Vega Troubleshooter

Guest TylerDurdenK

Guest TylerDurdenK

I tthought i would start this thread. Although I'm afraid i will be supplying rather more problems than solutions.

Firstly, I have a problem with wifi, it regularly loses connection and i have to reconnect.

Guest TylerDurdenK

Well, I think it my wifi issue was simply down to how i was holding it. The wifi antenna seems to be just next to the power button, and if covered this reduces the signal.

Guest 5c00ter

Funny, I've got an interesting scenario:

2 Wifi hot-spots provided by the following kit, one is a 2wire BT Business Hub and the other is a Belkin N1 wireless router.

1. The 2wire BT Business hub is configured with modem to provide the broadband connection and Wifi is using WPA/WPA2 @54MB channel 1

2. Belkin is configured as an access point, using WPA/WPA2 (exactly same as 2wire) @54MB channel 11

The weird thing is, I can connect to the Belkin hotspot without any issues, however I cannot connect to the 2wire hotspot.

I've seen this issue before with certain wireless chipsets and wifi drivers not playing with certain branded modem routers/APs under linux/ubuntu.

Any clues?

Edited by 5c00ter

Guest ed.dark
Funny, I've got an interesting scenario:

2 Wifi hot-spots provided by the following kit, one is a 2wire BT Business Hub and the other is a Belkin N1 wireless router.

1. The 2wire BT Business hub is configured with modem to provide the broadband connection and Wifi is using WPA/WPA2 @54MB channel 1

2. Belkin is configured as an access point, using WPA/WPA2 (exactly same as 2wire) @54MB channel 11

The weird thing is, I can connect to the Belkin hotspot without any issues, however I cannot connect to the 2wire hotspot.

I've seen this issue before with certain wireless chipsets and wifi drivers not playing with certain branded modem routers/APs under linux/ubuntu.

Any clues?

I had this problem with a Vista Laptop. Try updating the routers firmware..

Guest 5c00ter

Ok some good news.

I rebooted the vega after changing "Regulatory Domains" to 13 and now it connects to my 2wire BT Business hub wifi hotspot.

For the record, when I first went into this screen, none of the channel settings where selected all were greyed out. Now when I visit this screen, channel 13 is active (green)

I don't think this is a fluke as I've been repeatedly trying for the last 24hrs (almost) since receiving the unit.

I hope this helps any body else who maybe experience similar difficulties.

Guest rockrat

can anybody tell me if they have got the vega to connect to the internet via an iphone tethering, either by bluetooth or cable, becuase i cant get either to work.

i have had this thing for 4 days now and still havent got onto the bloomin' internet

Guest terdbin
can anybody tell me if they have got the vega to connect to the internet via an iphone tethering, either by bluetooth or cable, becuase i cant get either to work.

i have had this thing for 4 days now and still havent got onto the bloomin' internet

Jaikbreak your iphone and install mywi

Guest rockrat
Jaikbreak your iphone and install mywi

cant i am afraid as its a company phone...this is supposed to be what it can do. i have tethering setup..in fact using it now on my laptop...but i want it on the vega

please help...can somebody try for me

Guest SilentMobius

By default Android has no bluetooth profile not generic USB driver for network-access-providing devices.

Guest Jon_Vega
Ok some good news.

I rebooted the vega after changing "Regulatory Domains" to 13 and now it connects to my 2wire BT Business hub wifi hotspot.

For the record, when I first went into this screen, none of the channel settings where selected all were greyed out. Now when I visit this screen, channel 13 is active (green)

I don't think this is a fluke as I've been repeatedly trying for the last 24hrs (almost) since receiving the unit.

I hope this helps any body else who maybe experience similar difficulties.

5c00ter, I tried your approach, did not work for me, it just gets to the Obtaining IP Address message and then disconnects. I have tried a static IP which connects, but does not allow me Internet access, suggesting it has not really connecte properly.

Any ideas?

Guest removed-14

Those having wifi issues might want to try what I've been through. Firstly mine was working fine with the stock firmware (out-of-the-box). Then went to 1.04 and r2 with performance pack. It wasn't connecting to my wifi router but did to my HTC Desire with tethering enabled. I updated the firmware of my router and then it started working fine. Then this morning it stopped. After using wifi analyzer on my Desire I found the router was on Channel 13 (auto). I forced it to use 12 and now it connects every time. Also I changed the Regulatory Domains to 13 in the Wifi advanced settings.

Guest SilentMobius

Anyone getting the touch point "sticking" E.G. when using the Keyboard it activates a long-press ranter than a tap?

I've just been testing mine with the multi-touch test app and can see see that sometimes it seems to skip the touch-off event leaving the touch point just sitting there until I tap somewhere else. I'm hoping this is a driver glitch and not hardware.

So anyone else getting the occasional long press when you're sure you only tapped?

Anyone getting the touch point "sticking" E.G. when using the Keyboard it activates a long-press ranter than a tap?

I've just been testing mine with the multi-touch test app and can see see that sometimes it seems to skip the touch-off event leaving the touch point just sitting there until I tap somewhere else. I'm hoping this is a driver glitch and not hardware.

So anyone else getting the occasional long press when you're sure you only tapped?

That does occasionaly happen yes ... not a biggie though ...

I have also noticed the screen is pretty sensitive , I can actually hover a finger over screen where it is almost touching and it still works ... I think thats just warm hands though!

Guest removed-14

I have also noticed the screen is pretty sensitive , I can actually hover a finger over screen where it is almost touching and it still works ... I think thats just warm hands though!

I agree, this is my experience of it too. Can be a tad frustrating but I find that with my phone too!

Guest SilentMobius

No biggie in general, but it can make entering passwords _really_ annoying, especially without a dpad to move the text cursor. I've had "del" stick a few times and wipe out the whole line I was typing.

Guest removed-14
No biggie in general, but it can make entering passwords _really_ annoying, especially without a dpad to move the text cursor. I've had "del" stick a few times and wipe out the whole line I was typing.

I know what you mean. Have you tried an alternative keyboard? I recommend Smart keyboard pro. Never had my del key stick though! That must have been very annoying!