• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

bennji_boy

bennji_boy

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

When Paul ships his packs, he includes adb.exe but renames it to adb-windows as the pack includes adb for Mac and Linux - so just run adb-windows instead of adb. It will make things much easier if you have adb-windows on the path. If you know how to do this, great. If not, copy adb-windows.exe to c:\windows. You may as well rename it to adb.exe as well. Easier to remember and type!

Cheers

Ahh, that worked. I salute you sir.

Oops-a-daisy, when I installed the apk file and opened it, it said rebooting to recovery and went off with a blank screen and the backlight on.

I held the power button til it went off and started it up again....same blank screen with backlight.

Done this a few times now and it's not booting up, what do I do? :P

nickwarn

nickwarn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:DESIRE HD, T. Folio, POV Mobii
  • Twitter:@nickwarn72
Anyone know what (status0) means. I try to install a zip file with transparent market. Its the first zip that gives me that error, it just say installation aborted (status0)

PASCHA

PASCHA

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:SAMSUNG Omnia i900
maybe its stupid question but which button get enter in recovery mode????
I cant any option list when stay up ??

beegee1962

beegee1962

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:HTC phones, Android, Japan, Softbank, Android tablets
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G

maybe its stupid question but which button get enter in recovery mode????
I cant any option list when stay up ??

No button combination boots into recovery. You need an app to boot into recovery. The apk is included in the ZIP file from 1st post. Just install it as usual on the tablet. When you start it, the tab will boot into recovery.

clear sky

clear sky

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
tried the links in firefox, opera, explorer and I'm not getting any text. Any alternative way to download directly?

MonkeyBoy451

MonkeyBoy451

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, Asus TF101
  • Twitter:@ianjcraven

tried the links in firefox, opera, explorer and I'm not getting any text. Any alternative way to download directly?

I've added the .apk to my dropbox for you: http://db.tt/blYSEXV

Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM (Yakju)
Android Version: 4.0.2 | Baseband: I9250XXKK6 | Kernel: 3.0.8-gaaa2611 | Build: ICL53F

Current Tablet: Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 - Stock
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retired Gadgets: HTC Desire (AMOLED), Advent Vega

clear sky

clear sky

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I've added the .apk to my dropbox for you: http://db.tt/blYSEXV

Thanks I got it. Could you do the same with the Recovery image and flash utility? Assuming that it's not a huge file

MonkeyBoy451

MonkeyBoy451

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Thanks I got it. Could you do the same with the Recovery image and flash utility? Assuming that it's not a huge file

Sure, here's the zip - http://db.tt/VJ92uJc - only 4mb or so zipped. :D

Android Version: 4.0.2 | Baseband: I9250XXKK6 | Kernel: 3.0.8-gaaa2611 | Build: ICL53F

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clear sky

clear sky

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Sure, here's the zip - http://db.tt/VJ92uJc - only 4mb or so zipped. :D

Got that one too. Thanks a million! :D

N3ls0n

N3ls0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Samsung Galaxy S
  • Twitter:@none
Hi,

I have tried to download the files several times but when I open them the zip file is damaged, anyone else had this or know of an alternative location

Nelson

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire
If you're donwloading on the Vega, do it on your PC instead.

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

MonkeyBoy451

MonkeyBoy451

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Hi,

I have tried to download the files several times but when I open them the zip file is damaged, anyone else had this or know of an alternative location

Nelson

Was this from my 2 dropbox links above, or from the Modaco site?

N3ls0n

N3ls0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Samsung Galaxy S
  • Twitter:@none

Was this from my 2 dropbox links above, or from the Modaco site?

Hi, I downloaded them from the dropbox. When opened ...

! C:\modaco\r4-vega-recovery.zip: Unexpected end of archive
! C:\modaco\r4-vega-recovery.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

I tried a few time to download, same error.

HTH
Nelson

PASCHA

PASCHA

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:SAMSUNG Omnia i900
hi all......
I use fuji fega rom and inside it the recovery apps..
there is no problem when get recovery boot..
when open recovery volume down and up keys choose opininon recovery lines but I cat choose reboot sistem now or apply update zip.
because do not any key or switch for select any one...
have can I choose apply ıpdate.zip .... which button or key..???

aafter I use power button and restart vega.!!!

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire

hi all......
I use fuji fega rom and inside it the recovery apps..
there is no problem when get recovery boot..
when open recovery volume down and up keys choose opininon recovery lines but I cat choose reboot sistem now or apply update zip.
because do not any key or switch for select any one...
have can I choose apply ıpdate.zip .... which button or key..???

aafter I use power button and restart vega.!!!

The power button selects the option.

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

Schooleydoo

Schooleydoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
I have pushed what is needed using the first two code commands, on a cleanly installed 1.08 R8.

However...

adb.exe shell chmod 4755 /data/local/flash_image

This step opens Android Debug Bridge on mine. It doesn't seem to do any more than that.

When I then enter:

adb.exe shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/recovery.img

I get a permission denied error. Any ideas? I am in an Administrator command prompt.

Edit: I must have missed something in step 3. When I started again and copied and pasted each step into my CP, it didn't open the Debug Bridge.

Now CWModded :(

Edited by Schooleydoo, 04 March 2011 - 07:42 PM.

henky92

henky92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
clockwordmod is acting weird, when I try to select: apply update, and press the power button to enter it returns to the main menu:| there's no way for me to select any option!

s2k52

s2k52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
I finally got the ClockworkMod recovery installed but couldn't get the adb method to work. So, I thought I'd share the details of my solution with anyone else with the same problem.

When I run the command "adb devices" I get the "error: device not found" message. Despite reinstallation of USB drivers and following the various suggestions in other posts, it still doesn't show my Vega. I originally had a similar problem with my Milestone, but an upgrade to the Android SDK fixed that.

Anyway, I ended up using a combination of the Root Explorer and Better Terminal apps on my Vega to perform the installation. I used Root Explorer to copy recovery.img and flash_image from the download location to /data/local/. The iFileManager on the Vega can't see the files in this directory, but Root Explorer can.

I then found that although Root Explorer can set Read/Write/Execute permissions, e.g. 755, it doesn't seem to be able to set the UID. So, I used Better Terminal to “cd” to the directory and, following an “su” command and agreeing to the pop-up regarding superuser privilege, did the chmod 4755. As I was already in the directory, the final command before reboot was just

./flash_image recovery ./recovery.img

I could have done all the above with just Better Terminal but there's less typing involved by copying with Root Explorer. I originally tried to use the free Terminal Emulator for the command line stuff, but it opens full screen on the Vega so you don't have the soft menu key normally available in the notification bar and there's no hard menu key (at least not on mine!). Whereas in Better Terminal the notification bar is still shown and the soft keyboard appears when you tap on the screen anyway.

[EDIT] I'd just bought my Vega when I wrote the above. I've now discovered that a long press on the back key acts as a menu key.

Edited by s2k52, 14 March 2011 - 08:08 PM.

godinandroid

godinandroid

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Question, earlier it was mentioned that this is available on rom manager, does this mean I can just purchase the premium version, search for pauls clockworkmod thing and install without using ADB etc?

godinandroid

godinandroid

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Question, earlier it was mentioned that this is available on rom manager, does this mean I can just purchase the premium version, search for pauls clockworkmod thing and install without using ADB etc?

Yes, you can. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users