StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest toyfreak

Fair warning to those who have installed 1.4.5 over untouched 2.2: My Market problems got worse and worse and after 2 factory resets my Streak is stuck in a boot-loop... Time to start over.

UPDAT (EDIT): Tried re-installing the 1.4.5 package from SD card and still in boot-loop. Time to revert to ???

Edited by toyfreak

Guest cowballz
Market not working for me either. No unsuccessful download message though. It just shows the download icon on the notification bar and then it disappears almost immediately.

+1

Guest terewong

Just upgraded from 1.1.1 -> 1.4.2 -> 1.20 -> 1.4.5

Before 1.4.5 I have 3 major problem with Streakdroid ROM

1) cannot install apps from Market - always install unsuccessful

1b) cannot install my purchased apps ( cannot find the apps in Market )

2) cannot install apk file directly at the first time ( no space alert ) but sometimes okay at 2nd time

3) cannot root ... even UniversalAndroot

After 1.4.5

Upon my 5 minutes experience, point 1) 2) 3) solved but seems the Market APPS is not stable, sometimes FORCE CLOSE

Thanks to Streakdroid team!! look forward new version with smooth experience.

_TL-e-shootme-snap20101124_034657.png

Guest zrospeed

im having no problems with market. It installs fine.

To trace my steps back....

On 1.4.2 i did something that made my streak buggy. So i decided to downgrade my baseband and go back to 1.1.1 to do factory reset. After factory reset on 1.1.1, i upgraded baseband and went to 1.4.1 ( steve mentioned a while back that you have to install 1.4.1 first before updating to 1.4.2). From 1.4.1 i installed 1.4.2. Then steve released 1.4.5, and i installed it on top of my 1.4.2.

No market issue for me...

Edited by zrospeed

Is anybody else getting atrocious slowdowns when typing in text fields in the stock browser? I am pretty much typing a whole sentence and then wait thirty seconds for the text to appear on screen. It's so bad the capacative button vibrations are also delayed--something that in my experience only happens when shits real bad.

Other typing-related activities outside the stock browser doesn't seem to be affected, but its a real drag that I have to hunt for 3rd party web browsers now to find the best fit.

Guest cowballz
Is anybody else getting atrocious slowdowns when typing in text fields in the stock browser? I am pretty much typing a whole sentence and then wait thirty seconds for the text to appear on screen. It's so bad the capacative button vibrations are also delayed--something that in my experience only happens when shits real bad.

Other typing-related activities outside the stock browser doesn't seem to be affected, but its a real drag that I have to hunt for 3rd party web browsers now to find the best fit.

nope runs extreemly fast, thats a case for a factory reset , however seams everyones having an issue with market including myself,

nope runs extreemly fast, thats a case for a factory reset , however seams everyones having an issue with market including myself,

I had the market issue as well but I re-flashed 1.4.5 without factory resetting and now it's working perfectly.

BTW, removeapp.sh didn't work for me...not sure if anyone else used it. I just removed them via adb 1 at a time.

Awesome work on this one as always Stephen!

After doing some troubleshooting it looks like the problem disappears if I enter the browser directly after a reboot and it gets much worse after the browser crashes a few times, so I am willing to bet its related to the crashing browser errors. Thats still an issue in 145, right? I havent had a chance to update yet (on 143 now)

I had the market issue as well but I re-flashed 1.4.5 without factory resetting and now it's working perfectly.

BTW, removeapp.sh didn't work for me...not sure if anyone else used it. I just removed them via adb 1 at a time.

Awesome work on this one as always Stephen!

Just reflashed 1.4.5 without factory reset and market now works!

Guest cowballz
After doing some troubleshooting it looks like the problem disappears if I enter the browser directly after a reboot and it gets much worse after the browser crashes a few times, so I am willing to bet its related to the crashing browser errors. Thats still an issue in 145, right? I havent had a chance to update yet (on 143 now)

try swipe see if that has any lag issues, and make sure u install 1.4.5 , factory reset, let it load , turn off ,reinstall rom, seams to work best for market issue, etc

Guest cowballz

would anyone be some help and know why when u set the dpi to 240 instead of 160 u cant see whos calling?? seams the phone doesnt scale the name and numbers properly??

Guest RSullivan
Just reflashed 1.4.5 without factory reset and market now works!

Same here... Had the market issue, reflashed 1.4.5 without a factory reset. Now the market works!

Guest OrionBG
would anyone be some help and know why when u set the dpi to 240 instead of 160 u cant see whos calling?? seams the phone doesnt scale the name and numbers properly??

The phone app is made to work only with 160dpi !!

If you try to change the dpi it will Not look right!

BTW I have not seen an android Phone.apk to date that scales with the dpi! They have all been made to work on certain dpi setting and nothing more!

Edited by OrionBG

Guest cowballz
The phone app is made to work only with 160dpi !!

If you try to change the dpi it will Not look right!

BTW I have not seen an android Phone.apk to date that scales with the dpi! They have all been made to work on certain dpi setting and nothing more!

darn, I just wish apps support 160, alot of my games/programs are ment for 240 and play in a little window, or wont play at all

Guest payneardo

all went smooth here, upgraded from 1.42 no factory reset

no problems with market (just updated 4 apps) and did notice a sound improvment when playing music thru speaker

Also noticed much quicker reboot time than previous versions as well :)

Thanks very much again

not checked stock browser as it force closes everytime I used it on 1.42 but now using dolphin HD instead and got it set as default B)

thanks again for all your hard work DJ steve

Edited by payneardo

Same here, Market works, slow, then starts force closing. Specifically once an app goes from downloading to installing.

Tries to clear the cache in Setting/applications

That works for me.

Guest maskaler

Yo, couple of questions-

1. I'm still on beta 1, is this the first version I can upgrade directly to without having to install 1.1.1?

2. I assume the commands on OS X are the same as the linux ones? If not I've a linux netbook I can use.

Cheers!