i8000nxxjc1.csc) in Octrans Mini 2.11 together with pda_i8000nxxjc1_hw_40.mst.

When I use the dropdown box 'CSC File Select', I choose I8000XENJC1 from the list. However, when I want to select a language from the language list, I only see the languages Chinese, Danish, Portugese, Polish and Norwegian. Do I just need to select a different CSC in the dropdown menu that does contain the language Dutch?

you should use the full octans..

OCTANS_Downloader_v2.14.exe

That way you can load all four components, and it will show Dutch like it did in my screenshot in one of the posts above. I only use this one as I have had trouble getting the right language in the mini version. :P

Edited by bobfrantic

Guest RuuddieBoy
you should use the full octans..

OCTANS_Downloader_v2.14.exe

That way you can load all four components, and it will show Dutch like it did in my screenshot in one of the posts above. I only use this one as I have had trouble getting the right language in the mini version. :P

It seems to work like a charm, thanks a thousand times!