03/Mar Gr26 - NO SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

n1r251.pngdesirer26about.png

n1r253.pngn1r254.png

NOTE:

You MUST WIPE YOUR DEVICE before flashing this ROM. This is due to the resigning of key components with the AOSP platform key, to facilitate skinning / customising etc.

Features at this time:

• Based on the GRI54 (2.3.3) release (crespo merge)
  • Packaged for ClockworkMod
  • Rebuilt using the MoDaCo MCR optimisation scripts
  • MoDaCo Custom Kernel r3 (based on excellent work by Kali / Defer)
  • Full up to date Google experience + additional apps (including new look Market)
  • HSPA icon differentiation ('H' icon when transferring data via HSPA)
  • Insecure boot image
  • su / Superuser.apk root
  • Support for running scripts from /etc/init.d at startup
  • Terminfo support (for nano etc)
  • Busybox 1.18.1
  • Semi-transparent notification pull-down
  • STK from Gingerbread AOSP
  • Optional 'Spare Parts' app
  • Optional radio updates (latest update recommended!)
  • Removed Browser zoom buttons
  • framework-res and core libraries / apks are signed with the 'platform' certificate from AOSP, aiding those who wish to edit the framework-res / SystemUI.apk to theme. Simply extract, edit, resign with the platform certificate and push the file. Tidy.
  • Optional 'allow SIP over non-WiFi connections' in the kitchen
  • Reboot app and reboot option on power menu
  • Added 'Microbes' wallpaper
  • A bunch of other stuff that i've forgotten

Downloads

Prebake download
    • r26 (default options, with MoDaCo additions, Tweetdeck appearance pack, Internet Calling on non-wifi connections) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 6e13adc1abe7a3dae5e91b42415a0f69
    • r26 (default options, with MoDaCo additions) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 33f2a1c2142a4967b6aa4d37d75de50e
    • r26 (default options, without MoDaCo additions) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 91155a262d83dc6b7e8582e7d8e18cb7

Kitchen download

[*]A online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM. B)

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta releases and access to the the online kitchens.

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Changelog

03/Mar

• Added Custom Kernel
  • Work to add Desire support
  • Added Microbes wallpaper
  • Updated radio images
  • Other minor optimisations
    • Completely rebuilt and updated to Gingerbread 2.3.3 (GRI54)

23/Nov

[*]Initial Release

Guest Akarim47

just flashed it to my desire, after the first boot and setup I rebooted my phone, once I turned on the wifi the phone started freezing and now I had to remove the battery to reboot.

I didn't add "Dropbear SSH Server" since I don't have S-OFF

I add the latest radio & still the same issue. any idea?

For Nexus one? B)

The OP states this is for the nexus one, but since you posted this in the Desire forum, and announced it on Twitter as Desire update, is it safe to assume this is for Desire?

What are the differences with your r9 release of your MCR rom?

Thanks for the great efforts keeping this phone alive, and not departing is for the new gadgets. :-)

Guest BashyUK
The OP states this is for the nexus one, but since you posted this in the Desire forum, and announced it on Twitter as Desire update, is it safe to assume this is for Desire?

What are the differences with your r9 release of your MCR rom?

Thanks for the great efforts keeping this phone alive, and not departing is for the new gadgets. :-)

You need 3 confirms to accept it's for the Desire, 2 statements not enough?!

The title says it all - NO SENSE! Different enough to r9 I'd say :)

Sorry if I come across harsh but Arsenal just tanked big time. In fact, I'm going to bed. Spurs now Champs league plus my fkd Desire equal not a happy BashyUK! B)

Guest afiorillo

Clean AOSP ROM, stable and fast (Quadrant scored 1318 on first attempt and 1500 on third one), 144 MB free space upon flash.

Missing only one thing: the 5mp wide camera resolution. B)

Edited by afiorillo

Sorry if I come across harsh but Arsenal just tanked big time. In fact, I'm going to bed. Spurs now Champs league plus my fkd Desire equal not a happy BashyUK! B)

As a fellow gooner I feel your pain!

P

Guest Paulo Nobrega
As a fellow gooner I feel your pain!

P

lol. come on guys.. U gave us 6 nothing in the first hand.. ehehe.. Im glad Braga won.. Tho im from Benfica.. eheeheh

Glad to see some new things to my desire.. ehhe

will bake it now and test it..

thanks

I'm just pointing out some sloppyness.

I can bake r9 without Sense, so there no difference. Clean ASOP does make Sense though ;-)

Sorry about Arsenal.

Guest Asselberghs

Is there any difference between this MCR rom and Desire MCR r9 stripped of Sense/Rosie and HTC Lock Screen?

If so and I have to rebake is there something I have to watch out for in regards to A2SD+? or should I just include it and it takes care of it self. and keeps my apps?

Kind Regards

Asselberghs

Yes, they are a completely different base. This is the Google ROM on the N1 and has NO HTC stuff at all.

If you're using A2SD/A2SD+, rebaking with the same config should be fine.

You may have to wipe between sense and non-sense tho.

P

Guest Asselberghs
Yes, they are a completely different base. This is the Google ROM on the N1 and has NO HTC stuff at all.

If you're using A2SD/A2SD+, rebaking with the same config should be fine.

You may have to wipe between sense and non-sense tho.

P

I´ll do that thanks m8, looking forward to seeing your awsome work in action:D

Can I bake the supercircle zip file directly into the rom? with the custom ingredients option?

Edited by Asselberghs