Is Everything Full Screen?

Guest TylerDurdenK

Guest TylerDurdenK

Just installed Pauls cutom ROM, and having unticked compatibility mode in Spare Parts, I can't find anything that doesn't run in full screen.

Cool Beans! :P

What does the compatibility mode do, and does unticking it have any drawbacks?

Guest matneee

There's a couple of games - both by Gameloft - that don't play nicely with the idea of full-screen. Asphalt more or less works but just uses the bottom two thirds of the screen, and Let's Golf is basically unplayable because it seems to be trying to map full-screen sized touch input to a small display area. Which is a bugger, because Let's Golf is dead good :P

Not sure about other Gameloft ones.

Edited by matneee

Guest animalz

Have you tried the Gameloft games direct from their site that they optimized for the Galaxy tab - although it's a 10inch screen not 7, I'd imagine that they will display correctly.

The gameloft games in the marketplace don't work too great on my Galaxy tab - but the versions from the site do....might be worth giving that a try?

Guest TylerDurdenK
There's a couple of games - both by Gameloft - that don't play nicely with the idea of full-screen. Asphalt more or less works but just uses the bottom two thirds of the screen, and Let's Golf is basically unplayable because it seems to be trying to map full-screen sized touch input to a small display area. Which is a bugger, because Let's Golf is dead good :P

Not sure about other Gameloft ones.

Is this while using the Spare Parts setting?