76 replies to this topic

Harness

Harness

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
You can install any custom rom yes. My update.zip is to make sure that on the Rogers rom, that Malez doesn't get deleted every time you reboot your phone.

The ROM I have posted (search for my topics), that is the official Rogers ROM, however it's modded (just the installer script) to install from Malez.

Currently working my way back into the dev scene.

wgpII

wgpII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:acer liquid e
I am attempting get to stock 2.1 so i can install rogers ver. 2.2. I have gotten to the point where the instructions say I have to remove Malez-recovery. The phone boots up ok but I get a bad check if I try to update to 2.2. The problem I am having is the remote restore of the recovery.img. I managed to run adb shell then open malez. then i am stuck as to what I should do. Could some do a walk-through of this part? thanks

Edited by wgpII, 16 January 2011 - 06:22 PM.

etc604

etc604

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
hey guys, im sorry if this is stupid question(im new to this) but....

right now i have the official froyo fido rom and I want to run titanium back-up but of course I need my phone rooted. Will I lose all my data or do i just follow the instructions on top of my current rom and I will be rooted?

thanks

crond

crond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E
I can confirm that this fix is working on a Fido Acer Liquid E running stock 2.2 Froyo. I am currently flashing it to LCR-F 2.0 now that malez' recovery works due to this fix :lol:

vixdee

vixdee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Everybody,

I just used the Fido stock ROM (2.2 froyo : 4.004.04_PA_FIDO) back after a LCR 1.2.

The flash has been ok in Malez.

I'm just unable to use tethering (wifi or USB) : process com.android.settings error.

Could this be because I still have baseband : A1-05.01.05 ?
Maybe the fido rom (is not an EMEA) has a pb with this baseband ?

Anyone ?

Thanks
Vixdee

ekramsam

ekramsam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the Rogers Liquid E and I'm on the official 2.2. Malez 6.1 installs fine but when I boot into recovery I get the triangle with the ! in it with the Android dude. If I press the home button it takes me into the stock recovery. Will it work if I try to install the modified Malez' recovery you have posted? Thanks

ravendagrey

ravendagrey

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
I personally love the fact that when i do a nandroid restore that the factoy recovery comes back everytime just incase i need to take my phone in for service.

darksoul7

darksoul7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok... so it's been months and I have yet to upgrade to Froyo. Every time I try, I either get an error on the actual flash or it hangs on the Android boot screen. Thank goodness for Nandroid's recovery.

Could someone give me a step by step on getting back to Factory? I'm retarded when it comes to Androids :)

greendixy

greendixy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I got malez installed pop the battery out went into recovery mode clicked on backup 2 times next question is.. whats in the update file? and is my phone rooted already or after update file thanks

Edit System is rooted using meth 1 worked perfect now on to learning about what roms to use

Edited by greendixy, 03 June 2011 - 08:38 AM.

siup

siup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
is it possible that anyone could upload the file to another server, ie not megaupload, because my region cannot download any files from megaupload
mediafire and depositfile will do

hue thanks ;)

xaueious

xaueious

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Twitter:@xqz
A description of this 'fix' so people know what to do. I returned to stock and realized what the fuss was all about.

In the shipped Acer Liquid E configurations, the recovery partition is designed to be rewritten upon normal bootup of the system.

To install a custom recovery permanently on a stock Acer Liquid E with Android 2.2, this bootup behavior has to be altered. This behavior can be altered by changing the affected file alone, or by flashing a custom ROM which replaces the relevant files.

To install Malez recovery, you can still run the install script, provided that you DO NOT REBOOT the phone into normal bootup mode when the script asks during fastboot, after the custom recovery image has already been installed. Now you will want to unplug the device (and pull the battery) to turn the thing off. Then you can reboot the phone into recovery mode (vol -, camera, power -> phone vibrates three times). Rememeber that to press the camera button, you need to depress fully so you trigger the camera action, not the camera focus. If successful, you will boot into Malez recovery, where you can install a custom firmware of your choice. After the custom firmware is installed, you do not have to worry about the recovery being overwritten.

In recovery mode, navigate using the volume buttons, and select with the menu button. Back returns to the previous option.

Not sure if the update.zip removed install_recovery.sh, flash_image, or altered init.rc.

Edited by xaueious, 15 June 2011 - 04:17 PM.

REDARROW

REDARROW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Is anyone willing to upload the update.zip on a different server as megaupload deleted it from there?
thank you.

pyro224

pyro224

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i cannot install malez recovery and i think i need this update.zip
can someone please mirror it?
thank you

DroidBC

DroidBC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Will this work for the latest Fido update Acer_Liquid_E_4.004.12_PA_FIDO?

Android version is 2.2.2, baseband A1-05.01.07, if that matters.

Edit: I used the "auto root" option from the official Malez Recovery page. Malez Recovery didn't stick but it did give me root, which was all I wanted.

Edited by DroidBC, 03 August 2011 - 03:09 PM.

renzs

renzs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Devices:Liquid E & Galaxy Nexus

A description of this 'fix' so people know what to do. I returned to stock and realized what the fuss was all about.

In the shipped Acer Liquid E configurations, the recovery partition is designed to be rewritten upon normal bootup of the system.

To install a custom recovery permanently on a stock Acer Liquid E with Android 2.2, this bootup behavior has to be altered. This behavior can be altered by changing the affected file alone, or by flashing a custom ROM which replaces the relevant files.

To install Malez recovery, you can still run the install script, provided that you DO NOT REBOOT the phone into normal bootup mode when the script asks during fastboot, after the custom recovery image has already been installed. Now you will want to unplug the device (and pull the battery) to turn the thing off. Then you can reboot the phone into recovery mode (vol -, camera, power -> phone vibrates three times). Rememeber that to press the camera button, you need to depress fully so you trigger the camera action, not the camera focus. If successful, you will boot into Malez recovery, where you can install a custom firmware of your choice. After the custom firmware is installed, you do not have to worry about the recovery being overwritten.

In recovery mode, navigate using the volume buttons, and select with the menu button. Back returns to the previous option.

Not sure if the update.zip removed install_recovery.sh, flash_image, or altered init.rc.

this works.. thanks!

~renzs

Edited by renzs, 24 July 2011 - 11:14 AM.

Acer Liquid E / 4.002.14 EMEA GEN1 / CM9 RC1 -------- Google Galaxy Nexus / JB 4.2.1 / AOKP JB mr1

thirtytwodave

thirtytwodave

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Devices:SGS2LTE,Acer Liquid E
  • Twitter:@thirtytwodave
Can somebody upload again the link is dead

talentedmkey

talentedmkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'm in the same boat. Can someone post an alternate download link? Thanks!

thirtytwodave

thirtytwodave

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

I'm in the same boat. Can someone post an alternate download link? Thanks!

if you just want to root install malez recovery and don't let the phone reboot pull the battery put it back in and boot the phone in recovery, Once the phone reboots you will loose the recovery

malez

malez

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid - Galaxy S2
  • Twitter:@malez2000

i have created an alternative automatic recovery installer. I have sent you a link by PM.
Everything is automatic and recovery should remain in place, even after the reboot.
Unfortunatly , noone contacted me to test it. Keep me informed.

If you enjoy what i do, i would really apprecite that you place a little gift
Posted ImagePosted Image Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/malez2000Posted Image

LCR-F(royo)
malez recovery 0.6.1

thirtytwodave

thirtytwodave

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
I ended up putting in a custom rom as soon as i figure out how to get rogers rom back in i will try and let you know this may take a few hours

Edited by thirtytwodave, 15 September 2011 - 08:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users