Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

Guest removed-14

Hi all

Got my Vega yesterday and it is certainly a keeper. But first I need a decent case. @AdventVega say accessories are coming but with no idea of timescale. Has anyone found a case that will do the job? I've seen them for the iPad where they have a little stand on the back which is a nice idea.

Reply with your links!!

Cheers

Guest swarrans
Hi all

Got my Vega yesterday and it is certainly a keeper. But first I need a decent case. @AdventVega say accessories are coming but with no idea of timescale. Has anyone found a case that will do the job? I've seen them for the iPad where they have a little stand on the back which is a nice idea.

Reply with your links!!

Cheers

There is actually one on the Currys website under the Vega "Quick look" accessories Tony http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/logik-l10chn1...952398-pdt.html Not sure what it's like, but I'll take a look next time I'm there - they were in stock in all my local stores. Use the £5 voucher and it comes down to a reasonable £15!

Simon

Guest removed-14
There is actually one on the Currys website under the Vega "Quick look" accessories Tony http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/logik-l10chn1...952398-pdt.html Not sure what it's like, but I'll take a look next time I'm there - they were in stock in all my local stores. Use the £5 voucher and it comes down to a reasonable £15!

Simon

Good find but not quite what I was thinking of. I like those where the tablet is strapped in and you open it like a book, rather than getting it out everytime you want to use it.

I like those where the tablet is strapped in and you open it like a book, rather than getting it out everytime you want to use it.

insert another here

Edited by merch

Guest debs626

When I saw the link to the sleeve in currys I remember spotting this in tesco's earlier today.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.208-5084.aspx <---- £7.97

Pretty decent price and it did look like it was going to be a perfect fit.

The only reason I didn't get one is because I have swiped my daughters 10" netbook one B) and I eventually want a case/keyboard for it.

This is what I'm ideally looking for

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Synthetic-Leather-...ef=pd_rhf_p_t_1

I'm going to see what accessories Advent are going to recommend first b4 I make a definite purchase

Edited by debs626

Guest dr_nick

don't think i want a zipped one, myself...

this one on amazon looks quite nice, but there are literally gazillions to choose from

there is a docking port on the middle of one of the long sides of the vega, right? (seem to recall from some video or other...) - what is that gonna work with?! i want me a docking station/charging stand at least! will this be able to handle bluetooth keyboard? can someone test this?

desparate to get my hands on one... even sent my very dodgy chinese equivalent back today in anticipation!

dr_nick

Guest Evil Kaz

I was thinking of picking up one of those cheapy netbook wallets you get from the High Street pound stores. Not sure about dimensions though.

Just to compare dimensions with the iPad and Archos 101.

Advent Vega iPad Achos 101

H 275mm 243mm 270mm

W 178mm 190mm 150mm

D 13.6mm 13mm 12mm

Was hoping maybe the vega could fit in one of the hundreds of iPad cases, but alas different ratio !

Edited by Evil Kaz

Guest captainsensible

The problem with netbook ones is they'll be deeper inside to accommodate a netbook, so although the Vega might fit length and width wise, it still might be a little baggy...

Guest Darryl991
When I saw the link to the sleeve in currys I remember spotting this in tesco's earlier today.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.208-5084.aspx <---- £7.97

Pretty decent price and it did look like it was going to be a perfect fit.

The only reason I didn't get one is because I have swiped my daughters 10" netbook one B) and I eventually want a case/keyboard for it.

This is what I'm ideally looking for

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Synthetic-Leather-...ef=pd_rhf_p_t_1

I'm going to see what accessories Advent are going to recommend first b4 I make a definite purchase

How would that one hold the screen/tablet vertical?

Guest debs626
How would that one hold the screen/tablet vertical?

It wont but it will be handy for me when I have a lot of typing to do. Not suitable for every need but handy accessory to have.

Guest removed-14
It wont but it will be handy for me when I have a lot of typing to do. Not suitable for every need but handy accessory to have.

Are you getting one? Look forward to hearing your views?

Guest TylerDurdenK
there is a docking port on the middle of one of the long sides of the vega, right? (seem to recall from some video or other...) - what is that gonna work with?! i want me a docking station/charging stand at least! will this be able to handle bluetooth keyboard? can someone test this?

There is a dock port along the bottom long edge. I'm interested in any info on accessories that can make use of it.

Guest debs626
AdventVega Advent Vega

@

@ollieandroid We are investigating if we can auto-switch the USB port to allow both syncing and connecting USB drives.

AdventVega Advent Vega

@

@ollieandroid We are investigating if we can auto-switch the USB port to allow both syncing and connecting USB drives.

This makes me think that all the usb port is used for atm is for connecting to PC ?????

/me scraps the case/keyboard idea

but the docking station idea is neat

Guest Bobbler

Not a fan of the "feel" of the Zagg stuff, has a real rubbery sensation and makes touch/gesture control feel somewhat numb. I put it on my Iphone 4 when I got it and wasn't too bothered about loosing it when I had to take the phone back under warranty.

They do offer good service though, and the lifetime warranty is good.

I think we will only see the third party manufacturers getting on board with this tablet (and it's rebranded siblings based on the platform) if it gets some decent coverage and attention. There are a number of devices I have bought over the years which never got anything because they where not the number 1 device of it's kind at the time simply because the potential market is so small to offset the costs of development of bespoke products

Really would like a wrap style cover that could transform into a stand, the wife uses our laptop a lot in the kitchen for recipes and catching up on Iplayer while doing "whatever women do" in kitchens :P :D