Can I make the notification bar smaller?

Guest TylerDurdenK

Guest welshblob
+1 for a solution

I guess its that big for the home, back and options buttons. I'd also like to see it made smaller if not disappeared completely with either floating buttons or those replaced by gestures.

Rob

For me the size is about right really considering it has the home and the back buttons on it ... Any smaller and I know my big paws wouldnt cope ...

Make it transparent or be able to change the colour though ... that would be usefull

Guest trebor63

Hi,

I am using a app called estrongs file Explorer to help stream media from a nas drive, however part of the programme I belive is behind the notification bar?

Is there any way to hide the bar temporarily or make the app run full screen?

Regards

Guest deadite66
Hi,

I am using a app called estrongs file Explorer to help stream media from a nas drive, however part of the programme I belive is behind the notification bar?

Is there any way to hide the bar temporarily or make the app run full screen?

Regards

it shouldn't be behind the NB, must be a bug.

Guest trebor63

Problem sorted, Was a bit of a noob with android issue. However can confirm ES wont steam anything I tried to launch either tried to transfer or wouldn't recognise the file type. Looking forward to so

me sort of fix.

Guest danielj58
I've just found an option to hide the NB in Launcher Pro. Now I just have to find how to get it back!

Long press the return key on the home screen and you get a soft key to bring up notifications.

I think it's a bit excessive on this size screen. Is is possible to make it thinner, so it does come down the screen as far?

Yes get root explorer and grant it root permishions go into system/ then look for build.prop open it with edit permishions and look for LCD density value and change it by 10-20 incriments lower eachtime untill your happy with the screen resoulotion dont forget to reboot the tablet when you save and exit from root explorer.

Guest TylerDurdenK
Yes get root explorer and grant it root permishions go into system/ then look for build.prop open it with edit permishions and look for LCD density value and change it by 10-20 incriments lower eachtime untill your happy with the screen resoulotion dont forget to reboot the tablet when you save and exit from root explorer.

I can't find the LCD Density Value anywhere in the build.prop file.

Guest lnux9898
I can't find the LCD Density Value anywhere in the build.prop file.

Download an app called LCD Density from the Market. It is quicker than changing the build.prop file.

Guest dagrim1
Download an app called LCD Density from the Market. It is quicker than changing the build.prop file.

Was thinking of trying that one, does it work properly with the vega?

Guest dagrim1
Do you really wanna change the density though or just have a thin notification bar?

P

Good point, but I remember from the Galaxy S that changing the density had some nice advantages... Things seemed sharper, more space, etc so I can see the merits for it.

Guest friedgoldmole
Good point, but I remember from the Galaxy S that changing the density had some nice advantages... Things seemed sharper, more space, etc so I can see the merits for it.

Problem from my experiments are that to get the notification bar to approach normal size you end up with tiny icons and lots of empty space.