New official firmware from samsung: I8000NXJJ1

Guest Speedfrog

Guest bobhero
What I am referring to is the software blending of colour bands.

Because the 65K colour limitation on the WM 6.5.x, colour bands are very obvious in high quality images.

JC1 had some built in colour blending software that tries to smooth the colour transition and emulate the results of a 16M colour display

Interesting. was there a discussion on this topic here?

I have made a couple threads about the colour banding issue but I was not aware that JC1 had a fix for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Du5aN
Could anybody post screen of Backlight time and Screen of time?

Is there Always turn on choice like on the picture of B7610?

i8000.jpg

Noup, om my O2 there is no "Always turn on" choice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest sambosat

Sorry if this sounds a dumb question My current version is the following

PDA I8000NXXJD1

CSC I8000EURJD4

Phone I8000XXJD1

I need to upgrade to the latest firmware what should I upgrade is it the PDA, CSC or the phone. and whats with the MST file. What needs to be upgraded and if I need to update all am I going to lose everything on the phone or just an upgrade.

THanks in advance for the help

Guest Speedfrog

You will lose your data, but you can use PIM backup or my phone to backup your personal data. The rest will be deleted (programs and such)

The MST file is the firmware (PDA). just update all the files.

But if you want another language than english use the JI1 csc file. just seach for JI1 if you want it.

Guest sambosat
You will lose your data, but you can use PIM backup or my phone to backup your personal data. The rest will be deleted (programs and such)

The MST file is the firmware (PDA). just update all the files.

But if you want another language than english use the JI1 csc file. just seach for JI1 if you want it.

Thanks for the quick response and no I do not need any other language

Guest sambosat

I have updated my phone and it is faster but I have a problem with the GPS. It keeps saying waiting for valid signal using Sygic 10 and com 7 baudrate 4800

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Murshad

There are two version of PDA

1 I8000NXXJJ1_I8000PROJJ1.rar

2 PDA_I8000NXXJJ1_HW_40.rar

Which one to use? I need English US or Uk as Primary (but support for Urdu and Arabic Optional). Can I add Urdu or Arabic fonts or Launguage install later somehow?

The Second thing is that the CSC part is also I8000PROJJ1. Its PRO. Something related to a carrier Proximus in Belgium. From where I can get a I8000XXJJ1 CSC file.

Guest Murshad
the first one is the csc file and second is the PDA file.

use the JI1 csc file this one is NXX (multilanguage)

Dear Speed frog,

They both are PDA files..

I have Samsung Omnia II I-8000 for Pakistan. I have updated it from the service centre from 6.1 to 6.5 but I am not satisfied from it.

Can u please tell me the right updated bug free versions? All Parts of ROM, CSC and Phone which can be updated and from where? I need Samsung Widget plus and Samsung hhome screen Must. Please tell me the best and how can I flash it please..

My email add is

[email protected]

Its Now have

Device Version is...........

PDA I8000JVJA1

CSC I8000ARBJA2 (CrescendoFire asking me to leave CSC as it is? you are saying that I should get a JI1 version. mow what to do?)

PHONE I8000XXJA1

Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional

CE OS 5.2.21883 (Build 21883.5.0.73)

I am very thankful to you...

So m now Flashing

I8000NXXJJ1_I8000PROJJ1.rar thats PDA Part

Eboot_I8000NXXJJ1_HW_40 Thats Eboot Part

Phone_I8000XXJJ1 thats Phone Part

and CSC Remains the same as mt previous

I8000ARBJA2... So theres no Update for CSC parts. I Live in Pakistan. and Here Phone comes from UAE mostly but Singapore also.

Previously I have a Pakistani CSC now Its the UAE region one. M leaving it as it is on CrescendoFire instructions? as there is no update or can i go for JI1 if there is some inprovement in hardware drivers software updates?

Owais Sharif

Guest Speedfrog

In the first post there are no files that are named "I8000NXXJJ1_I8000PROJJ1.rar".

Just flash with JJ1 phone, JJ1 Eboot and JI1 CSC (you dont need it, but i use ut) and JJ1 PDA

btw: there are no official roms that are bug free, for that you have to use a lite rom, just check the rom section for that.

Guest Murshad
In the first post there are no files that are named "I8000NXXJJ1_I8000PROJJ1.rar".

Just flash with JJ1 phone, JJ1 Eboot and JI1 CSC (you dont need it, but i use ut) and JJ1 PDA

btw: there are no official roms that are bug free, for that you have to use a lite rom, just check the rom section for that.

I have downloaded it somewhere else as CrescendoFire said. coz I dont want customized rom. I need Samsung wiget olus + home screen..

What does CSC do? What files it contains? can I update CSC Later. Coz CrescendoFire asking me that CSC on have customization settings. and he didnt update CSC. and also ak me to Do that. M a newbee Flashing 1st time so m got a confused between both of you experinced persons..

My Flashing

I8000NXXJJ1_I8000PROJJ1.rar thats PDA Part (I8000NXXJJ1_I8000PROJJ1.rar is the full package from samfirmaware.com, whats the difference between that and your 1st post files?)

Eboot_I8000NXXJJ1_HW_40 Thats Eboot Part

Phone_I8000XXJJ1 thats Phone Part

and CSC Remains the same as my previous I8000ARBJA2

anything else? Why does Preserve device settings is checked?>

Edited by Murshad

Guest Murshad
you dont need to flash it, tte csc has internet settings from your carrier and boot up animation.

Why does Preserve device settings is checked?> Should I have checked any other option in octans 2.14? csc field should leave blank?

What the difference between Samfirmware NXJJ1 PDa and Urs NXjj1 PDA file?

Edited by Murshad

Guest Murshad
you dont need to flash it, tte csc has internet settings from your carrier and boot up animation.

All things go fine. I have received the Job done. Launched message by octan. But my phone is now not turn on. It only turns on for a second. show samsung omnia II then turns off. Hard reset is also not working? What to do?

Guest Murshad
Why does Preserve device settings is checked?> Should I have checked any other option in octans 2.14? csc field should leave blank?

What the difference between Samfirmware NXJJ1 PDa and Urs NXjj1 PDA file?

Manage to doen again although My Pc didnt recognize my device.

Ioctans does. and with CSC also.

All gone f9.

Thanx

Guest Murshad
hmm.. try to flash another rom. and you do have a European I8000?

No its all fine. 1st time I left CSC field empty. But 2nd time in confusion I select JJ1 CSC instead of JI1.

Now I have JJ1 CSC PDA and PHONE..