3 replies to this topic

l3b00

l3b00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
Hello *,

I recently bought a HTC Wildfire from a friend who had his monthly subscription renewed (Vodafone), and having Vodafone unlock my phone would cost 50 euro.

I managed to root the device using Unrevoked, but I'm not sure if I understand how the unlocking process works. If I have root, that means I have full access to all the files in the device, including the system files, right?

Isn't then unlocking just editing one file with a hex editor? Can you guys help me understand what should I do in order to get this baby unlocked without having to pay for a code?

dreamofsandman

dreamofsandman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Wildfire

Hello *,

I recently bought a HTC Wildfire from a friend who had his monthly subscription renewed (Vodafone), and having Vodafone unlock my phone would cost 50 euro.

I managed to root the device using Unrevoked, but I'm not sure if I understand how the unlocking process works. If I have root, that means I have full access to all the files in the device, including the system files, right?

Isn't then unlocking just editing one file with a hex editor? Can you guys help me understand what should I do in order to get this baby unlocked without having to pay for a code?

Did you manage to unlock it? I have the same issue...

ziri

ziri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Did you manage to unlock it? I have the same issue...

did anyone manage to unlock it?
I don't even have a way to put the code in... it just says - no sim card and when I slide to open, it shows me home screen.. no digits or way to enter any code...
:S

dazz39

dazz39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
u need 2 put a diferent sim in and thestart the phone and it will ask u for sim network lock y dnt u ask ur mate to phone his provider as they are oblicated to provid the code free of charge if its contract

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users