• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Saif

Saif

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

I don't know if Samsung have officially said they will update the Galaxy S with 2.3, but you have to believe they will, quite when that'll happen is another matter....
You can root and install a custom rom with 2.3, but having owned a Galaxy myself I found it rather confusing with the myriad of firmware options- they are very easy to root/unlock, but also very easy to brick!

Hardware wise the Galaxy isn't very much different from the Nexus,minor differences, that's all.

Thanks for that.

I think I will wait and see what happens in January as it seems there will be a number of new handsets and plenty of new developments also.

S

squirreleater

squirreleater

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero/Nexus one/Galaxy S
  • Twitter:@squirreleater1

Thanks for that.

I think I will wait and see what happens in January as it seems there will be a number of new handsets and plenty of new developments also.

S

Indeed, that's what I'm doing, the LG Optimus2 is looking a very decent device due for euro release in January.The forst of many Dual core powered phones.

The CES show will be interesting!

People to follow on twitter:

@PaulOBrien -The main man here!
@modacoandroid -News postings from ModacoAndroid.
@squirreleater1 -That'll be me. (Full on Android fanboi!)<cough>
@christonge - fellow news team member.

Saif

Saif

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Indeed, that's what I'm doing, the LG Optimus2 is looking a very decent device due for euro release in January.The forst of many Dual core powered phones.

The CES show will be interesting!

All depends on how long I can wait....

might just get a Desire HD and be done with it :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users