Wallpaper size

Guest topshelf95

Guest topshelf95

So I've tried resizing images so they will fit the resolution of the streak's screen, 800x480 and also 800x444 to compensate for the status bar, but no matter what I try it always makes me crop the photo and I lose a lot off the sides, and then when it does apply as wallpaper, it has re-enlarged the photo to span the width of the screen in which case it has cut off top and bottom. Anyone know of a work around or fix for this?

Edited by topshelf95

Guest topshelf95

Ok, this is driving me crazy. I'm following the steps in this post, and I can't believe I'm having issues with something that is normally so simple, but I can't for the life of me get past this. I don't get the option to drag the corners, only to enlarge the box which crops out half the picture and messes it all up. Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something simple here?

http://www.streaksmart.com/2010/06/how-to-...t-cropping.html

No, it's a known problem since 2.1 I think... there's a setting we haven't found yet to set the dimensions.

Ok, this is driving me crazy. I'm following the steps in this post, and I can't believe I'm having issues with something that is normally so simple, but I can't for the life of me get past this. I don't get the option to drag the corners, only to enlarge the box which crops out half the picture and messes it all up. Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something simple here?

http://www.streaksmart.com/2010/06/how-to-...t-cropping.html

Guest topshelf95
I use 960x800 images and the full image is displayed. It works on 2.1 wallpaper and up. Give that a shot.

I've tried a similar setting, and gave this one a try also. It lets you expand the cropping box to use the whole picture, but it still chops off a huge part of the lower half in landscape mode and the picture is distorted anyway from the sides being crammed in. I do appreciate the idea though.

Why is it that when you long press a home page and select "wallpaper" as an option and then choose the actuall "wallpapers" folder that all of those pictures work ok? Is there any way to put a particular sized pictures into the native wallpaper folder to make those work? Where is the native wallpaper folder located in Root Explorer?

Guest OmegaStalker

Ive always had this problem...

Currently running 2.2Froyo (steves 1.4.6) i just use the doom wallpaper now but if you do fix this let me know i would like to eventually change my wallpaper...

Guest ClippinWings

960x800 is the correct setting for Android 2.1 and above.

Newer versions of Android, by default, only show a portion of the image... It does not crop it, when you scroll between home screens you see the rest of it... It appears this was done to accommodate home screen rotation, so I can't really complain.

in short:

800x444 for 1.6 (but you must use an app like "wall paper set and save" to select the wallpaper)

960x800 for 2.1 and above.

I have attached a properly sized 2.1 and up (960x800) wallpaper, that I made, and have used

post-750804-1291229467_thumb.png

Edited by ClippinWings