I need an Android Phone that isnt a piece of junk

Guest LittleCodingFox

Guest LittleCodingFox

I've bought a LG GT540 a few months ago. At first it was pretty awesome, but it keeps getting worse and worse. It is slow (very), it crashes often (especially LG's IME), there's a huge delay in updates (not to mention that 2.1 is not available for my country yet so i had to download the 2.1 image from the images topic on your LG GT540 section and flash it myself) and all phone shops say it wont have a 2.2 update, it even misses calls (doesnt even ring) or freezes when someone attempts to call me even before the call screen appears (the screen flashes and the buttons light up and it gets unresponsive) and generally speaking, although i LOVE the OS, i really hate the rest.

So, can someone advise me on what android phone to buy, something unlocked (since i'll probably order it from Amazon.co.uk or some other website so i get it cheaper or even get phones that arent available in my country), preferably under the 200-300 EUR price, and that can actually be updated for more than a couple of versions?

Sorry if this post sounds kind of rude, but i'm seriously losing my patience with this phone. Thanks for your help.

Edited by LittleCodingFox

Guest jswayzee
I've bought a LG GT540 a few months ago. At first it was pretty awesome, but it keeps getting worse and worse. It is slow (very), it crashes often (especially LG's IME), there's a huge delay in updates (not to mention that 2.1 is not available for my country yet so i had to download the 2.1 image from the images topic on your LG GT540 section and flash it myself) and all phone shops say it wont have a 2.2 update, it even misses calls (doesnt even ring) or freezes when someone attempts to call me even before the call screen appears (the screen flashes and the buttons light up and it gets unresponsive) and generally speaking, although i LOVE the OS, i really hate the rest.

So, can someone advise me on what android phone to buy, something unlocked (since i'll probably order it from Amazon.co.uk or some other website so i get it cheaper or even get phones that arent available in my country), preferably under the 200-300 EUR price, and that can actually be updated for more than a couple of versions?

Sorry if this post sounds kind of rude, but i'm seriously losing my patience with this phone. Thanks for your help.

DELL STREAK - Stable, exteremly stable, extremely customizable

Guest whitelight
nexus s

The Nexus S is going to be under €300? That's good to hear.

If that shockingly isn't the case, you might want to look at the Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade. It costs £109 in the UK (a bit less with various discounts available) and is on 2.1 - the best thing about it is the subforum here for it with plenty of custom ROMs on offer, both 2.1 and 2.2 - ZTE Blade - MoDaCo. You're not going to get a better android phone for that sort of price.