03/Mar Gr26 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Aviatorboy
Working on the Desire version now.

P

Hi there Paul,

is it likely we will see the Modaco Custom ROM Desire Port with Gingerbread by the end of this weekend?

(Sorry to insist but I'm just asking because 2 weeks ago you said you were working on it)

:D

Guest jsl.com
USB thethering doesn't work? !

Both USB tethering and WiFi tethering have been working fine for me with R26. I wish that I could say the same about PPTP VPN....

Guest indieladadam

im unable to install, i was using Amon recovery image and it let me install but then when power up phone the boot image just cycles, switched to the clockwork image and i cant install unsigned? don't know why but it says e:signiture verification failed so it wants signed, and if use signed same thing happens as with Amons

Guest Dayzee

Had to change back to Micro Mods Gingerbread as I too got random reboots into a bootloop. One happened at work when my phone wasn't even being used, it had rebooted in my bag, bootlooped and run the battery down to nearly 15% before I noticed - Not good for me as I need phone access for my kids.

Dayz xx

Guest sergey.korchagin

I confirm some random reboots on the last week. It was twice.

My question about free space is still actual. How many free space available for apps in R26? And is any possibility to make more free space for apps?

Guest silverexp

So everyone having reboot issues, did you download a PreBake ver or use the Kitchen??? Just trying to figure out a cause, since I really like the features of this rom.

Guest mikedm
This rom works perfect without app2sd

I now change to move2sd

I'm not using app2sd but I get the boot loops (I do run apps off the sd card)...:-(

Guest kaupol
I'm not using app2sd but I get the boot loops (I do run apps off the sd card)...:-(

I whipe all and reinstall 3 time to be stable and format my sd card entire in fat32.

Guest Ram AKuka

just installed it and it's nice and working ,but when i trying to install applications the luncher crashing.

i use A2SD and i saw here there's some problem with SD mounting .

it's sound the same - right?

how can i fix this?

thanks in advance ,

Guest jknight8907

I just updated my Nexus One with this....works fine except now I have no status bar. Any ideas? Everything looks normal, just no status bar up top. It's like it thinks my screen is bigger than it actually is.

Edited by jknight8907

Guest Aviatorboy

Somebody should ask to Paul regarding the Sense UI/Desire ROM with Gingerbread on the Nexus 1.

Its sad but he's busy playing with his 2X and he is not answering my posts.

More than never it seems to me that the Nexus 1 is a dead phone. :D

Guest jsl.com
Somebody should ask to Paul regarding the Sense UI/Desire ROM with Gingerbread on the Nexus 1.

Its sad but he's busy playing with his 2X and he is not answering my posts.

More than never it seems to me that the Nexus 1 is a dead phone. :)

I ran MCR for over a year and it was great but not so much anymore. The gingerbread MCR VPN is broken and that is fatal as far as I'm concerned. If the VPN worked, I might have been willing to live with the weekly crash and reboot loops. Now I don't have either problem.

I gave up on the gingerbread MCR and installed the CM7 RC a few weeks ago. CM7 stable was released today. I updated to the stable release today and it works well. In fact I cannot tell the difference between CM 7.0.0 stable and RC4. They are both very stable. Everything works great and there are lots of new features to explore.

Jeff

Guest Pug77
I ran MCR for over a year and it was great but not so much anymore. The gingerbread MCR VPN is broken and that is fatal as far as I'm concerned. If the VPN worked, I might have been willing to live with the weekly crash and reboot loops. Now I don't have either problem.

I gave up on the gingerbread MCR and installed the CM7 RC a few weeks ago. CM7 stable was released today. I updated to the stable release today and it works well. In fact I cannot tell the difference between CM 7.0.0 stable and RC4. They are both very stable. Everything works great and there are lots of new features to explore.

Jeff

Never used anything but MCRs since buying my N1. Great ROMs all the way and I really appreciate all the work that Paul has put in.

r26 has its strengths. With Gingerbread comes improved speed and (for me) battery life but the frequent boot loops just don't make this release a usable ROM on a daily basis.

With so many new exciting Android devices coming out, I expect that's Paul's time is better spent on these devices.

For me it's time to leave this ROM behind.

CM7 is the next stop hopefully it's as good as the reviews, if not its back to stock.

Guest JetSerge

I've also left this ROM in favor of CM7. No regrets so far, much more stable than the last MCR build which rebooted and bootlooped, plus extra features like trackball wake and trackball unlock. Waiting for the TrackBall Alert to support CM7 final build and I'll be totally happy.

Thank you Paul for your work, I've been using this ROM from the very start. I understand how and why the interest to the old gadgets gets lost over time in this crazy world.

Those who want to switch to CM7 and miss the app2sd feature (with the ext3 partition on the SD) should check S2E (simple2ext) Market app, just select what you want on the SD and reboot the phone (CM7 lacks built-in support for the apps on the ext partition). Very simple and works great (also shows how much space is used on each of the partitions).

Guest Jarude
I just updated my Nexus One with this....works fine except now I have no status bar. Any ideas? Everything looks normal, just no status bar up top. It's like it thinks my screen is bigger than it actually is.

same here :)

btw, cannot even access SD card on PC because there's no notification showing when USB cable is plugged in. is there any way i can access SD card using commands?

oops. went to recovery and flashed the CM ROM, everything works fine now.

Edited by Jarude

Just to share my experience, I updated from a modaco froyo 2.2 without doing a wipe and without the radio. Works like a charm, my radio is 32.36.

I tried with the radio update but it failed in the middle of the radio install.

Guest jsl.com
Just to share my experience, I updated from a modaco froyo 2.2 without doing a wipe and without the radio. Works like a charm, my radio is 32.36.

I tried with the radio update but it failed in the middle of the radio install.

Sounds great. I'm glad that the MCR is working for you. If you ever run out of RAM and decide to use A2SD, you may encounter the boot looping issues that others (including me) have had. If you ever need to use the VPN features of your phone, rest assured that they will not work with the ROM that you are using. None of the 4 VPN choices will work under any conditions. My research led me to believe that this is due to an incompatibility between the kernel used in the MCR and the corresponding ppp-dialer dalvik code.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest indieladadam

i get bootloop when trying flash from r22 gonna try to flash this rom without a2sd n see if still get. why does that even happen? its only on last couple roms, never used to do it =[

i get bootloop when trying flash from r22 gonna try to flash this rom without a2sd n see if still get. why does that even happen? its only on last couple roms, never used to do it =[

Bug in this ROM unfortunately. I get bootloops without a2sd.