• Please log in to reply
3929 replies to this topic

tsddave

tsddave

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Android, Cycling, Bodybuilding and general computing.
  • Devices:Blade + Nook Colour + HD2

Hi Paul..I've been using your rom for 3 weeks.. and now i got a boot loop.I've wiped cache,data.. no effect. Can you help?

Hahah, I think this was asked for :)

Personally I think its wrong the expectations that have been put on developers posting their hard work here.
Just because someone kindly shares a rom that doesn't mean they also want to give full support also. Surely the developers role here is what they decide they would like to give for example to see the feedback they get on actual faults and "if they wish to" fix them.
Lets face it 99% of the issues people post about can be advised by members of the community and are nothing to do with a fault in the actual rom itself. Surely this is what an open forum is about.
Even so called professional companies have open forums like this one where members of the community can assist each other.
Obviously I agree that a forum should also be friendly, after all otherwise it is no longer a pleasure.
I feel that things that spoil the forum for the developers should also be looked at.
Constantly begging the developer for support, the asking of questions that have been asked many many times being just two things.

Anyone who comes to this forum to share his or her work should be treated with respect by its members and the forum moderators themselves.
I feel that in wbaws case alot of the annoyances he experienced should of been addressed by the moderators here way before it snowballed and got to the stage where he was very fed up.
This case is hardly a shining advert inspiring future developers to share.

I for one really enjoy the existence of this forum and support it by paying a yearly fee.I really hope it doesn't get further spoilt by examples like this in the future.

wbaw

wbaw

account closed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
The thing is, Paul hasn't given any support at all for this rom for well over 6 months, it was patchy before he started totally ignoring this thread. I answered every question asked to me about my rom in under 24hours, except one question that wasn't about my rom at all, his battery had fallen out. I was somehow supposed to guess. Because of that I get forum admins telling lies about how I wont support my rom, insulting me more & closing my threads.

So they're nothing but hypocrites.

I paid £30 for a year too, I've just had a few months before I was forced out.

Edited by wbaw, 08 October 2011 - 05:07 PM.

tsddave

tsddave

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

The thing is, Paul hasn't given any support at all for this rom for well over 6 months, it was patchy before he started totally ignoring this thread. I answered every question asked to me about my rom in under 24hours, except one question that wasn't about my rom at all, his battery had fallen out. I was somehow supposed to guess. Because of that I get forum admins telling lies about how I wont support my rom, insulting me more & closing my threads.

So they're nothing but hypocrites.

I paid £30 for a year too, I've just had a few months before I was forced out.

Your not wrong wbaw and anyone who looked at this thread (and yours of course ) would see it also.
Im sorry to hear that you got forced out, lets face it nobody made a better rom for the blade than you and I think thats part of the issue you had. Your rom brought in alot of users and naturally the more people using it means more chance for users needing to be wet nursed.In truth the forum should of been more supportive of you in dealing with abusive people and making it clear to users that they should not hassle developers for answers privately or within the forum.

Kraal

Kraal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Heya!

Please take this the right way, this is nothing against the brilliant work you guys do :D

I've had this mod on my Blade for a while now (could tell you exactly how long but can't be arsed to look on my orange account) but i've been having some problems with my phone and want to take it back to store. I think however, they'll moan when they see I've put a custom ROM on it so my question is this:

How do I take this mod off?

is it as simple as taking it back to factory settings with something like this?

Thanks in advance

tsddave

tsddave

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Heya!

Please take this the right way, this is nothing against the brilliant work you guys do :D

I've had this mod on my Blade for a while now (could tell you exactly how long but can't be arsed to look on my orange account) but i've been having some problems with my phone and want to take it back to store. I think however, they'll moan when they see I've put a custom ROM on it so my question is this:

How do I take this mod off?

is it as simple as taking it back to factory settings with something like this?

Thanks in advance

Yes! :)

jaziel98

jaziel98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:zte blade(v880)
help me please, I haveagen2zteblade,and whenI install therom r12andIget thephonescreenandandroidwithredbuttonbackon andnever leaves.I'm looking foraromto runthe gamesheroofsparta,asphalt5,dungeondefendersand betweenother gamesI've seenheavierrunning onyoutube.

De@n

De@n

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S & Blade
You shouldn't be flashing this on a gen 2 blade.

unmesh.ghodke

unmesh.ghodke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Devices:Dell xcd35
is it gen2 rom...
i have dell xcd35 europ 2.2 GEN2 stock will run on my device??

fileek

fileek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Why would you use 3 years old rom? You better go with CM7 when you don't want Android 4.x

unmesh.ghodke

unmesh.ghodke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Devices:Dell xcd35

Why would you use 3 years old rom? You better go with CM7 when you don't want Android 4.x

Ok thanks i just flash cm 7.2, 4.x roms runs on my device bit slowly..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users