Photo

[ROM][eclair][OLED+TFT] Customised BladeVillain 1.1.0 RLS4 (13/Dec)

* * * * - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

_hifi_

_hifi_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Monte Carlo, Hudl, Moto G
Just installed RLS3 after problems with MoDaCo's R4 and A2SD - now it's OK.
Picture Folder still has a FC, removed and installed from market.

First impressions are very good

10x to Freekers & Kendon

VRocky

VRocky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Just installed this on my unlocked blade. Everything went fine but after the first boot now it is asking "SIM network unlock PIN".
I'm not using orange sf but finnish saunalahti version.
So dunno what to do now. Maybe I'll try recovery.

Winston69

Winston69

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade - San Francisco
Just get an unlock code from here and unlock it ;)

http://www.nextgense...com/calculator/

cool400

cool400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
:-(

Bad news - when trying to install your ROM from ClockworkMod Recovery I got this error:

E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 63:
write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:
Installation aborted.

Before I tried to flash your ROM I wiped everything with CMR!

I'm using the "normal" OLED-SF from Orange UK.

Any hints?

Regards

Mischa

Afrodude

Afrodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
You need to use the older version of clockwork.

speedhorse

speedhorse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
How can i delete bladevillain boot logo? Red droid. There is a logo.bmp in root folder but nothing changed if i delete it.

cool400

cool400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

You need to use the older version of clockwork.

I used the 2.5.1.3 - do I really have to install an older version (which might have bugs)? ;)

xzyk

xzyk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:mobiles, Winmo, Android
  • Devices:various

How can i delete bladevillain boot logo? Red droid. There is a logo.bmp in root folder but nothing changed if i delete it.

+1...been looking everywhere for this. Tried framework-res, also tried placing a bootanimation.zip and replacing splash.img. Where is this little red devil ? Did you put this somewhere in the boot.img ?

Edited by xzyk, 08 December 2010 - 02:13 AM.

May your jouney be uneventful !
Nexus 4......SlimMako-4.3
ZTE Blade Blade Mix V2.2.
Advent VEGA VegaComb 3.2 9n.
SGS2 -Insanity JB 0.83
Asus FonePad...stock
Huawei Y300 Stock (B186) with CWM recovery.
Arnova 7G3 -stock.
Alcatel OT-983....stock

gambieter

gambieter

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3, Gallant Duo, Desire

I used the 2.5.1.3 - do I really have to install an older version (which might have bugs)? ;)

You don't understand software numbering? Newer versions are often more likely to have bugs, in this case as well. I won't upgrade soon, 2.5.0.9 works very well and reliable.

gambieter

gambieter

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I have installed this ROM (thanks, kendon and Freekers), and compared it to the Finnish Fillyjonk (after removing some software to avoid them being installed on /system). After fully loading all the apps I have at the moment, I notice that BladeVillain actually gives me ~5MB less RAM, so slightly less efficient than Finnish Fillyjonk?

Both feel equally responsive, not much difference in user experience. Interestingly, the Finnish Fillyjonk is without HW UI, so must be a good kernel (the custom kernel from kallt_kaffe).

cool400

cool400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

You don't understand software numbering? Newer versions are often more likely to have bugs, in this case as well. I won't upgrade soon, 2.5.0.9 works very well and reliable.

Okay - now I've flashed the 2.5.0.9 CRM.

What I don't understand: do I only flash the BladeVillain-ROM (or any other new ROM) or will I have to flash the Superboot ROM everytime again I use a new ROM?
And what about the Apps2SD-app from DarkTremor (I know it's included in this ROM)? Will I also have to flash this ROM everytime or only once?

Best regards

cool400 ;)

_hifi_

_hifi_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Monte Carlo, Hudl, Moto G
Stick with 2.5.0.9
I had the same problem with 2.5.1.3.

A2SD: before flashing with this ROM I created 2 partitions - fat & ext, then flashed. A2SD works out of the box without any other tricks ;)

kendon

kendon

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero, ZTE Blade
nice work with the rom freekers. good to see someone carried it on.

apps2sd works, and unless freekers has changed it is not darktremors implementation. it's the clean, nice and small script that someone wrote when he invented apps2sd, iirc it was cyanogen.

the bootlogo is logo.bmp in boot.img, you have to rebuild it if you want to change the image.

gambieter

gambieter

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

apps2sd works, and unless freekers has changed it is not darktremors implementation. it's the clean, nice and small script that someone wrote when he invented apps2sd, iirc it was cyanogen.

the bootlogo is logo.bmp in boot.img, you have to rebuild it if you want to change the image.

Apps2SD still works fine in Freekers customisation. I don't think he has touched those things that worked so well ;)

Ash_P

Ash_P

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Okay - now I've flashed the 2.5.0.9 CRM.

What I don't understand: do I only flash the BladeVillain-ROM (or any other new ROM) or will I have to flash the Superboot ROM everytime again I use a new ROM?
And what about the Apps2SD-app from DarkTremor (I know it's included in this ROM)? Will I also have to flash this ROM everytime or only once?

Best regards

cool400 ;)

You don't ever need to use the Superboot ROM (Even if you do, installing the ROM via Clockwork will overwrite the boot partition).

Ash_P

Ash_P

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
Thanks Freekers. If you do release another version I'd suggest looking at removing QcNvTest.apk and ChiperTest.apk. Neither are standard Android apps and don't appear to add anything useful.

Edited by Ash_P, 08 December 2010 - 12:44 PM.

cool400

cool400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
@all

Using CRM 2.5.0.9 everything works now, thanks for the tip!

But PictureFolder still crashes until I un- and reinstalled it from the market.

Also I've got a problem with Beautiful Widgets skins which seems to be broken after the A2SD-implementation! I'm not able anymore to choose other skins than the standard ones.

Apart from this, the BV ROM is really a good piece of work - thanks alot Freekers ;)

Regards

cool400 :P

Freekers

Freekers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Just installed RLS3 after problems with MoDaCo's R4 and A2SD - now it's OK.
Picture Folder still has a FC, removed and installed from market.

First impressions are very good

10x to Freekers & Kendon

Thanks for the feedback !
The FC PictureFolder is really annoying me... I don't have a clue why it FC's if you have it installed automatically when you flash the ROM but works fine if you redownload it from the Market. I'm going to contact the dev of PictureFolder for some more info

+1...been looking everywhere for this. Tried framework-res, also tried placing a bootanimation.zip and replacing splash.img. Where is this little red devil ? Did you put this somewhere in the boot.img ?

Here's you answer:

I have installed this ROM (thanks, kendon and Freekers), and compared it to the Finnish Fillyjonk (after removing some software to avoid them being installed on /system). After fully loading all the apps I have at the moment, I notice that BladeVillain actually gives me ~5MB less RAM, so slightly less efficient than Finnish Fillyjonk?

Both feel equally responsive, not much difference in user experience. Interestingly, the Finnish Fillyjonk is without HW UI, so must be a good kernel (the custom kernel from kallt_kaffe).

Thanks for the feedback ! Are you running the FAT or LITE one ?

Apps2SD still works fine in Freekers customisation. I don't think he has touched those things that worked so well ;)

I indeed did not touch A2SD at all, since it was working properly :P

Thanks Freekers. If you do release another version I'd suggest looking at removing QcNvTest.apk and ChiperTest.apk. Neither are standard Android apps and don't appear to add anything useful.

Thanks ! I will look into this !

But PictureFolder still crashes until I un- and reinstalled it from the market.

Also I've got a problem with Beautiful Widgets skins which seems to be broken after the A2SD-implementation! I'm not able anymore to choose other skins than the standard ones.

Apart from this, the BV ROM is really a good piece of work - thanks alot Freekers :P

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah PictureFolder is really bugging me, going to contact the developer of it.

Try reinstalling Beautiful Widgets (uninstall and then reinstall from the market).

ZTE Blade - UK Version - OLED Screen
GEN1 - Cyanogenmod 7.0.0 Stable

gambieter

gambieter

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Thanks for the feedback ! Are you running the FAT or LITE one ?

The FAT one ;) . I also get an FC from Autokiller at the first boot after flashing, but not afterwards. Also one FC from the market after signing in, but only once and then it works fine.

SpeRator

SpeRator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (OSF)
@Freekers
Thanks for the rom.
Could you upload some screenshots of the gui please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users