Is there a ROM as close to stock Sense 2.1/2.2 with OC and tweaks?

Guest grcd

Hello everybody,

I just got a T-Mobile G2 / HTC Hero (I have the T-Mobile version), and it is right now running the stock UK T-Mobile 2.1 ROM which is actually pretty stable and fast (to my surprise).

However, I am looking to replace it with a generic WWE HTC one (instead of T-Mobile) that has these features if possible:

* OC allowed

* A2SD / A2SD+

* minor speed / stability tweaks

* Sense experience a must

* other improvements incl trackball for SMS notifications

Is there such a ROM out there? Basically I am asking for a minimally changed 2.1 ROM that is as close as possible to the stock experience, but with the added bonus of OC and A2SD/A2SD+ and any speed, memory or stability tweaks that users have discovered.

I insist on Sense, I really love it and I don't want to go to Vanilla.

Please help me out!

PS: Also, is there a RUU available of the stock T-Mobile ROM in case I ever want to return it to factory condition?

Here is what my phone was shipped with:

2.1-update1

63.18.55.06MU_6.35.13.09

2.6.29-5f74b252

3.31.11-.1 CL183682 release-keys

WebKit 3.1

Edited by grcd

Guest toxic-hero

you have plenty of 2.1 sense roms on xda. browse through and find yourself a favorite. there are no STABLE 2.2 sense hero rom at the moment but i think that will change in the near future. there is a heavy development of htc legend ports going on.

EDIT: modaco's r5 is also a pretty good 2.1 sense rom but i read some complains about A2SD / A2SD+ (which i haven't used when i was on r5) and it's also not able to OC.

Edited by toxic-hero

you have plenty of 2.1 sense roms on xda. browse through and find yourself a favorite. there are no STABLE 2.2 sense hero rom at the moment but i think that will change in the near future. there is a heavy development of htc legend ports going on.

EDIT: modaco's r5 is also a pretty good 2.1 sense rom but i read some complains about A2SD / A2SD+ (which i haven't used when i was on r5) and it's also not able to OC.

For OC ... u may flash flykernel11c : i think it works with alle 2.1 or 2.2 ROMS

For Sense 2.1 ROMS : VillainROM 12.0 is stable

A+

Jpq

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Viper780

i'm useing villainRom 12 right now (a little bit faster then the modaco version and was a few weeks earlyer) but i'm also looking for an Sense 2.2 Rom which is much faster (i've tried the froyedvillain but i want sense).

Is there a good list of sense roms or any preferences?

i'm useing villainRom 12 right now (a little bit faster then the modaco version and was a few weeks earlyer) but i'm also looking for an Sense 2.2 Rom which is much faster (i've tried the froyedvillain but i want sense).

Is there a good list of sense roms or any preferences?

At this time, there's no sense 2.2 ROM full working: at least, Camera don"'t work, may be BT

U can find one of them on Xda forum

Sengle 0.7.2

Either there are many non-sense 2.2 ROMS very fast and stable based on cyanogenmod 6.1, with OC A2SD et all wghat may be useful.

Im actually using Elelinux_Special_Edition_2.2.1_Final U can also find there very beautiful themes... , gingerbread keyboard, andialer :-)

If u like sense, u may use LauncherPro+ which has widgets looking like sense (Twinter, Facebook, Friendstream, bookmarke, messaging (sms)

u'll have to pay 2 or 3$ for launcher pro +

A+

Jpq