• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

toibs

toibs

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Iphone 4 / Orange SF

Dixons/currys show instock as of 11:30 today, so on the off chance I ordered one, you never know, they might actually have some.. :(

Lol - just by chance i noticed also, so have ordered one - fingers crossed :)

Thought i'd come here to tell everyone, but it seems you beat me to it!! :)

Paul

Dayzee

Dayzee

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I'm a published Author, Stand Up Comedian (occasionally), Improvisor, and teacher - But most of all, I love my Gadgets :) Especially Android!!<br /><br />Here's my Amazon Author Profile - Over 18's tho <br />http://www.amazon.com/Edie-Bingham/e/B002BLV6FY/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
  • Devices:Hero, Nexus One
  • Twitter:@daized
Me too, will keep you informed when it arrives - mine is down for Thursday delivery so far... LOL Hey, I'm an optimist. :)

Dayz xx

AndyCr15

AndyCr15

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@AndyCr15
Initially all the websites show they now have stock. When you add one to your basket it says they don't have any... :)

Me on Google+ | LAN Gaming in North London
Hemorrdroids.net - Android News, Guide's and App reviews. - @hemorrdroids

mclanecxantia

mclanecxantia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 android 2.2

Me too, will keep you informed when it arrives - mine is down for Thursday delivery so far... LOL Hey, I'm an optimist. :)

Dayz xx

its maybe the fith time they had stock.
but again i was not succesful in getting one.

its a situation that reminds me on the GDR, the german democratic republic,
or called east-germany, where you had to wait years if you ordered a telephone-account
or a car (trabbi).

the GDR was a communistic regime.
Is UK also communistic ? why isn't it possible for the company dixons to order
enough pads ?

somehow there is no big difference anymore between capitalism and communism.

toibs

toibs

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Dayz xx

I havent got a date against mine as i'm "in the queue for the new ones arriving this week".

gitf@ce

gitf@ce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Devices:Skate - Streak - Transformer

Dayz xx

Where did you get a delivery date?

All I got was.... "Small item(s) (expect delivery within 3 working days) Delivery method: Standard" on a couple of the emails they sent me. At the same time the product is described as "ADVENT - Vega Internet Tablet- Due to unprecedented demand we have sold out and will be back in stock this week".

Must say I'm finding this all very confusing. They've taken my money for something they don't have yet?

This seems a very piecemeal way of selling a new product!

Dayzee

Dayzee

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I'm a published Author, Stand Up Comedian (occasionally), Improvisor, and teacher - But most of all, I love my Gadgets :) Especially Android!!<br /><br />Here's my Amazon Author Profile - Over 18's tho <br />http://www.amazon.com/Edie-Bingham/e/B002BLV6FY/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
  • Devices:Hero, Nexus One
  • Twitter:@daized

Where did you get a delivery date?

All I got was.... "Small item(s) (expect delivery within 3 working days) Delivery method: Standard" on a couple of the emails they sent me. At the same time the product is described as "ADVENT - Vega Internet Tablet- Due to unprecedented demand we have sold out and will be back in stock this week".

Must say I'm finding this all very confusing. They've taken my money for something they don't have yet?

This seems a very piecemeal way of selling a new product!

Was on at 11.30 when they just went libe with new stock, and paid for a specific delivery date. Not saying it actually WILL be delivered then, but website put it all through and emails say it will be delivered then... Will wait and see.

gitf@ce

gitf@ce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
@Dayzee

Damn... that'll teach me for being such a cheapskate and going for the free delivery!

Hope yours turns up...

Bisto321

Bisto321

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
PCW Tottenham Court road had a display model out today!

Wow, finally get a chance to play with one and have a look at the screen to compare with my folio.

No such luck, bloody thing was broken! The chap said it was bust and they were waiting for another demo model.

I am not a sales person but would you not remove broken demo stock? I would certainly not admit to it being 'bust' - looked and felt quite nice though.

These things are like hens teeth, are they popular or something? :)

mclanecxantia

mclanecxantia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 android 2.2

PCW Tottenham Court road had a display model out today!

Wow, finally get a chance to play with one and have a look at the screen to compare with my folio.

No such luck, bloody thing was broken! The chap said it was bust and they were waiting for another demo model.

I am not a sales person but would you not remove broken demo stock? I would certainly not admit to it being 'bust' - looked and felt quite nice though.

These things are like hens teeth, are they popular or something? :)

if you find a working advent, you could relate the 2 screens with each other and tell us about.

AndyCr15

AndyCr15

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@AndyCr15
Did PCW TCR have any for sale though? Why would you have a demo model if you didn't have any to sell?

Me on Google+ | LAN Gaming in North London
Hemorrdroids.net - Android News, Guide's and App reviews. - @hemorrdroids

Bisto321

Bisto321

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero

Did PCW TCR have any for sale though? Why would you have a demo model if you didn't have any to sell?

No, unfortunately they did not. Lots of interest in the vega though and lots of frustrated people asking why it was not working!

There was a gap for the vegas little brother (forget what it is called)

Off topic, sorry, but while I was in there picked up this little remote for the PS3. OMG how cheap is that, thought it was a mistake!

http://www.pcworld.c...037936-pdt.html

If you are stuck for a few stocking fillers, this is pretty nice value.

gitf@ce

gitf@ce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Just got through to Dixons as I find this ordering system all rather vague. The guy told me there was no stock on Saturday when I placed my order, in fact they currently have minus 27 units?

All he could say was that there will be stock this week (they said that all last week). So it's anyones guess when this item will show up!

Bit miffed they took my cash for something they didn't have...

toibs

toibs

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Off topic, sorry, but while I was in there picked up this little remote for the PS3. OMG how cheap is that, thought it was a mistake!

http://www.pcworld.c...037936-pdt.html

If you are stuck for a few stocking fillers, this is pretty nice value.

Lol - just picked up two for home Del myself as available online...

Just got through to Dixons as I find this ordering system all rather vague. The guy told me there was no stock on Saturday when I placed my order, in fact they currently have minus 27 units?

All he could say was that there will be stock this week (they said that all last week). So it's anyones guess when this item will show up!

Bit miffed they took my cash for something they didn't have...

Therefore since they have taken the money (and I can also confirm that they have) then they are legally obliged to supply these!! Hence the reason why lots of places dont actually take the money until the goods are shipped! But yes, exactly what i was told. The girl confirmed that payment had been taken and was successful, and it was just a case of waiting for stock to appear. She did say to give them a call later in the week if i hadnt heard anything...

Paul

Edited by toibs, 13 December 2010 - 12:23 PM.

Paul Fraser

Paul Fraser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
The AdventVega tweet Monday pm reports all forward orders have been actioned.
Fingers crossed...

Tenacioustina

Tenacioustina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Yippee!!!!!

My Vega has just been delivered, all that running around, phone calls, lies and money taken before they had stock, also no emails sent to advise on the situation. Currys are going to get a stiff email telling them how unhappy I have been.

Taken it out of the box to have a look and it looks really nice, will have a little try and set it all up tomorrow as it's a pressie for me son and he's due home from school in an hour.

Sigh of relief :)

gitf@ce

gitf@ce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Yippee!!!!!

My Vega has just been delivered, all that running around, phone calls, lies and money taken before they had stock, also no emails sent to advise on the situation. Currys are going to get a stiff email telling them how unhappy I have been.

Taken it out of the box to have a look and it looks really nice, will have a little try and set it all up tomorrow as it's a pressie for me son and he's due home from school in an hour.

Sigh of relief :)

When did you place the original order?

Paul Fraser

Paul Fraser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Yeah, I'd like to know too, but I suspect he is busy playing with his new toy. I'd be :)

Tenacioustina

Tenacioustina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
On the 3rd with Currys.

godinandroid

godinandroid

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
So the twitter feed says 'I've been advised that all forward orders have been actioned. I will try and obtain tracking details to DM those who contacted us'.

Does anyone know what this means? Is there more stock in soon or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users