Nexus S UK Pricing - £549 SIM free!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest griff_dai

I promised myself no more phones this year....

I will wait to see what that phone conference throws out in Feb 11...

I am more than happy with my Desire HD

Guest redmongoose

Cue soundtrack from cupranol advert.........

Ahhhhh hahahahahahahahahaha.......

Way overpriced. No need to move on from nexus one

Edited by redmongoose

Any details on best buy uk though?

Only Carphone Warehouse in the UK for now, Best Buy and Best Buy mobile for the states.

Best Buy USA and UK are very different beasts, i wouldn't expect any parity in terms of product or pricing between the two.

Edited by dan653

Guest Vido.Ardes

Far far far too rich for my blood, and like others have said the contracts are a joke. It looks like a nice phone, but I think you'd be mad to buy anything this close to MWC with Tegra 2 hiding round the corner

Guest jayz_style

I think its a big mistake nexus on samsung, Galaxy S are gud but they too plasticy and looks like cheap knock off iphones. I thought both desire and nexus one had unique look and style, i'll never waste money on this one.

ya sad to say but i dont think i am getting one , btw what bands is European galaxy S using cause i cant use tmobile here anymore they booted me for roaming to much :-P

Glad that i went a head and got a desire hd now.

Afraid that this doesn't seem enough of a bump in the specs. Just expecting more i guess. The lack of SD card is going to be a killer as well.

You would of thought that google would of come up with a killer feature with it, like a high end camera or something!

Get the feeling that when you hold this next to the n1, there is nothing that jumps out and makes you think right i need to buy this phone because...

OH well, role on the 6month wait for HTC to role out my 2.3 sense riddled update.

its a joke. not to piss on samsung/google's victory parade but there isnt really anything particularly outstanding (other than gingerbread) about this phone that makes it worthy of the "nexus" name.

an ordinary piece of kit wrapped in cheap plastic. and to charge such a high price is just outrageous. just think about what u can get at this price. I m glad to have my Desire HD, and I cant imagine people with Nexus One are dying to change it. and NO MicroSD Card?! WTF....

if its $529 it might be more correctly priced, not at £549

Guest squirreleater
its a joke. not to piss on samsung/google's victory parade but there isnt really anything particularly outstanding (other than gingerbread) about this phone that makes it worthy of the "nexus" name.

an ordinary piece of kit wrapped in cheap plastic. and to charge such a high price is just outrageous. just think about what u can get at this price. I m glad to have my Desire HD, and I cant imagine people with Nexus One are dying to change it. and NO MicroSD Card?! WTF....

if its $529 it might be more correctly priced, not at £549

Indeed, Apart from the screen there is no reason to change IMO. I sold a galaxy S two months ago, why would I buy another one?

Indeed, Apart from the screen there is no reason to change IMO. I sold a galaxy S two months ago, why would I buy another one?

I think Nexus Arse would be a more appropriate name for this..disappointed + annoyed

Guest animalz
Only Carphone Warehouse in the UK for now, Best Buy and Best Buy mobile for the states.

Best Buy USA and UK are very different beasts, i wouldn't expect any parity in terms of product or pricing between the two.

FYI

BEST BUY UK are the same company as carphone warehouse. My friend works in PR and web team and she told me a few weeks ago. Personally i had no idea until then, so dobt expect to see best buy doing any better deal than carphonewarehouse in the UK ;)

Guest lamabodo

Would the US version work in Europe? Seeing as I'm in Norway, I'd have to do some sneaky shipping anyways; and the US price is _much_ more geared towards my budget.

-lb

Edited by lamabodo

Guest Mr.Clark

I really wanted one of these, but that price is outrageous!

I was in the middle of a contract when the Nexus One came out and not quite ready for the SIM Free phone thing, but I've come around to that now. The untarnished "google experience" also tempted me.

But cheapy-feeling plastic, no micro-SD card, only 512MB RAM, single core processor... AND that ludicrous price.

Yes, it's got a nice screen and a fast processor and decent software (which will be rolled out to the Nexus One!), but software can always be fixed later. There's nothing you can do with an issue with the hardware.

I may stick with my Touch Pro 2 until HTC can bring out something nice and dual-core...

Poor show Google/Samsung. Poor show. ;)

Guest Chicaned

Carphone Warehouse is showing 'In stock' for the Nexus S on there website if anyone wants to bite the bullett. Can't believe no Micro SD slot though. That's lame.