A Quick, simple DIY stand

Guest Drizz

This took me all of 5 minutes to do, yes it's rough n ready but it works rather well and seems stable.

IMG_8276.jpg

All you need is a bit of 3x2 and 3 screws/nails and some tape

IMG_8278.jpg

I used medical tape, the type that's like cloth, to cover the screws so they wouldn't scratch the Vega.

It's only to b used temporarily until I can get a proper dock.

Guest MarkoUK
Stick an apple logo on it and there's £55 quid right there :P

We're not going down this road of people making stands out of dog s*** and sellotape just to show that it's possible!

I think we could all come up with some form of rubbish looking stand but we want to see quality efforts on here please.

After all, this is a hackorz forum is it not?

I must say iam impressed with that.

Link says it is the 'compact' version which you can get from loads of places for around £13.

I guess the bonus would be it's very portable and can easily be adjusted to various positions.

Guest removed-14
Tonyyeb, how did you change the Facebook and Twitter etc icons and the bottom right and can these be changed for other shortcuts?

It happened when I installed the official facebook and twitter apps. They link to them now rather than the websites.

It happened when I installed the official facebook and twitter apps. They link to them now rather than the websites.

Thanks. Do anyone know if there is anyway of change them other things has my girls dont use facebook etc and i would like them to link to Cebeebies for example

Thanks. Do anyone know if there is anyway of change them other things has my girls dont use facebook etc and i would like them to link to Cebeebies for example

That's something I'd like to know, want to change twitter to tweetdeck and browser to opera.

OH and as for stands, I've found a picture frame/plate stand on fleabay that looks pretty decent and is adjustable.

plate stand on fleabay

Guest ccs-digital
Some Ipad owners have been using the Gorillapod flexible camera tripod.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/07/how...ome-ipad-stand/

That's genius! Been faffing around with bits of wood and plastic trying to make a stand for my Commtiva N700 all afternoon, whilst having 3 Gorillpod's (of varying sizes) in my camera bag...

Sometimes it's the most blindingly obvious that escapes you isn't it?

Guest trevor432990
Anyone any ideas for a wallmount?

I guess any wallmount for a small flat screen TV could be easily modified to hold a Vega I've been thinking of modifying a desk mounted angle poise stand myself :P

Guest paulwrench

I am particularly proud of this piece of ingenuity, I got a laptop cooler from pound land (for a pound), I firstly removed the screw fixed USB fan, I removed 2 of the sponge rubber feet and found a screw sized hole underneath. I inserted 2 long screws and tightened until they were stable but didn’t crack the plastic, then I glued 2 bits of the removed sponge rubber to the screw heads to stop slippage and stuck some of that none stick matting to the top. My Vega now sits at a convenient web browsing / typing angle. It’s the wrong angle to watch video etc. but sits nicely on the arm of the couch, allowing me to browse and watch TV (just like the netbook that’s now sat on the coffee table did, my wife helpfully pointed out)

post-60410-1291043210_thumb.jpg

post-60410-1291043227_thumb.jpg

post-60410-1291043246_thumb.jpg

post-60410-1291043254_thumb.jpg

Anyone any ideas for a wallmount?

Well after you posted that I had a though, and went ond mounted it on my fat gecko camera mount.

Totally not what you are looking for, but will work a treat as in car mount.

IMG_8304.jpg

IMG_8307.jpg