• 18 posts
I'd download them all and upload to mirror hosts once the links are available

Bigbyte.me

Bigbyte.me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLade
Does Dell India XCD35 really has Android 2.2? Asking since they have always advertised it as having 2.1 and a rom dump link posted by another member also says eclair.

Any ways, can't wait to try my hands on DELL XCD35 Rom. Sebastian please bring it online or host it on a public server( hotfile, rapidshare,mediafire and numerous others).

BTW, I presently have Orange San francisco. If I flash it with Dell's ROM, will it transform to 256mb RAM?

Edited by Bigbyte.me, 11 January 2011 - 05:46 AM.

schteffe

schteffe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Is it correct that there's no stock ROM links availible right now? Any guess when they get online again?

Looking for the Swedish Telia (or maybe the Comviq would work too) in particular since I'm experiencing trouble with calling
with all custom ROMs I've tried so far (as explained in http://android.modac....d-with-a-buzz/)

Edited by schteffe, 11 January 2011 - 09:14 AM.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404

I'd download them all and upload to mirror hosts once the links are available

and quite frankly that why the links are un-available, too many people 'downloaded them all', seemingly more than once...

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Does Dell India XCD35 really has Android 2.2? Asking since they have always advertised it as having 2.1 and a rom dump link posted by another member also says eclair.

Any ways, can't wait to try my hands on DELL XCD35 Rom. Sebastian please bring it online or host it on a public server( hotfile, rapidshare,mediafire and numerous others).

BTW, I presently have Orange San francisco. If I flash it with Dell's ROM, will it transform to 256mb RAM?

I think we would of heard in great depth if it was 2.2

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Is it correct that there's no stock ROM links availible right now? Any guess when they get online again?

Looking for the Swedish Telia (or maybe the Comviq would work too) in particular since I'm experiencing trouble with calling
with all custom ROMs I've tried so far (as explained in http://android.modac....d-with-a-buzz/)

We tried this a few months ago, its a hardware thing, flashing the standard OUK firmware to an affected device seemed to have no effect..

if you REALLY want to double check, try one of the 2.1 firmware, its going to use the same software as the STOCK

Edited by Sebastian404, 11 January 2011 - 11:19 AM.

Bigbyte.me

Bigbyte.me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLade

I think we would of heard in great depth if it was 2.2

Exactly, but I got confused becuase of what you posted at first page under DELL xcd35 information:

Copied from First page:

Dell (India): XCD35
DELL_P729DLV1.0.0B04
CODE
ro.build.version.release=2.2
ro.build.date=Fri Nov 26 17:29:58 CST 2010
ro.build.sw_internal_version=DELL_P729DLV1.0.0B06
ro.build.display.id=DELL_P729DLV1.0.0B04
ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.2_r12

Edit: I just saw that this info has now been edited at first post to it's correct values.

Edited by Bigbyte.me, 11 January 2011 - 11:52 AM.

Matilainen

Matilainen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-I5800
Hi, as said in the first post, the hosting for these ROMs is down. Is there another place to get these? I need specifically Saunalahti ROM EFIN_P729BV1.0.0B02. I would like to flash my phone with the Fillyjonk custom ROM, but i don't dare to do it without a way to flash back to stock.

If somebody has the file, or a link to a place where i can find it, please PM me.

n900

n900

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
EFIN_P729BV1.0.0B02_update_signed.zip

I recovered the file (Finnish Saunalahti Stock ROM) and uploaded to zshare. I hope there is no problem with that.
Ole Hyvä!

Edited by n900, 19 March 2011 - 01:49 PM.

novoiperkele

novoiperkele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:blade

EFIN_P729BV1.0.0B02_update_signed.zip

I recovered the file (Finnish Saunalahti Stock ROM) and uploaded to zshare. I hope there is no problem with that.
Ole Hyvä!

This does not have recovery.img file?

How do i install to remove clockwork?

vareBlade

vareBlade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-Blade
  • Twitter:@varemenos

use the search function? ;)
There are at least 2-3 topics talking about it

Edited by vareBlade, 15 January 2011 - 05:15 AM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Varemenos.com | AKLP.gr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

n900

n900

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

no, it's only the ROM (the Finnish version of Android 2.1 for ZTE). You will have to install recovery clock work to install/backup process. Click here to see guide for beginners.

Edited by n900, 14 January 2011 - 02:33 PM.

Jontus

Jontus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung SGH-i600
Is there somewhere the original Saunalahti recovery.img? Would be great to get it from somewhere.

n900

n900

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
what do you mean by recovery.img?

vareBlade

vareBlade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-Blade
  • Twitter:@varemenos

what do you mean by recovery.img?

Blade's recovery partition image (we usually install recovery apps like clockworks mod inside there)

Varemenos.com | AKLP.gr

vikaaag0

vikaaag0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Is there somewhere the original Saunalahti recovery.img? Would be great to get it from somewhere.

http://www.mediafire...ti_recovery.zip

wishmasterf

wishmasterf

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
When will the links be added? i need YESSS_P729VV1.0.0B01-update_signed.zip. Where i can download?

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Devices:N/A
  • Twitter:@N/A

Ok,- Mobile (Switzerland): ZTE San Francisco
OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01

ro.build.version.release=2.1-update1
ro.build.date=Tue Oct 19 06:15:35 CST 2010
ro.build.sw_internal_version=OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B04
ro.build.display.id=OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01
ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r10

I'm looking for this ROM, any help appreciated.

Evanb78

Evanb78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
My apologies for the noob question, but if (or when) the server goes back up, are the stock ROMs available there suitable for flashing?

I've purchased a Swiss Blade from someone who had already installed a custom ROM (FLBv6). Before purchasing, he told me that in case of any future problems it is advisable to restore the original ROM before claiming a warranty. After I received it, I realized that it had serious WiFi issues with very weak signal and range, so I need to flash back the Swiss stock ROM in order to send it for repair or replacement.

When I asked him where in the SD Card is the backup of the stock ROM, he answered that the original ROM is not on the SD card, because you can't flash back the dumped files, as they need some editing. For that reason, he said that he was rather relying to Sebastian404's ROM archive, which is now off-line. However, on a previous mail he said that on Sebastian404's server, the Swiss ROM is probably only dumped and uploaded as described on his website, therefore in order to flash it back to the phone it needs some editing that only the developers can do.

If the above seems a little confusing, it's because it is. So I would appreciate if you could answer my initial question. Can I flash back the Swiss ROM from Sebastian404's server when (or if) they come back online?

Also is it correct that you cannot backup the original ROM on the SD Card because you can't flash back the dumped files? Every guide and information I read, they explicitly write that the first and most important step before flashing a new ROM is to make a backup of the old ROM. What's good of backing up the old ROM if you can't restore it?

Edited by Evanb78, 21 January 2011 - 08:41 PM.

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Devices:N/A
  • Twitter:@N/A

UPDATE: due to a DDoS attack, hosting for these files is currently down.

Any chance that you could upload them to a site like http://www.mediafire.com/ ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users