N700 when connect to PC - Not showing

Guest stevemcf

Hi,

I read that the N700 will show up as a drive when I connect it to the computer. Mine doesn't (Win7).

Have I misread?

At the moment I am hotswapping (unmount) the SD and its a bit of a pain in the arse really.

Thanks,

Steve

Guest stevemcf
Hi,

I read that the N700 will show up as a drive when I connect it to the computer. Mine doesn't (Win7).

Have I misread?

At the moment I am hotswapping (unmount) the SD and its a bit of a pain in the arse really.

Thanks,

Steve

Anyone able to tell me if this is normal?

Cheers,

Steve

Guest fester61
Anyone able to tell me if this is normal?

Cheers,

Steve

Steve,

Connect your N700 to the PC, a screen with the Android logo and with the messages USB connected should appear. Touch the buttton in the bottom right part of the screen that says turn on USB storage. The N700 will then be mounted as a removable drive on your PC.

Alternatively if you bypassed that screen drag down the notification bar along the top of the screen and select the USB connected notification which will take you back to the screen mentioned above. Once connected the Android Logo turns red and the button changes to say 'Turn off USB storage'

If you do not see the USB symbol in the top left corner of the screen then you are not connected to the PC.

You have of course loaded the drivers? (the N700 mounts what the PC believes to be a CD-rom with the setup files when you plug the USB in)

Don't forget when the SD card is mounted to the PC i.e. you have followed the instructions above, it cannot be used by the N700 until you dismount the N700 from W7 or turn off USB storage on the N700.

Of course if none of the above happens you may have a faulty N700, cable, USB port or W7 has thrown a wobbly.

Guest steviesteve
Steve,

Connect your N700 to the PC, a screen with the Android logo and with the messages USB connected should appear. Touch the buttton in the bottom right part of the screen that says turn on USB storage. The N700 will then be mounted as a removable drive on your PC.

Alternatively if you bypassed that screen drag down the notification bar along the top of the screen and select the USB connected notification which will take you back to the screen mentioned above. Once connected the Android Logo turns red and the button changes to say 'Turn off USB storage'

If you do not see the USB symbol in the top left corner of the screen then you are not connected to the PC.

You have of course loaded the drivers? (the N700 mounts what the PC believes to be a CD-rom with the setup files when you plug the USB in)

Don't forget when the SD card is mounted to the PC i.e. you have followed the instructions above, it cannot be used by the N700 until you dismount the N700 from W7 or turn off USB storage on the N700.

Of course if none of the above happens you may have a faulty N700, cable, USB port or W7 has thrown a wobbly.

I have to enable USB debugging before mine shows in ADB. Settings/applications menu.