Hyper sensitive screen

Guest dirtyfrog

Guest dirtyfrog

I've seen quitquite a few people ccomplaaining aaboutt the keeyboaard e entering ddoubleee letters wwwhen typing. Yes this is being typedd on my vegaa

itss gettting beyonnd a jokes now. Organising home scrfreen is practically impossible aass whenever I hold an iccon or widdggeett to move to it the screen reegisterss multiple ttoufheeeeeeess touccheees oh for God's ssakeee

this has. Top. Go. Baack ddoeesznt it

Guest dirtyfrog
lmao!

Mine did it once in a blue moon, then I installed Smart Keyboard Pro and it's WAY better. Any alternative keyboard should do!

P

It's not the keyboard,, i've installed the same one. trying to play wordfeud, randomly drops letters when dragging them into position. It's ssoomeeegimesss worse than others and I knoww it waas only. 250 qquid but. This is unusable

Guest MarkoUK
It's not the keyboard,, i've installed the same one. trying to play wordfeud, randomly drops letters when dragging them into position. It's ssoomeeegimesss worse than others and I knoww it waas only. 250 qquid but. This is unusable

Sorry, but reading that is very funny :P

Try cleaning the screen with a wee bit fairy liquid and water on some toilet roll.

Dry it off with toilet roll again and reboot the Vega.

Lettt mmme kniii[pppp[ how it ggsoes (sorry :D )

Guest debs626

@dirtyfrog

Do you have really warm hands ?

Sometimes I have gone to select an app and haven't even touched the screen and its opened. I wonder if your getting random key presses as you go to tap the key, tapping the key then as you remove your finger ?

just a though ........... I can actually control my xperia by just breathing on the screen :P

Guest matneee
Also got sick of this problem which is why I took mine back.

Shame though, I still think it is good value for money but it annoyed meeee toooooo muccccch.

Curiously, I like it - I find a lot of touchscreens are a bit slow for my liking, but I can more or less type at normal speed on the vega with the stock keyboard. Well, in landscape mode, at any rate.

I did find the screen worked a lot better after I gave it a good clean though - it felt like there was a thin film of residue after the screen packaging was removed.

Guest john newhouse

mine is going back today for that very reason.

i have had it for a week, and its only been usable for a 3 hour period on Friday.

i have tried everything. repeatedly washing my hands. cleaning the screen, reboots etc... but its hit and miss at best. the most annoying thing for me is that i cant unlock the thing! as i cant drag the slider far enough along the screen to reach the unlock dot.

i am though going to get myself another one asap though as i am hoping this is a flaw with mine.

Guest removed-14

All these issues must be faults as i've had very few instances of this. It happens on my Desire more than my Vega! But the is because I nearly touch the edge of the screen with the hand that holds the phone.

Guest dirtyfrog

Yeah, gonna take it back to PC World. Shame as it is otherwise good.

What's the easiest way to remove all my tweaks, apps and media, and return it to factory settings?

Guest 5c00ter

I think you'll find that over time and fair amount of usage things settle down and the touch screen keyboard behaves itself without the dreaded key repeat issue, and becomes a real joy to use, even with the stock keyboard.

I think it may have something to do with the packaging, but not 100% sure.

Guest welshblob

Right i've just experienced the double character annoyance for the first time and this is after 5 days of use. What i found to be causing my problem was having the power supply connected whilst it was fully charged. I'm sure i've used it like this before with no probs but can't be 100% sure.

Rob

Guest firedup
Right i've just experienced the double character annoyance for the first time and this is after 5 days of use. What i found to be causing my problem was having the power supply connected whilst it was fully charged. I'm sure i've used it like this before with no probs but can't be 100% sure.

Rob

Mmmmm you might be onto something there.

Rob

Same here. Up till now have used the vega unplugged. As soon as I plugged it in last night the double characters and over sensitive response started immediately. I unplugged it, it stopped, plugged it in, and it started again. the battery was not fully charged either.

I think having the mains adapter attached affects the capacitive nature of the screen. I must also say I think the mains charger is extremely shoddy and there has been a report on another thread of a mains adapter blowing completely.

Please report any issues you experience and we can report back to DSG. Personally I wouldn't trust this mains adapter. Recently I had a laptop with a cheap replacement mains adapter that was clearly not good. Every time you touched the laptop lid when plugged in you could feel a vibration/discharge - really weird.

Guest welshblob
Same here. Up till now have used the vega unplugged. As soon as I plugged it in last night the double characters and over sensitive response started immediately. I unplugged it, it stopped, plugged it in, and it started again. the battery was not fully charged either.

I think having the mains adapter attached affects the capacitive nature of the screen.

I wonder why though as I have definitely used the vega with the power plugged in, just not at 100% charged before the problem occurred. Maybe I just haven't been typing much when doing it until last night?

I must also say I think the mains charger is extremely shoddy and there has been a report on another thread of a mains adapter blowing completely.

Please report any issues you experience and we can report back to DSG. Personally I wouldn't trust this mains adapter. Recently I had a laptop with a cheap replacement mains adapter that was clearly not good. Every time you touched the laptop lid when plugged in you could feel a vibration/discharge - really weird.

Not sure about that as I'm sure there will be a faulty one in every batch and it seems as good quality as most other wall warts I've used. The UK pin adapter wasn't properly locked on mine when it arrived though.

Guest friedgoldmole
I wonder why though as I have definitely used the vega with the power plugged in, just not at 100% charged before the problem occurred. Maybe I just haven't been typing much when doing it until last night?

Not sure about that as I'm sure there will be a faulty one in every batch and it seems as good quality as most other wall warts I've used. The UK pin adapter wasn't properly locked on mine when it arrived though.

I definitely think there are issues with the touch screen, if you press near the top of the delete key or other letters it will often press the key above which is bad enough but also the screen is a lot less sensitive near the bottom.

Not really had any problems with mine .. occasionaly I will get a double tap on the keyboard, and touch screen web surfing can be a bit hit and miss with smaller links that need to be hit, but generally its fine.

Can't say I have noticed any dead zones around the screen either.

I had this (mmmmuullltiiiple keyprreess) when i first unpackaged my Vega and found that turning off the options around predictive text etc fixed it.

All OK now but will look at other keyboards to install tonight as i'm not keen on the stock one.

(oh and this is my first post so hello to all! :P)

Edited by ~Jon~

Guest friedgoldmole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y7cf8IdgfM...be_gdata_player

Here is a video i took showing my touchscreen issues, poor quality and filmed sideways sorry, but I think you can see the issues. I wonder if anyone else can do a similar test with the multitouch visualiser. Thumbs are accurate but finger tips exhibit poor accuracy at the bottom of the screen, even loosing the position all together at one particular position near the middle

Edited by friedgoldmole