28 replies to this topic

three_pineapples

three_pineapples

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid, Nexus One
Just a thought, have you tried another USB cable?

From what you described, it sounds like something else, but it can't hurt to cover all bases!

Posted Image

paulsmith

paulsmith

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero , Advent Vega
For what its worth and this is going from memory last week so may not be correct

I think you maybe able to tell if you are in NVFlash/recovery mode by

1) Main Screen Backlight is off.
2) Near where the camera is at the top of the vega - there is a led light thats just visible under the surface if you hold the vega in a certain way.

I did the full offical 1.04 recovery in a dark room and noticed it.

trevor432990

trevor432990

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts
@amarko

Just a thought but have you checked if your Vega is still communicating with your router as it could be doing something in the background whilst not displaying anything. If you go to your router admin application and check for attached devices and see if it appears. Sure it won't help resolve your immediate problem but at least it might prove it is still alive if only in a coma right now.

Advent Vega running Vegacomb v3.2 Build 6

amarko5

amarko5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 and a Desire + vega
YEE HAA

we have life ;)

well i have messed around for 2 days now trying everything i could to get the vega back. i cannot catagorically say which of these did it but here goes.

formatted memory card and unzipped 1.04 exe file and copied all to mem card, tried several boots and nothing :-( pulled out power lead tried again . nothing, pulled out usb and again nothing pluged in power cable had usb in computer inserted usb into vega at same time pressing just the back button only and EUREKA bing bong usb connection, so quickly switched to 1.04 exe on pc and ran it. and i have a vega back from the dead.

do not ask me if this is repeatable as i have no intention of trying to brick it again. but maybe it will help someone else in the future.

as i have tried so many things and combinations this might not be the exact sequence but i am just about certain it was.

top and bottom though i have my vega back so don't need to visit currys just yet. :P :P

tonyyeb

tonyyeb

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, iPad
  • Twitter:@tonyyeb
Congrats bud! Welcome back to the land of working Veags!

Vega Battery For Sale: eBay
Vega Power Supply For Sale: eBay

debs626

debs626

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Devices:SanFran, iPad v1
  • Twitter:@Debs626

YEE HAA

we have life :P

well i have messed around for 2 days now trying everything i could to get the vega back. i cannot catagorically say which of these did it but here goes.

formatted memory card and unzipped 1.04 exe file and copied all to mem card, tried several boots and nothing :-( pulled out power lead tried again . nothing, pulled out usb and again nothing pluged in power cable had usb in computer inserted usb into vega at same time pressing just the back button only and EUREKA bing bong usb connection, so quickly switched to 1.04 exe on pc and ran it. and i have a vega back from the dead.

do not ask me if this is repeatable as i have no intention of trying to brick it again. but maybe it will help someone else in the future.

as i have tried so many things and combinations this might not be the exact sequence but i am just about certain it was.

top and bottom though i have my vega back so don't need to visit currys just yet. :P ;)

PHEW !! welcome back .......... we missed ya ;)

amarko5

amarko5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 and a Desire + vega

PHEW !! welcome back .......... we missed ya ;)

awe shucks !! :P

thanks for the WB's :P

vertico

vertico

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia S - ICS Rooted
  • Twitter:@vertico_max
my vega is bricked .. does any one has any instruction to revive it?

edit: I have found a way to get into the USB mode so that I can flash the official 1.04 exe:
1) hold "back" button
2) Press "power" button for 2 sec
3) let go power button then 2 sec let go "back"

there should be a blue light beneath the webcam. if you tilt the tablet, then you ll find it.
This allow usb connection to Windows PC. (no wonder my mac has no response what so ever)
then I quickly flash the 1.04 exe.
after reboot on tablet. and it s good as new.

advent really need to properly support Mac ... ;)

Edit2: oops .. should have read advent website properly... they have a full flash procedure in a pdf:
http://www.myadventv...nstructions.pdf

Edited by vertico, 04 December 2010 - 10:14 PM.

Drizz

Drizz

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

YEE HAA

we have life ;)

top and bottom though i have my vega back so don't need to visit currys just yet. :P :P

few, and there was just about to start the appeal fund for your replacement.

Good to know your back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users