[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest HELLienadO
As stated Many Many times before the processor in the phone is not powerful enough to run flash

I don't actually get the big deal about flash, I've never needed to run it,

the only thing I can't do on the phone which needs flash and would be nice is to play farmville (don't laugh)

but I have my computer to do that on anyway

I think it's nothing to due with the processor not being powerful enough, but instead the processor just doesn't support it, because it hasn't the instructions for it.

Guest Lord_Snake
The prebake r11 should be available soon, and also the kitchen r12

Nice to know that the R12 is on the way!! ;)

There is some expecting date? Instead of "Wednesday"...

By the way, congratulations by the awesome work! ;) The R11 is already a very good ROM.

Edited by Lord_Snake

Guest DarkCounter
Nice to know that the R12 is on the way!! :D

There is some expecting date? Instead of "Wednesday"...

By the way, congratulations by the awesome work! ;) The R11 is already a very good ROM.

Paul told me that r12 would be ready "hopefully this week". But he has of course many devices on which he is working. So what about next week wednesday? ;)

Guest flopyro

sorry for not reading 170pages, but i have a simple question:

if I want to download the "r11" rom, do i need to have a "Premium member" accound so that i can use the online kitchen,

or is there a link to download a "standard" rom ?

Thanks !

Guest theodore28

if I want to download the "r11" rom, do i need to have a "Premium member" accound so that i can use the online kitchen,

Thanks !

You do need a premium account.

Guest heardby
Hi Paul,

I assume you don't have time to check all topics on modaco, so I just want to give an heads-up about android sms bug, and how to fix it in froyo: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-fixed-sms-app/

Although I have to say... I've never experienced this bug ;)

Don't know if you were already looking at this, I don't mean to undervalue you or your work in any way, please take no harm with this post ;)

Cheers

Thanks for pointing that out, PeTiNgA. Seems to include a few additional options too :D

Guest leszekpap
just got ad free account and downloading r11

lucky guy...for me unfortunatelly paypal and google checkout does not want to accept credit card and I must use r 7 ;)

waiting for paul answer regarding other possibilities to buy ad free account.

Guest Junior Bear

how come my phone has never displayed the 'H' icon for hsdpa, or even the 3g+ !!!! :@

ive had my phone since it came out on orange, a friend of mine purchased one last week and he gets 'H'!!!!!!

Guest flopyro

i have one question regarding this rom, i have just received a MMS, and the pic in that MMS is so little you can barely see it !

is there a fix for this ? i want to see the pic in fullscreen, i don't want to save it, and after that see it in full screen !

or do i need a different sms client ?

post-149990-1296683506_thumb.jpg

Guest Todd_Davies

I just tried to install this ROM (r7), It was good until the modaco logo came up, and then it just went through a cycle of reboots.

This sounds like the problem you had Paul when you had your USB cable plugged in, I didn't, and when I did, I had the same result!

I'm currently using Paul's De-Oranged ROM and have a TFT screen.

I'm pretty sure I did the process of porting over the ROM correctly, I've done it successfully twice before, but I could have tripped up somwhere.

Thanks,

Todd

Guest Rower85

Thanks !

Ive always downloaded the roms without "premium" before, and i think you could download them without the subscription aswell.. but then you will not get the option to choose what to install with the rom.. =)

Awesome comment aswell ;)

Guest JonnyDixon

when i go to choose rom i get 3 difffrent options all for this rom, Am i meant to un rar is before or just put it on my sd card as i download it.

Guest flopyro
when i go to choose rom i get 3 difffrent options all for this rom, Am i meant to un rar is before or just put it on my sd card as i download it.

what you will download is a "ZIP" file, just copy the downloaded file (*.zip) to your phone, boot it up in ClockworkMod Recovery, after that, flash it on your phone ! (you can do a backup before you flash it, i did it)

Do you guys get horizontal and vertical lines in youtube and camera after awhile? I was getting this with R11 and now I'm back with R10 and I'm still getting this. Clearing the Dalvik cache in CWM removes the lines but this doesn't seem normal.

Thanks.

build prop in R10 and R11 have a vm heapsize of 32m

Edited by lixcab

Guest tyrol_gangster

Apologies for I know this was reported before, but did not really find a solution. I am unable to download an MMS (picture), the notification says size is 29KB. Strangely enough, when I requested a test MMS to be sent by my service provider (Vodafone CZ) later, it has arrived and downloaded just fine. Is it normal that when I go into APN settings the MMS record does not have the green selector button and can't be deleted/edited either? I believe this was different with the 2.1 ROM and also with that I know I had received an MMS from the same sender w/o problems :-(

Guest targetbsp

With the UK O2 provider this is was caused by them not recognising the phone. The solution was to use a version of the SMS app that lets you lie about what phone you have. See here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-fixed-sms-app/

Whether this will help in your case or not I don't know. But in any case, I'd think it's worth having just for the recipient bug fix!

Guest p4ullus
Does r11 still have the stagefright problem? I seem to be able to play youtube videos OK but any videos stored on my SD card (mp4 and flv) play with a green/purple bar of varying thickness along the top section and colours can be distorted?

Cheers

Just modded my blade yesterday to r11 and I have exactly the same problem when playing videos using the hardware decoder.

mp4s on the sdcard have a green or purple strip across the video and also a distorted colour distribution. I have the ARMV6_VFP 1.6.3 Rockplayer and when I play the video through the software decoder the bar/strip is gone but of course this doesn't play as fast as when I use the hardware decoder.

Is this particular to MoDaCo Custom Froyo? Do the other roms have this problem?

Thanks.