how does one setup FTP?

Guest BiggerH

Guest BiggerH

what I want to do is transfer files from my Windows 7 pc to the vega, but really have no idea what to install on either machine, or how to set it up

I guess I want a FTP Server on the PC, but don't really know how to progress any further. Can anyone help please (I once set up Filezilla to transfer files to my Popcorn Hour, but can't remember how I did it)

Many thanks.

Guest MonkeyBoy451

I use SwiFTP on my HTC Desire which is an ftp server (available in the market), then use FileZilla on my PC to connect to it. I'm guessing it'll work on the vega too.

Guest BiggerH

thanks for that

setup Filezilla on pc and SwiFTP on the Vega.

In Filezilla from the PC, I can 'see' the folders on the Vega, but it won't let me access them

not at home but the error was something like 'logon error 50 or chroot error'.

any idea what I'm doing wrong?

thanks.

Guest SilentMobius
thanks for that

setup Filezilla on pc and SwiFTP on the Vega.

In Filezilla from the PC, I can 'see' the folders on the Vega, but it won't let me access them

not at home but the error was something like 'logon error 50 or chroot error'.

any idea what I'm doing wrong?

thanks.

Personally I just use Astro + Astra SMB (SMB is the protocol that Windows file sharing uses) I can the read and write directly to an shared directory on my PC from my Vega.

For general "Keeping stuff on both machines" I use dropbox.

IMHO FTP is a bit cumbersome for basic file transfer.

Guest English Haze

And there's also the WebServe application that turns your mobile device into a mini web server (over wireless only) that you can connect to from any browser on a local PC and manage file download and upload that way.