Titanium Backup Question

Guest trevor432990

Guest trevor432990

I know several of us Vegans now use the Titanium Backup app to backup the apps and system settings so I hope you can help answer my question as a noob to the app. I have installed the free app and carried out a full backup successfully to the SD card but reading the user guide it says you need to restore the backup from PC if you reformat the SD card in future.

My question is how do I go about setting up this PC backup? I use Dropbox at the moment to import pictures & music from my PC and I was rather hoping to use it to copy the whole Titanium Backup folder from the Vega to the PC but cannot figure how to do it currently. Any suggestions using Dropbox or other utility software gratefully received.

I am running v1.04 definitely and r2 (I think but where is ROM release shown?). Thanks in anticipation

Guest debs626
I know several of us Vegans now use the Titanium Backup app to backup the apps and system settings so I hope you can help answer my question as a noob to the app. I have installed the free app and carried out a full backup successfully to the SD card but reading the user guide it says you need to restore the backup from PC if you reformat the SD card in future.

My question is how do I go about setting up this PC backup? I use Dropbox at the moment to import pictures & music from my PC and I was rather hoping to use it to copy the whole Titanium Backup folder from the Vega to the PC but cannot figure how to do it currently. Any suggestions using Dropbox or other utility software gratefully received.

I am running v1.04 definitely and r2 (I think but where is ROM release shown?). Thanks in anticipation

Using dropbox for backup should be fine and is a pretty good idea.

try hooking up your Vega to PC, copy and paste the backup file into your dropbox that way.

I've not used titanium backup, currently using the stock backup app, seems to work fine.

Guest trevor432990
Using dropbox for backup should be fine and is a pretty good idea.

try hooking up your Vega to PC, copy and paste the backup file into your dropbox that way.

I've not used titanium backup, currently using the stock backup app, seems to work fine.

Daft as it seems I can copy & paste items from my PC to its Dropbox folder without problem but I can't seem to figure out how to copy & paste folders on the Vega into the Android Dropbox folder. It's probably very simple but not figured it out yet so can you point me in the right direction please? P.S. I do have Astro file explorer installed too if that helps.

Guest debs626
Daft as it seems I can copy & paste items from my PC to its Dropbox folder without problem but I can't seem to figure out how to copy & paste folders on the Vega into the Android Dropbox folder. It's probably very simple but not figured it out yet so can you point me in the right direction please? P.S. I do have Astro file explorer installed too if that helps.

I've just tested this to see if it worked ...

locate your backup file via iFileManager and hard press on it (for 2 seconds) and select copy (a clip board should appear at the top)

navigate to your Dropbox folder (still using iFileManager) select a folder you want to save it in (you may want to make a new folder for all your backups before hand)

Once inside the folder tap on the clip board to paste your backup file

Edited by debs626

Guest trevor432990
I've just tested this to see if it worked ...

locate your backup file via iFileManager and hard press on it (for 2 seconds) and select copy (a clip board should appear at the top)

navigate to your Dropbox folder (still using iFileManager) select a folder you want to save it in (you may want to make a new folder for all your backups before hand)

Once inside the folder tap on the clip board to paste your backup file

Arggh forgot the 'Hold for 2 seconds' rule that always throws me (there should be some way of indicating when keys/bars can be used that way). Right well I tried that and it created a folder called 'Copy Titanium Backup' but when I searched for the folder called 'My Dropbox' and sub-folder 'Backups Ti' to paste it in I can't find them ;)

I know there is a folder called Dropbox on the Vega but when you compare the content of that with what the app shows the contents are they are quite different to the 'My Dropbox' folder so I'm a bit stumped now. Dropbox is supposed to keep the folders on the PC,Vega/Website synchronised so unless the folder is being hidden from me of course. Am I going bonkers or has anyone else got the same problem?

Guest debs626

oh, I thought it had worked that way but hasn't, sorry about that.

just done it through the actual dropbox app, Pressed the menu button and selected upload, then selected iFileManager then my backup file, it seems to be uploading it as I type.

Yep, that way worked, my backup file is now showing in the app, on my pc and online

Edited by debs626

Guest trevor432990
oh, I thought it had worked that way but hasn't, sorry about that.

just done it through the actual dropbox app, Pressed the menu button and selected upload, then selected iFileManager then my backup file, it seems to be uploading it as I type.

No problem. Have done as you suggested and mine too is copying as I type so fingers crossed. Rather annoying that after you select a file/folder for the copy operation it just sits there as if it hadn't recognised your input so you have to press the back button to see that is actually doing something. Now just hope it is hehe ;)

Guest debs626
No problem. Have done as you suggested and mine too is copying as I type so fingers crossed. Rather annoying that after you select a file/folder for the copy operation it just sits there as if it hadn't recognised your input so you have to press the back button to see that is actually doing something. Now just hope it is hehe ;)

yeah, its a little confusing ........ took a couple of attempts to upload mine as the screen timed out and knocked off my wifi "/

Got there in the end :P

Guest trevor432990
yeah, its a little confusing ........ took a couple of attempts to upload mine as the screen timed out and knocked off my wifi "/

Got there in the end ;)

Out of interest how long did the second attempt take you to copy the backup folder? I had to abandon mine because it just sat there saying it was copying but there was no evidence it was.

Guest debs626
Out of interest how long did the second attempt take you to copy the backup folder? I had to abandon mine because it just sat there saying it was copying but there was no evidence it was.

Took a good 15 mins, 69.05mb, I blamed it on my internet but it was really slow and did at one point look as if it had stopped uploading but it did eventually finish.

Guest trevor432990
Took a good 15 mins, 69.05mb, I blamed it on my internet but it was really slow and did at one point look as if it had stopped uploading but it did eventually finish.

Right I shall give mine another try when the internet is faster then as I suspect my file might be larger than that as I've been going app happy lately. Thanks for all your help Debs nice chatting ;)