Wireless only connecting when unsecured??!!! WIFI probs

Guest DPuppet

Guest DPuppet

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can help, spent 4 hours trying to get the tablet to connect to WIFI at home and best I can manage is when 64-bit WEP key is switched off, leaving the connection unsecured!! It seems to connect fine then? I've use MAC filtering too and have put the MAC code of the tablet in the router, after a lot of trial and error it seems that when the connection is encrypted with WEP key the Vega spends forever saying 'Obtaining IP address from... (and my router name)' but doesn't connect.

Never had any probs connecting wirelessly with IPod Touch/PS3/Netbook so not sure what's going on here

Any suggestions will aid further hair loss!! :P

Guest adam1330

Couldn't connect to my Netgear router either, the Vega could see it, but wouldn't connect. In the end, I looked in my router config, and under the wireless settings I have changed the mode from Auto 108 Mbps to b and g and the Vega found it straight away. This is with WPA2-PSK [AES] security.

Guest DPuppet
Couldn't connect to my Netgear router either, the Vega could see it, but wouldn't connect. In the end, I looked in my router config, and under the wireless settings I have changed the mode from Auto 108 Mbps to b and g and the Vega found it straight away. This is with WPA2-PSK [AES] security.

cheers fella, need to look at how to set that up, got a Zyxel Prestige router but not had it set up with wpa2-psk, would that mean I'd have to change settings on other wireless devices? What's the difference between them? Thanks dude

Guest animalz

see if you router is broadcasting in all Types. B/G/N - By the sounds of the above, it doesn't like it being set to auto - Does the Vega have an N wirless card or B/G only?

Set it to B/G only DPuppet and see if it works. It will be under "Advanced Wireless set-up" normally.

Guest DPuppet

Wow, thanks everyone for such swift responses!!! Ok so it seems not to like WEP encryption on my router, changed to WPA2 and now connects fine, and I assume connection is still encrypted?

Cheers again guys :P

Guest removed-14
Wow, thanks everyone for such swift responses!!! Ok so it seems not to like WEP encryption on my router, changed to WPA2 and now connects fine, and I assume connection is still encrypted?

Cheers again guys :P

Wpa2 is much safer than wep and yes is encrypted.

Hey guys,

OK finally opened my Vega, lovely, however having wifi issues too. I have a Linksys router with WPA-Personal encryption. The Vega can see the network and will connect when open. But just wont hold a connection.

I get Scanning > Authenticating > Scanning > Disconnected > Scanning

I'm thinking I might have typed the password wrong, will try this first.

one other thing I've noticed, it does keep coming up that the network isn't within range!

EDIT:

okay so I missed type the password, all is good.

Thanks.

Edited by Drizz

Guest rockrat

Well, I have had it. Tryd now on 5 separate wifi I know ( family friends) but will not connect. It will at a BT openzone , I.e unsecured network. But all wep or other secured it just will not connect

I think it's going back, and it needs to be this weekend unless u guys can suggest anything