skype on the vega

Guest pmprichard

Fix working for me, skype displays and logs in correctly.

Paul - what did you change to get this working?

Please could anyone please post here a screenshot of skype on vega? skype video call on vega? Please :P Mainly, skype is going to be the big thing for me when I buy it.

Guest SilentMobius
Please could anyone please post here a screenshot of skype on vega? skype video call on vega? Please :P Mainly, skype is going to be the big thing for me when I buy it.

There is no video calling in the current android version of skype

There is no video calling in the current android version of skype

Perfect answer, thanx!

Appaling, though...really wanted to buy the Vega for my parents. They're not too good with computers and stuff, so thought it would be perfect for them. The plan was to create just one big shortcut on the screen - skype...

Any hope for skype android team to add video calls some time soon? I wish...

Guest debs626
Skype won't work for this, but Fring would be a pretty good bet (i've not tested it, but it should work).

P

I can confirm this, have made a couple of video calls and it works pretty well after a reboot of the vega :P

only works for Fring to Fring users, msn video doesn't work

I can confirm this, have made a couple of video calls and it works pretty well after a reboot of the vega :P

only works for Fring to Fring users, msn video doesn't work

What I really needed was laptop to vega video connection as I see that laptop to laptop might cause some usability problems. Just wanted my parents to be able to see me and my sister overseas without having to do anything with laptop.

I'm still considering the Vega and do hope that video skype would be available some time really soon. Gosh, it's almost 2011!!!

Guest removed-14
Yipes, that's a shocker - I hadn't even realised it was voice only!...

How many Android phones available at the moment have user facing cameras? There is your answer to why Skype does not have Video Calling just yet :P

Guest Pyr0x64

not sure what i'm doing wrong...

i've flashed r3 with the skype fix twice, but still can't get skype to log in :P

tonight, i'll try completely wiping, flashing 1.04 and then r3 to be sure

Guest Pyr0x64

Still not sure what was wrong previously, but I just flashed 1.04 then the r3 add-on and installed skype...

I was finally able to sign in :P

It seemed to hang for a minute after that on a blank black screen but eventually showed all my contacts etc.

Subsequent sign in's have been much faster.

Big thanks again Paul. :D

Gingerbread adds GTalk video calling. :D

P

*Waits for Paul to break out the Gingerbread ROMS* :D

Edited by Pyr0x64

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dukla2000

Right,, vega is running fine and i am learning android - first time i have touched an android device.

So idiot question, how do i instal skype? Went to skype.com and they want my mobile number. Dont want to instal any kitchen/performance stuff just yet as trying to get a feel for the thing out of the box first

Guest dukla2000

Got there with help of monkeydrufy, first get market installed, then skype. Which still needs modaco rom to work so have abandoned. Fring works just fine

• 4 weeks later...