Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

I've been checking last 2 weeks, still nothing, if there is no stock in next two weeks I have a m8 who's getting me a Viewsonic G-Tablet from Italy so it's upto PCW/Dixons/Curry's to get their skates on if they want me as a customer :(

The Currys website has had stock intermittently over the last couple of weeks. I held off ordering when they did have stock as I didn't want it turning up when I was not around. There is some hope of stock coming soon then, I guess.

Ian

Guest Wombatter
The Currys website has had stock intermittently over the last couple of weeks. I held off ordering when they did have stock as I didn't want it turning up when I was not around. There is some hope of stock coming soon then, I guess.

Ian

In stock on website this morning :( no-one order any ;) wanna pick mine up 1st from store over road of my work :-)

Guest Restless_UK
In stock on website this morning :( no-one order any ;) wanna pick mine up 1st from store over road of my work :-)

Oops... Bought one then came here to tell others... hehe... Sorry I hope you get your soon tooo.. ;)

Guest bennji_boy
Oops... Bought one then came here to tell others... hehe... Sorry I hope you get your soon tooo.. :(

I've just ordered one, excited doesn't even come close haha

Guest Wombatter

all lies i tell ya, :( there's none in STORES tho.. just checked both local PCW & Currys, only online orders and there are NONE in stock, they are being pre-ordered direct from overseas, so everyone still going to have to wait..

I suspect at this rate I'll be getting the G-Tablet instead as this is available to me now..

Edited by Wombatter

Guest Restless_UK
I've just ordered one, excited doesn't even come close haha

I got up early to check since it's pay day, i seriously wasn't expecting it to add to basket when i clicked.. i didn't even have any second thoughts til after i bought it.. I already have three emails to say it's shipping.... to late now i guess..... :(

Guest Schooleydoo
Oops... Bought one then came here to tell others...

Just did the same :(

3-5 day delivery seemed to be the only option for me though, from PC World. Hoping it's not quite that slow...

Edited by Schooleydoo

Guest bennji_boy
I got up early to check since it's pay day, i seriously wasn't expecting it to add to basket when i clicked.. i didn't even have any second thoughts til after i bought it.. I already have three emails to say it's shipping.... to late now i guess..... :(

I've been clicking buy every hour for the past few days and like you wasn't expecting it to add to basket this morning, it's on it's way now, hurrah

Guest Restless_UK
Just did the same :(

3-5 day delivery seemed to be the only option for me though, from PC World. Hoping it's not quite that slow...

i got mine from the Dixons website and they are saying the same delivery estimate.. they have sent be a few emails so far saying that it's ready for delivery though, so hopefully that means they have the stock and it will be here for about Wednesday (not counting sat, Sun and Mon as "Working Days")

Can't wait though, i'll be reading up on all i can until then ;)

Guest Wombatter
I've ordered one too - can't wait for it! ;)

(Well, technically I can, but never mind...)

I bit the bullet and did mine online as well, but have NO e-mails yet for any confirmation ;) but it's in the online account info....

BTW the ADVENT10 code still gets you £10 off :(

Edited by Wombatter

Guest bennji_boy
I bit the bullet and did mine online as well, but have NO e-mails yet for any confirmation ;) but it's in the online account info....

BTW the ADVENT10 code still gets you £10 off ;)

Gah, now you tell us :(

Guest Wombatter
Gah, now you tell us :(

Whoops ;)

I figure Paul deserves the £10 I saved on my Vega for his ROM development, and I'm sure I can chip in some code as well ;)

Definatly going to play with A2SD+ and data2ext that I have on my phones with the Vega (if/when it arrives lol)..

Ordered from Dixons - they have confirmed and have prepared it for dispatch. Used Quidco: it tracked straight away; however, the discount code didn't work.

Anyone know who Dixons uses for delivery?

Guest Bobbler
Ordered from Dixons - they have confirmed and have prepared it for dispatch. Used Quidco: it tracked straight away; however, the discount code didn't work.

Anyone know who Dixons uses for delivery?

Well, I got no tracking at all via Quidco but did get the Quidco members free delivery offer which seems a bit odd thinking about it. At same status as yours of ready for dispatch and ordered about 2pm today. Money has gone from my bank card.

Think it was DHL from what I read elsewhere on the forum when the earlier batches came in.

Really hope this goes without a hitch, last chance before the VAT increase I guess

Edited by Bobbler

Guest Grant Meek

I reckon I'm one of the lucky few. Being a PCW employee I've managed to purchase one that was returned as an unwanted Xmas gift. It pays to be there sometimes lol.

Guest Wombatter
Yay! Dispatch notification has just come through, looks like it will with me Wednesday!

Lucky you B) ordered mine on 31st, no confirmation e-mails or anything since...

Rang Currys up spoke to someone who said it had gone through the system and I should've had the e-mail.... grrr hope they not buggered it...

P.S before anyone says no it's not in my spam/junk folders :unsure:

Guest jellywobbles
I reckon I'm one of the lucky few. Being a PCW employee I've managed to purchase one that was returned as an unwanted Xmas gift. It pays to be there sometimes lol.

Well done! I have one going back to Currys, bought one for my son for Xmas but his wife beat me to it!

Guest bennji_boy

Mine is 'out for delivery' on DHL website, ordered on Currys on 31st December.

I got a strange message in response to an enquiry to Dixons which suggests there may not be any more coming (my enquiry was registered before I'd ordered one and the response received after I'd ordered one, bizarre):

Dear Customer,

The Advent Vegas is currently out of stock and we have no estimated date of arrival for this product into our warehouse. The product is on order with the manufacturer but as we have confirmed date the item has been temporarily removed from the website. Should the item not re-appear in the next 3 weeks we will have been unable to source further stock.

Guest Restless_UK

Mine is out for delivery too, so they must have had a few available.. There has been no word on their Twitter account that there was any available so i can assume there really wasn't many in this batch.

I have checked the DHL website and mine is currenty stuck at "Parcel received after cut off time" so i can imagine it to be a Wednesday delivery too, just hope someone will be in to recieve it...

I got a strange message in response to an enquiry to Dixons which suggests there may not be any more coming (my enquiry was registered before I'd ordered one and the response received after I'd ordered one, bizarre):

Dear Customer,

The Advent Vegas is currently out of stock and we have no estimated date of arrival for this product into our warehouse. The product is on order with the manufacturer but as we have confirmed date the item has been temporarily removed from the website. Should the item not re-appear in the next 3 weeks we will have been unable to source further stock.

Guest bennji_boy
Mine is out for delivery too, so they must have had a few available.. There has been no word on their Twitter account that there was any available so i can assume there really wasn't many in this batch.

I have checked the DHL website and mine is currenty stuck at "Parcel received after cut off time" so i can imagine it to be a Wednesday delivery too, just hope someone will be in to recieve it...

My status has changed to 'Parcel with courier for delivery', I might be getting it today, hurrah

Dear Customer,

That's just a standard reply. They told me the same thing about a tv i ordered from them last year- they were still selling it six months later.