[ROM] StreaksMI Alpha1 Announcement Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Wee Thomas
And has anyone managed to root this build yet?

Tried universal androot and z4root, neither worked. There is apparently a MIUI market app. It lets you install w/o the permission checking.

Guest cowballz

Agreed with leaving 1.5 this should be the new focus, I did however put launcher pro instead of default launcher, because scrolling is alot smoother,

Guest lonegungrrly

for those with the wifi problems, I had that too, I just needed to change the settings to static IP and input the IP settings manually. I suppose this will be a pain when going to friends houses, but it's fixed it for now. (press menu button to save settings or you'll have to do it every time! ;)

I love this, if this was in beta I would definitely have this all the time.

Also, maybe its just me, but I can't get any version of angry birds to install? I know its not that big a deal, and all my other games have installed fine, but I was looking forward to my angry birds advent calander in the morning! lol

Guest cowballz
for those with the wifi problems, I had that too, I just needed to change the settings to static IP and input the IP settings manually. I suppose this will be a pain when going to friends houses, but it's fixed it for now. (press menu button to save settings or you'll have to do it every time! ;)

I love this, if this was in beta I would definitely have this all the time.

Also, maybe its just me, but I can't get any version of angry birds to install? I know its not that big a deal, and all my other games have installed fine, but I was looking forward to my angry birds advent calander in the morning! lol

Same here , pretty sure it will be resolved though

Guest superutp

BRILLIANT work steve!!!

one question...will it work by flashing it with clockwork over the unotuched official 2.2( i.e steve's version of official rom) with the performance tweaks (kernal etc)..?? or do i have to flash 1.4.6 first??

bah!!...cant wait for wifi to work....desperately need tht on my phone....cant wait to flash this piece of kit..err rom..;)

Guest superutp
Please don't bother Steve with MIUI, let him finish 1.5 first ;) LOL

how about cloning steve....one works on 1.5, the other on MIUI...oh wait..one more for the CM...

Guest Wee Thomas

Brightness settings don't work. Screen stays at maximum brightness.

Installed Slide-IT keyboard - works.

Edited by Wee Thomas

Guest the.mister.D

Howdy DJ_Steve!!??

Great job! You really are great at this!

One quick question, will the regular Android ROM dev will still continue? I mean 1.5 version and so on? Or next all work will be in MiUi?

Guest alert_bri

Will this get us to a completely stable Android platform quicker than finishing Froyo v1.5 etc? if so, I'm all for it... especially if we can continue with ADW launcher which works fine for me.

Cheers

Brian

Guest Wee Thomas

So a game that use to be screwy on the Streak, Armoured Strike, is now working fine. The graphics fit the screen ( I guess due to the DPI settings).

Guest gingernator
So a game that use to be screwy on the Streak, Armoured Strike, is now working fine. The graphics fit the screen ( I guess due to the DPI settings).

Yep, this is the stock lcd density so all app devs make sure it looks right in this before they look at lower ones

downloading now...will keep you posted.

Thanks Stephen!!

EDIT:

1st attempt: Coming from 1.4.6

Factory Reset from Stock Recovery, then factory reset from clockwork

Tried flashing MiUI ROM and got error 4, Installation aborted. Redownloading just in case.

ditto.

Guest Wee Thomas

Vibrate settings work. Not as good as an audible ringtone, but at least there is some notification of an incoming call beyond the screen turning on.

Guest zrospeed

Steve thank you for another great option for us streakers.

I tried it. But went back to 1.4.6. its an excellent alternative but im not a big fan of huge dpi. I dont mind it on other devices with smaller screens but wih a 5in screen, 160-180 is good. i wanted to try to.see.if i can change the lcd density but couldnt because i couldnt get it rooted.

Excellent work steve. Man yo the bomb.