As discussed in this topic, this is the topic where I am posting my repack of the Chinese V800 Froyo leak.
Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).
- Packaged for ClockworkMod (including 126.96.36.199)
- Rebuilt using the MoDaCo MCR optimisation scripts
- MCK (MoDaCo Custom Kernel) with Tun and CIFS modules, EXT4 support and more
- Full up to date Google experience+ additional apps
- Many updated parts
- Patched libraries to allow Google account setup via WiFi (YES... a fix for the 'invalid MAC address' problem)
- Removal of Chinese software bits
- Reverted icons to stock style where appropriate
- Tweaked to show full market
- Set to English by default
- Updated RIL and removed 'SecuritySMS'
- MoDaCo bootscreen, no bootsound
- UK English for Voice Dialler
- Renamed 'FMRadio' to 'FM Radio'
- Replaced ZTE clock apps with Google 'Desk Clock'
- Updated lockscreen and homescreen background
- Fixed 'emergence' typo on lockscreen
- Insecure boot image
- su / Superuser.apk root
- Support for running scripts from /etc/init.d at startup
- Terminfo support (for nano etc)
- /system/sd mountpoint for A2SD
- Spare parts included
- Enabled hardware acceleration + stagefright tweaking
- Changed browser homepage to Google
- Streaming video sound fix (thanks flibblesan)
- All languages enabled
- Added stock Android keyboard with word prediction
- Added HTC_IME (modified version for BLade)
- Network Location / Checkin Provider signature fixes
- Camera app with stock merges
- Exchange Email fix
- Updated APN list
- Removed 'no signal' notification from lockscreen
- Full online kitchen with additional options from the Chinese ROM
- Stock Launcher updated to launcher 'Dialer' instead of 'Contacts'
- Set default timezone to UK time
- Restored 'Videos' link
- Removed duplicate 'G' / '3G' icons in status bar
- Fixed Calendar sync to online calendars + removed 'Orange Bar'
- Added A2SD+ (also moves dalvik-cache to SD)
- Improved 'call reject SMS' wording
- MCR Reboot utility
- A bunch of other stuff that i've forgotten
- framework-res and core libraries are signed with the 'shared' certificate from the SDK, aiding those who wish to edit the framework-res to theme (or to alter the lockscreen). Simply extract, edit, resign with the shared certificate and push the file. Tidy.
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
r8 is a MANDATORY WIPE release. You must wipe your device (sorry)! If you are upgrading from r8 or later, no wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.
- r12 (default kitchen options without MoDaCo additions) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: cb1718841318a63775b020e6c544edfa
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Future Updates - READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.