Photo

[ROM][eclair][OLED+TFT] Customised BladeVillain 1.1.0 RLS4 (13/Dec)

* * * * - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Eris Ed

Eris Ed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, San Francisco
  • Twitter:@TonyP_UK
I've been using this ROM for just over a week now, works well and liking it a lot! Got a couple of questions about minor issues that may be ROM related.

1. On my Desire, I can add folders to the SD card containing images, such as icon sets, dock backgrounds, etc. and after rebooting the Gallery app recognises the folders and makes them available to apps such as LauncherPro. The image folders are recognised by the replacement gallery app (called QuickPic on my San Fran), but trying to change the dock background by selecting the 'Custom' option in LauncherPro (Menu > Preferences > Appearance > Dock background > Custom) brings up a message saying that there are "No image files on the phone". The images are there and I can view them in QuickPic, but LauncherPro can't see them. Feels like QuickPic doesn't integrate with the system in the same way that the Gallery does. Is there anything I could try to get images recognised by LauncherPro, like putting them in an existing folder/sunfolder or renaming the folders I added to the SD card?

2. I set up the stock email client for my work Exchange ActiveSync account, and it works well. Contacts and push email have no problems, but there doesn't appear to be any option to sync calender entries. I had Contacts, Email and Calender sync on my Desire running Android 2.1 and the OTA 2.2 from Orange. Not sure why the email client in this ROM won't allow calender sync...

Any suggestions very much appreciated :(

HTC Desire Black | ROM: Android 2.2 LeeDrOiD 2.3b A2SD+
Orange San Francisco | ROM: Customised BladeVillain 1.1.0 RLS4

veehexx

veehexx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:SanFran

I've been using this ROM for just over a week now, works well and liking it a lot! Got a couple of questions about minor issues that may be ROM related.

1. On my Desire, I can add folders to the SD card containing images, such as icon sets, dock backgrounds, etc. and after rebooting the Gallery app recognises the folders and makes them available to apps such as LauncherPro. The image folders are recognised by the replacement gallery app (called QuickPic on my San Fran), but trying to change the dock background by selecting the 'Custom' option in LauncherPro (Menu > Preferences > Appearance > Dock background > Custom) brings up a message saying that there are "No image files on the phone". The images are there and I can view them in QuickPic, but LauncherPro can't see them. Feels like QuickPic doesn't integrate with the system in the same way that the Gallery does. Is there anything I could try to get images recognised by LauncherPro, like putting them in an existing folder/sunfolder or renaming the folders I added to the SD card?

2. I set up the stock email client for my work Exchange ActiveSync account, and it works well. Contacts and push email have no problems, but there doesn't appear to be any option to sync calender entries. I had Contacts, Email and Calender sync on my Desire running Android 2.1 and the OTA 2.2 from Orange. Not sure why the email client in this ROM won't allow calender sync...

Any suggestions very much appreciated :(

same issue with #1. looking into an alternative now (im thinking copying gallery.apk from another rom will work!)
edit: see attached link. this is taken from the stock OrangeUK rom (OUK_P729BV1.0.0B05). tested it and it works fine! - YOU WILL NEED TO EXTRACT THIS. it's not a clockwork .zip - just a regular zip ;) there should be a .apk inside.

2 - limitation of non HTC/droid2.2. there is no native calendar sync in 2.1. htc got around it with 'htc sync'.
since i use exchange for work, i have google calendar sync on my work pc, that syncs my exchange to gcalender. phone then syncs to that via the gmail sync on the phone. google calendar sync will sync to the first calendar in your gcalender, so if you want to keep it seperate, then ensure the first calendar is the one you want to use.
it appears the way i did it, was the rename the existing calendar in gcalendar, and create a second calendar called 'personal'. looks like google has some flag set that sets the default calendar to always be 1st.

Attached Files

Edited by veehexx, 29 December 2010 - 11:55 AM.

Current Handset: Orange San Francisco
Old Handset: HTC Touch HD

Blues003

Blues003

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
I found an issue with this ROM. On my ZTE Blade (Optimus San Francisco, 3,2 MP + LCD), Handcent SMS has a little bug. When I press and hold on the text box, a menu appears as expected. However, the letters on that menu are not visible, because they are the same color as the background of said letters (black). Only by pressing and holding can I make hte background orange, thus allowing me to read the options.

Ash_P

Ash_P

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

I found an issue with this ROM. On my ZTE Blade (Optimus San Francisco, 3,2 MP + LCD), Handcent SMS has a little bug. When I press and hold on the text box, a menu appears as expected. However, the letters on that menu are not visible, because they are the same color as the background of said letters (black). Only by pressing and holding can I make hte background orange, thus allowing me to read the options.

What's the issue with the ROM exactly? You need to change the theme to black (or vice-a-versa) in Handcent - use the search it's been discussed before.

gambieter

gambieter

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3, Gallant Duo, Desire
Freek, I just installed this ROM on a new phone, and when starting Launcher Pro it warns that that copy expires in three days (i.e. 6th of January). Maybe you can update LP?

Also, I personally don't like Autokiller and Watchdog, so I prefer them as options :unsure:

mouseman99

mouseman99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

Freek, I just installed this ROM on a new phone, and when starting Launcher Pro it warns that that copy expires in three days (i.e. 6th of January). Maybe you can update LP?

Also, I personally don't like Autokiller and Watchdog, so I prefer them as options :unsure:

I have installed this ROM and changed the various settings at the start of the thread. I'm having some issues with Watchdog though. There are some apps that are constantly flagged by watchdog as being over the threshold for CPU usage. These are winamp and a weather widget (this one is constantly being flagged, mostly through the night. It seems strange that this consumes so much of the CPU). I'm guessing that these affect battery life as my battery goes down sometimes 20% through the night.

Is the threshold to low or should these apps be consuming so much CPU time or should I be disabling the Watchdog program? Any advice please?

dRaCID01

dRaCID01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One / ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@dracid01
does this ROM work with a "BASE Lutea" (Germany) / 5MP Camera ??

nice ROM...good work..

keloid

keloid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

fyi you can download the latest version of launderpro from the launderpro website

departing

departing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I just recently downloaded this for my new san Fransisco, I installed it and its still on the initial installation after about 25minutes. Has something gone wrong?

EDIT: It finished flashing the ANDROID screen turned black and stopped working.

EDIT 2: I wiped it and rebooted it and it's installing BladeVillain again.

EDIT 3: It's loaded up and its askign for a SIM network unlock pin o.o

EDIT 4: Found out what a SIM network unlock pin is, but I dont want to change from orange. Is there anyway to get past this?

EDIT 5: Got past it, but with whatever SIM card I use, i'm getting the message no service. Whats up?

Edited by departing, 20 January 2011 - 03:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users