Tips to improve performance

Guest DougEdey

Guest DougEdey

So after having spent a bit of time playing with this last night, I want to spend more time doing stuff though.

With Froyo the CPU is limited to 800MHz, getting around 10.5 MFLOPS on Linpack (I refuse to use quadrant)

-z4root gives you temp root that'll let you use setCPU to crank it up to 1GHz and showing an improvement up to just shy of 13MFLOPS

I have played with using setprop to change the execution-mode to int:jit and int:perf and I cannot see any change in performance, this says to me that either the change isn't being picked up or there is no JIT available (I need to play more)

Guest Carbonize

Some on ArchosFans think that now Archos has released their Froyo build they will start to fix some of the bugs and that the 800Mhz CPU speed is a relic from the beta testing they forgot to remove. So possibly an update in a week or two.

Guest tdouble
Some on ArchosFans think that now Archos has released their Froyo build they will start to fix some of the bugs and that the 800Mhz CPU speed is a relic from the beta testing they forgot to remove. So possibly an update in a week or two.

I believe this will happen soon, there have been like 4 updates prior to the 1.0.84 firmware release in like a month so it looks promising. Have also tested SetCPU turning the cpu up to 1000Mhz the performance difference is very noticable.

By the way the FroYo source code for Gen8 is available Click here to download so any of you who are adventurous enough to see what you can do.

Guest DougEdey

Yeah, I have kinda decided to ignore 99% of Archos Fans posts, there's some people that don't understand how to use Forums. I say "some" to be polite.

Guest DougEdey
What has their not knowing how to use a forum got to do with them not knowing what they are talking about?

Because when one has to wade from piles of s***, the tiny segment of Gold loses its value

• 1 month later...
Guest Kashban
Because when one has to wade from piles of s***, the tiny segment of Gold loses its value

That's the beauty of modern times: Use the search function and everything is fine :unsure:

It's not like you have to read it all to find the important parts...