[ROM] ZTE Blade Stock ROMs

Guest Sebastian404

Guest dmeireles

Hi. Portugal's TMN has just released an official 2.2 ROM. I've just finished flashing mine and gonna take a look at the improvements. Download link below:

http://www.tmn.pt/Portal%20Loja%20Virtual/...0B04(FROYO).zip

(or: http://www.tmn.pt/portal/site/loja/menuite...005401650aRCRD)

Instructions are in Portuguese, but basically you need to have your phone in a GEN1 state with the FTM screen showing up instead of clockwork mode. For some reason, the software advises you to perform the whole thing without the battery inserted. Cheers!

Guest Sebastian404

Woah guys, loads of new Stock Roms there...

I'll work on adding them in.... could be a while to get them all tho :)

Guest dmeireles

ATTENTION!!!!

Guys, DO NOT install the latest 2.2 from Portugal's TMN (Sapo A5). I've done that and now I have a locked out bootloader. I was running that ROM for a couple of days until I got fed up with some glitches on it (older and buggy mail client, small data partition, couldn't connect to EAP wireless networks, and so on). So I've grabbed the Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT image files, and surprise surprise, my phone now ignores the VolUp+Menu combination at power up, it is a useless brick now, as the ROM doesn't suit my needs at all! So, my warning, *DO NOT INSTALL THE LATEST 2.2 FROYO FROM PORTUGAL'S TMN/SAPO*.

Guest hedgepigdaniel
ATTENTION!!!!

Guys, DO NOT install the latest 2.2 from Portugal's TMN (Sapo A5). I've done that and now I have a locked out bootloader. I was running that ROM for a couple of days until I got fed up with some glitches on it (older and buggy mail client, small data partition, couldn't connect to EAP wireless networks, and so on). So I've grabbed the Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT image files, and surprise surprise, my phone now ignores the VolUp+Menu combination at power up, it is a useless brick now, as the ROM doesn't suit my needs at all! So, my warning, *DO NOT INSTALL THE LATEST 2.2 FROYO FROM PORTUGAL'S TMN/SAPO*.

That's because you used the official flasher. If you install a zip file from the OP here you will not have such a problem. All it did was upgrade you to stock Gen2, as all official updates do.

Guest dmeireles
That's because you used the official flasher. If you install a zip file from the OP here you will not have such a problem. All it did was upgrade you to stock Gen2, as all official updates do.

Yeah, but in this case, you couldn't extract the ROM just like other self-extracting .exe compressed files. I've tried that, and then tried to use the official tool, as I wasn't aware it could cause this harm. Anyway, I've manage to recover now, using a very doggy ZTE tool (available here in MoDaCo). I'm finally a happy camper again!

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Yeah, but in this case, you couldn't extract the ROM just like other self-extracting .exe compressed files. I've tried that, and then tried to use the official tool, as I wasn't aware it could cause this harm. Anyway, I've manage to recover now, using a very doggy ZTE tool (available here in MoDaCo). I'm finally a happy camper again!

I replied to you aswell in that thread. It's very useful, but you didn't need to resort to it.

Guest groovepeppy

hello to all Blade users here, i'm sorry if i'm asking this in the wrong section.

may i know which ROM got the greatest standby time cause i would like to try to use advance restore to put it's boot image to my N880

thank you very much

:)

Guest evilbrain

there's a zte blade gen2 in Lithuania, from Omnitel. I live here, but don't have the phone and can't make dumps for you :|

Guest smafroid
Woah guys, loads of new Stock Roms there...

I'll work on adding them in.... could be a while to get them all tho :blink:

alrighty ... Sebastian is back... thanks a bunch dude....

Guest nfranto

Is possible to flash any 2.2 stock rom to blade from different country? For example is possible to install TFIN_P729BV1.0.0B03 sweden stock rom to hungarian blade?

Guest groovepeppy

hello to all Blade users here, i'm sorry if i'm asking this in the wrong section.

may i know which ROM got the greatest standby time cause i would like to try to use advance restore to put it's boot image to my N880

thank you very much

:)

bump bump bump . . .

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Is possible to flash any 2.2 stock rom to blade from different country? For example is possible to install TFIN_P729BV1.0.0B03 sweden stock rom to hungarian blade?

While its usually possible, its quite risky. As a general rule, European GSM 2.2 ROMs are all interchangeable. Keep in mind that the stock ROMs overwrite recovery, so if you flash one that doesn't boot at all you will be in a bit of hot water. You will need to flash stock Gen2 firmware to try them here or here, because all the custom layouts don't have enough space on the system partition.

Guest nfranto

While its usually possible, its quite risky. As a general rule, European GSM 2.2 ROMs are all interchangeable. Keep in mind that the stock ROMs overwrite recovery, so if you flash one that doesn't boot at all you will be in a bit of hot water. You will need to flash stock Gen2 firmware to try them here or here, because all the custom layouts don't have enough space on the system partition.

THX, I tried it. It works well except of market. It cannot download. It says starting download > download paused > download unsuccessful. Any proposal to fix it?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

THX, I tried it. It works well except of market. It cannot download. It says starting download > download paused > download unsuccessful. Any proposal to fix it?

Are you using a non-standard partition layout (particularly one with a very small cache)? I think stock ROMs use it to cache market downloads.

Guest nfranto

Are you using a non-standard partition layout (particularly one with a very small cache)? I think stock ROMs use it to cache market downloads.

Filesystem         	Size   Used   Free   Blksize

/dev               	210M    32K   210M   4096

/sqlite_stmt_journals 	4M 	0K 	4M   4096

/mnt/asec              210M 	0K   210M   4096

/mnt/obb           	210M 	0K   210M   4096

/system                160M   118M    41M   4096

/data                  294M   126M   167M   4096

/mtdcache                2M 	1M   796K   4096

/cache             	210M   944K   209M   4096

/mnt/sdcard              1G   262M 	1G   32768

/mnt/secure/asec     	1G   262M 	1G   32768

Guest k0zmic

bump bump bump . . .

Best ROM with standby time seems to be Ginger Stir Fry.

@Nfranto

Your cache size is small, it's only 2MB.

I think there was a script that mounts RAM as the cache somewhere which might be able to help you though.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Filesystem     		Size   Used   Free   Blksize

/dev           		210M    32K   210M   4096

/sqlite_stmt_journals 	4M 	0K 	4M   4096

/mnt/asec              210M 	0K   210M   4096

/mnt/obb       		210M 	0K   210M   4096

/system                160M   118M    41M   4096

/data                  294M   126M   167M   4096

/mtdcache                2M 	1M   796K   4096

/cache         		210M   944K   209M   4096

/mnt/sdcard              1G   262M 	1G   32768

/mnt/secure/asec 		1G   262M 	1G   32768

yeah, looks like you are, although from the above is seems to have directed /cache to somewhere with plenty of space. you can try flashing stock Gen2 firmware and reinstalling the ROM to see if it works, but I'm not sure whether that is causing your problem.

Guest nfranto

yeah, looks like you are, although from the above is seems to have directed /cache to somewhere with plenty of space. you can try flashing stock Gen2 firmware and reinstalling the ROM to see if it works, but I'm not sure whether that is causing your problem.

I flashed stock gen2 firmware. Market now working! Thanks guys!

Guest OlivierBauwens

Hello Sebastian,

I have just bought a "San Francisco" from a Mobistar shop in Brussels two days ago ; currently running Paul r12 froyo ROM, but I can revert back to stock with clockworkmod. Do you already have such a stock ROM from Mobistar (Belgium) and do you need one to help others in the need?

regards,

oliwek

ps. I have no details right now, but stock was a 2.1 rom, with no additional apps from Mobistar that I saw, it looked rather like an unbranded android device, see the following picture :

793145.png

Hi! I bought the same phone as well, I put the r12 froyo rom as well but my gyroscope/accelerometer/Auto rotate screen,... is not working anymore and I would like to go back to the original Stock Android from Mobistar Belgium as it was working in that rom. I'm kind off desperate to find a dump somewhere, I hope someone can help me :-)

If there is another way to fix the problem with the accelerometer than I'd be more than happy to change to another rom, but Swedish Spring isn't working either for this despite having the option turned on. Does your Mobistar San Francisco work with the auto rotate/landscape mode in another rom or is it just me? :-)

Thank you in advance for reading my problem! :-)

Kind regards,

Olivier

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Droid 007

Can someone please tell me a stable Android 2.3 Gen2 ROM that has call recording capability?

I am new to Android and just put Gen2 Android 2.3 by following another forum thread, however that ROM does not have call recording feature.

Guest D4T3N7OD

Hello,

I did the official Base Lutea update (provider E-Plus/BASE in Germany) on my Gen1 Lutea and

made a ROM dump immediately after. Seems to work okay so far (just 2 days of testing, though).

Still working to get rid of some of the preinstalled crap...

Could the dump be useful for anyone here, to complete the Stock ROM archive?

If yes, where to send it?

From Telephone Info:

Modellnummer: BASE lutea

Android-Version: 2.2.2

Baseband-Version: P729B01

Kernel-Version: 2.6.32.9-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Build-Nummer: FRY_P729KV1.0.0B04

Also ran Mr Pigfish and according to its output, now my phone is Gen2.

romdump wasn´t able to use the root exploit with "wlan on" anymore, but I still could root the phone

using the *983*LOGSET# method :D

So, in the romdump the permissions of /system/bin/{su,sh} may be incorrect, haven´t checked it.

Greetings,

Datentod