skype on the vega

Guest pmprichard

Guest pmprichard
I'm using 1.04 with r3, performance pack and the wallpaper fix and Skype is working fine (I can log in, see my contact list etc. etc.)

P

I have tried everything i can think of.Using r3. Tried reinstalling skype, compatibilty mode on and off.

Skype stillexits as soon as i accept the terms and comditions :-(

Guest swarrans
With the wallpaper fix from the kitchen?

P

Skype exits before I can enter my password too Paul.

I have 1.04 r3 from the Kitchen - but I'm not sure if it has the wallpaper fix - can you tell from the download name? 261110-1534-r3-vega-modacocustomromaddon-unsigned-MD5-ffc4398f5c40c7e6e170af4d5872

If I don't have the wallpaper fix is it possible to apply it without doing a USB PC connection - it was a nightmare on my machine and meant I had to virtually rebuild it (Windows fault, not yours!)

I'm loving the Apps and I'm hooked on Angry Birds!

Simon

Guest Pyr0x64

i'm using the latest r3 from the kitchen with the performance pack and wallpaper fix

same problem as above

after installing from the market, i was able to enter username and password before it exited

trying again and it just quits before entering my password now :P

I'm getting the same, by chance does anyone know of a decent MSN messenger app that will let you video call? Might be the only route if we can't get Skype to work.

Guest swarrans
I'm getting the same, by chance does anyone know of a decent MSN messenger app that will let you video call? Might be the only route if we can't get Skype to work.

But it's working for Paul...

Guest swarrans
But it's working for Paul...

Bump

Skype not working is a bit of a deal breaker for me - any idea why some of us cant make it work and is it only paul that can?

Guest dukla2000

Have no idea on Android, but as it is Linux based know for sure I have had problems on Linux (SuSe) as Skype does not define its dependencies properly. And so when it installs it fails to pull in other libraries it needs.

The way I resolve for SuSE is to start Skype from a command line, at which stage you can see the error messages relating to missing libraries. And install them. Having never touched Android wouldn't know how to do the same thing. But my presumption is that Paul has some stuff installed that you don't (g2k, qt, dbus etc are the obvious but on a x86-64 have had lots of others where Skype has required 32 bit libraries, being unable to use the 64 bit ones already installed)

Guest swarrans
Have no idea on Android, but as it is Linux based know for sure I have had problems on Linux (SuSe) as Skype does not define its dependencies properly. And so when it installs it fails to pull in other libraries it needs.

The way I resolve for SuSE is to start Skype from a command line, at which stage you can see the error messages relating to missing libraries. And install them. Having never touched Android wouldn't know how to do the same thing. But my presumption is that Paul has some stuff installed that you don't (g2k, qt, dbus etc are the obvious but on a x86-64 have had lots of others where Skype has required 32 bit libraries, being unable to use the 64 bit ones already installed)

Many thanks - any comment Paul? (I expect you are rather busy though!)

Guest swarrans
Skype now working for me. thanks Paul

Looks like im going to have to face the usb driver hell again.

I wish there was a way to just channge these little bits without going through the whole process again

I don't mean to sound like an idiot but not knowing anything about Skype, i am after making 2 vega's work together with the web cam so my daughters can see and talk to each other even though the chances are that one will be in one room and the other in another. So the big question is Skype the right thing for this or is there something else?