Re-installing / enabling Flash on the Vega

Guest PaulOBrien

Flash support on the Vega seems a little strange. Strange in the way it's installed and strange in itself.

Upgrading or updating seems to occasionally break Flash support in the browser, as does installing an updated version from the Market (the Vega seems to have an accelerated version specifically for the Tegra hardware).

If Flash has stopped working on your machine, the fix is super easy!

Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install.

DONE! :P

P

Guest unclebob31
Flash support on the Vega seems a little strange. Strange in the way it's installed and strange in itself.

Upgrading or updating seems to occasionally break Flash support in the browser, as does installing an updated version from the Market (the Vega seems to have an accelerated version specifically for the Tegra hardware).

Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install.

P

Thanks Paul. iplayer works...usual network issues for me lol

P

Fantastic! Works a treat -thanks!

Guest royalhornet

Hi Gang

Please can you help me, My Flash stopped several days ago... I've followd Pauls instructions using Astro File Manager device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv. Theres only on file in there "libflashplayer_froyo v10.1.95.18_signed. I click it then have the option to Browse or Open App. Clicking Open All brings up a new page i click the launch button butit says Activity Not Found - com adobe flashplayer.

TIA

R.H.

Hi, my flash is not working, when i try to watch video clip and click on it it closes down the browser, when i try to do the fix " Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install." i click system and then etc but do not have shuttle_priv all i have is shuttle.sh and shuttle_ins.sh, also downloaded flash from market but still no luck, any ideas what is wrong.

Guest terminaljunkie
Hi, my flash is not working, when i try to watch video clip and click on it it closes down the browser, when i try to do the fix " Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install." i click system and then etc but do not have shuttle_priv all i have is shuttle.sh and shuttle_ins.sh, also downloaded flash from market but still no luck, any ideas what is wrong.

The shuttle_priv is another folder in the /system/etc location, are you sure you have not missed it because I almost did when doing exactly the same thing!

I still don't understand why you cannot update flash from the market - as there is a later version now and I get the nag to update but it breaks again if I do, and i have to revert back to the .apk in the above location. Will this be a permanent issue without the ability to perform the market updates?

Hi Paul, do you know where I can download a copy of Flash version GLES2 for the vega so i can get flash to work.

It's already on the device. Open a command window. With USB debugging enabled and connected to the PC, and being in the directory that you have install-windows.bat, do:

adb-windows.exe shell pm install -r /system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk

That will get flash working again...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kirk Sim

Hi Paul,

So far I have not been able to purchase a Vega and now it seems the next batch of stock will be shipped without flash installed.

Will installing your custom ROM add flash support to a Vega shipped without it pre-installed? If not does anyone know a way of installing flash?

Hi Paul,

I don't actually have n apk file in "priv" folder, i can't find it anywhere, is there a place i can just download the apk file and move it onto the vega, i can't open command on my laptop right now...

Thanks

Hi Paul,

I don't actually have n apk file in "priv" folder, i can't find it anywhere, is there a place i can just download the apk file and move it onto the vega, i can't open command on my laptop right now...

Thanks

I downloaded the slightly newer version in this thread

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...r-for-the-vega/

Post #10 has a link that works.. it'll appear on your SD Card under "Downloads"

Guest Anton2k

Hi guy'sgot my vega today! flashed it with the r5! which is awsome!!!, tryed to install flash by goign to the directory paul specified, but no apk file is there, so i downloaded the apk file and now its in my downloads folders on my ds, can run it though get a parse error, cant move the apk into the foler that paul specified ethir using ifilemanager, just says cant move :S helpplz need to watch some top gear before i go to my bed lol

Guest tailzer
Hi Paul,

Thanks

i didnt either but i clicked on the install.sh file and it popped up a message saying unable to run, but when i browsed up the apk file was there. not sure if the sh ran or it just caused a refresh but once i clicked on the apk it reinstalled flash and all ok. :(

btw so loving this forum and the great work by the peeps on here. installed the performance pack, wow what a difference. Got the nexus wallpaper on and it was stuttering before with no progs running in foreground, now never stutters, smooth as a baby. ;)