Updated LiveView app

Guest rovex

SE have released an updated Liveivew app, best to check the market for updates. Whats improved they dont say, but it is working ok so far.

There are also new plug-ins in the market. Search for com.sonyericsson.extras.liveview this will bring up the plug-ins!

Darn. I sent mine back yesterday for a refund - didn't think SE would fix.

How's the update working for everyone else?

Returned mine yesterday too (it kept killing my galaxy).

Will wait until I hear they've fixed the galaxy/liveview/bt combo before risking another try.

Guest gadgetgaz
SE have released an updated Liveivew app, best to check the market for updates. Whats improved they dont say, but it is working ok so far.

There are also new plug-ins in the market. Search for com.sonyericsson.extras.liveview this will bring up the plug-ins!

Downloaded and installed. Can't see any difference. Shame.

Guest drazvan

It's definitely more stable on a Samsung Galaxy Tab, I no longer get those random disconnections. But if I turn off the LiveView and start browsing the web or let it stand for a while (as in a few hours), it can no longer connect it to the Tab. I have this weird feeling that Froyo might be killing their background service.

I've looked it up and I found this: http://android-developers.blogspot.com/201...rting-with.html . If they're using the setForeground() call to make sure their listener service is always running, that's a no-op on Android 2.0+ (="it does nothing"). A quick start of the LiveView application when the device can no longer connect to the phone seems to solve the problem immediately (since it starts the services again).

Just my 2 cents.

Razvan

it seems the updates makes the connection more stable on my wildfire (CM61)