vega with wiimote and emu's

Guest celyn

ordered my vega yesterday was wondering how the emulators such as snesoid, psx4droid etc run? also does wiimote work with the bluetooth on it? as i have a samsung galaxy and it doesnt.

I was just wondering, does psx4droid work well on the Vega? I love it on my desire! It would be awesome to have it on a full 10 inch screen!

i tried it and it didnt work, well the app opens but i couldnt load a game, then again is was an old version i was trying.

Guest warriorscot

psx4droid works well, you need to change the compatibility setting on spare parts and I reccomend a basic x2 mode for video on psx4droid.

Games that look good on the smaller screen don't look phenomenal on the bigger screen but they are ps1 games and look pretty crap anyway.

Guest HugoQueiriga
I was just wondering, does psx4droid work well on the Vega? I love it on my desire! It would be awesome to have it on a full 10 inch screen!

Works great been playing gran turismo on it. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea of what you guys are talking about but i have not a clue on how and what i need inorder to play these games and how does the wiimote come into this.

What iam really looking for is a simple if possible guide on what i need and how i do this.

Thanks

I love the idea of what you guys are talking about but i have not a clue on how and what i need inorder to play these games and how does the wiimote come into this.

What iam really looking for is a simple if possible guide on what i need and how i do this.

Thanks

you can download emulators from the market, such as gameboid for gba, snesoid for supernintendo, gensoid for sega etc and theres a pretty good playstation one. then you can donwload the games from the internet pop them on your sd card and play them through these, full screen and work well!.

wiimote is a free app which allows the vega to connect to a wii controller through bluetooth so you can play these and many other games using it. great stuff.

Guest Bobbler

Any alternative controllers that would work with these that people can recommend?

The problem I have with the Wiimote is that it wouldn't have the buttons (or placements correct) for the Snes or PSX emulation. This is really opening my eyes to the Vega and similar.

you can download emulators from the market, such as gameboid for gba, snesoid for supernintendo, gensoid for sega etc and theres a pretty good playstation one. then you can donwload the games from the internet pop them on your sd card and play them through these, full screen and work well!.

wiimote is a free app which allows the vega to connect to a wii controller through bluetooth so you can play these and many other games using it. great stuff.

I find most of the emus on the Vega to be pretty jerky tbh ... not tried them on a TV though. I am quite partial tobthe Atari 2600 one ... although I physically own practically every console made in the last 30 years so its a bit redundant.

Guest warriorscot
I find most of the emus on the Vega to be pretty jerky tbh ... not tried them on a TV though. I am quite partial tobthe Atari 2600 one ... although I physically own practically every console made in the last 30 years so its a bit redundant

Have you tried the latest PSX4Droid its pretty smooth I am just waiting for them to allow custom button locations as on the vega even those of us with huge hands can't reach all the buttons.

I have a lot of consoles myself or have at one point but most of them are broken from wear and tear or are a nightmare to get going. But there is something to be said for having them right at your fingertips.

To be honest I really want something that will let me play some of my old PC games like Blood or X-wing collectors edition or even some of the old star trek titles.

Any alternative controllers that would work with these that people can recommend?

The problem I have with the Wiimote is that it wouldn't have the buttons (or placements correct) for the Snes or PSX emulation. This is really opening my eyes to the Vega and similar.

you can get the classic controller for the wii which gives you much better options, but havnt seen a better one compatible.

Thanks, you make that sound quite simple so i am off to give that ago.

Guest Bobbler
you can get the classic controller for the wii which gives you much better options, but havnt seen a better one compatible.

Nice, forgot about those and only five or six quid as I already have a Wii in the house :)

I think I am sold on the Vega or it's siblings, I love the idea of playing proper games as opposed to the casual stuff on the Vega as I can do that on my phone.

Right need a little more help please guys.

I have downloaded Snesiod and wiimote and installed them. Ive have then downloaded a snes rom and transfered it to the sd card but when i launch snesiod it can not see the rom. I am assuming the rom as the wrong file extention or something.

Right need a little more help please guys.

I have downloaded Snesiod and wiimote and installed them. Ive have then downloaded a snes rom and transfered it to the sd card but when i launch snesiod it can not see the rom. I am assuming the rom as the wrong file extention or something.

the roms ive got are .smc but can leave them in the rar/zip files they are in. should just be a case of locating them on the sd card.

the roms ive got are .smc but can leave them in the rar/zip files they are in. should just be a case of locating them on the sd card.

I think that must be the problem. Out of interest where do you get your roms from?

Guest nicholson101
psx4droid works well, you need to change the compatibility setting on spare parts and I reccomend a basic x2 mode for video on psx4droid.

Games that look good on the smaller screen don't look phenomenal on the bigger screen but they are ps1 games and look pretty crap anyway.

Been trying to run PSX4Droid in full screen or at least in 4:3 fullscreen. Were you able to do this in the end? I have it working perfectly well just not in FS. I tried your recommended settings with no joy :)

Guest warriorscot

Its always worked pretty well, either on scaled or x2 it works fine and looks good depending on the game. Have you tried the latest version they did a complete redesign and released it as V2.0 so I think the latest is PSX4Droid2.0 v1.02. It even works with a wiimote although obviously has fewer buttons latest thing I am searching for is to get a ps3 controller to work on it.