[ROM][GER/WWE][SENSE] WM 6.5.3_21680

Guest Thunder141

Guest Thunder141

My first SENSE ROM caused by the request of some users for a German ROM based Sense version. It's based on ajeshm sense cab from his thread. Thx to him for creating this cab for us b7610 users

Details of ROM:

• WM 6.5.3 BUILD 21680 ported from SYS/XIP 21680 DFT (thx to mobileunderground)
  • Manila Sense 2.5.20183025 with working RSS Feed by ajeshm
  • all samsung apps removed except kamera, settings, xt9 and dialer
  • removed sys: bronze and chome (cause its sense), entertainment, enterprise, remote desktop, skybox, skymarket, widgets, windows live, sample music, ipsec, autoupdate, themes, welcome center, sqlcemobile, lockscreen
  • added tools: ameba for xclose, finix taskbar, dotfred task manager, openGLS, htc sensor dll
  • tweaks: pagepool 12 mb, autoclose patch 1.1
  • registry changes: threaded sms enabled, old sms application enabled, old settings enabled, low mem value, callidmatch, autolockscreen disabled, dialer skin disabled, rotation mapable to key, in call recording, popup font size reduced, input method redirect deleted, open images with pimg.exe
  • data memory: 262 MB
  • program memory: 70 MB

Additional Cabs:

- Elegancia Sense Theme (by Dunc001 from XDA) is installed and used for the second screenshot

- CHT Editor (v2) (1.85)

- CHT (v2) (1.85)

- CHT Language Pack (v2) (v1.85)

- ajeshm's cab to remove the rss feed can be found in his sense thread and here

Rom Download:

* V1 German (Standard Sense 2.5 without CHT) Mirror

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

* V2 German (Mirror)

- samsung settings

- addon tools, except openGLS which is essential for sense

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

* V3 German / V3 WWE

same as V2, but:

! corrected Display of HTC Comm Manager texts,

+ all 0409 mui files as 0407 copies,

+ translated CommManager.exe.0407.mui to german texts

! data memory changed to 220 MB

WWE Version replace 7c60907d_manila with attached file

Remarks:

- NO special HTC apps cooked in.

- For better performance weather tab should be deaktivated and weather animation should be disabled

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]

"Home.WallpaperMode"=dword:00000002

- Using CHT 2 (screenshot with green background) will make your device slower

- cappuccina used CHT 1.85 and reported it to work smooth and until now without freeze thx to her for testing.

Known bugs:

- Icon for personalize on settings tab somethimes vanished.

7c60907d_manila.zip

Edited by Thunder141

Guest cappuccina

hmm.. you are really into ROM Cooking for B7610 again. ;-) Thought you had a new device? :P

I was using sense for quite a while and became fed up. But I will definitly try it. And give a little feedback when I have time.

Maybe I begin to like sense again, who knows! :P

I'm sure there were a lot of requests regarding a german Sense Rom. ;) Thanks for the hard work.

Guest Thunder141

i have a new device. But there (HTC Leo) sense is on board and I am going to like it more than I'd done before.

And because there have been many requests in the past, i decided to give it a try for b7610, too.

I decided to keep it as a backup device. Can't really give it away ;-)

And so I am able to cook for it easier than cooking blind.

So sense is to try. It is not as loaded as other sense rom's and its performing smooth without cht installed. With cht installed, the memory limit is below 60 mb, which I think, is one reason for less performance.

But for daily use that will work either.

hmm.. you are really into ROM Cooking for B7610 again. ;-) Thought you had a new device? :P

I was using sense for quite a while and became fed up. But I will definitly try it. And give a little feedback when I have time.

Maybe I begin to like sense again, who knows! :P

I'm sure there were a lot of requests regarding a german Sense Rom. ;) Thanks for the hard work.

Guest cappuccina
- V2 (no samsung settings, no addon tools, except openGLS which is essential for sense)

Just a question for understanding. Do you mean by 'no samsung settings' really just no settings or no samsung apps. So also no dialer and Xt9?

What is the intention just to leave the Samsung Settings?

Just curious...

Guest Thunder141

in v2 samsung app settings is removed. Only windows default settings app is included. dialer is disabled but in rom, xt9 is also kept in rom

Just a question for understanding. Do you mean by 'no samsung settings' really just no settings or no samsung apps. So also no dialer and Xt9?

What is the intention just to leave the Samsung Settings?

Just curious...

Guest cappuccina

ok, I flashed your V1 Rom, and it runs pretty smooth.

No issues so far.

You said ameba is installed but I cannot find it. Maybe you forgot it? :-) In Utilities I just found AeButton, UC_Net, and Task Manager.

Its not bad for me, I would not use it, but just to let you know.

Will try to modify it a bit, wanted to try your link with the elegancia theme. If you like I could take screenshots too.

Guest Thunder141

yes, you can make some screenshots. Ameba, i decided to let it out.

No issues so far.

You said ameba is installed but I cannot find it. Maybe you forgot it? :-) In Utilities I just found AeButton, UC_Net, and Task Manager.

Will try to modify it a bit, wanted to try your link with the elegancia theme. If you like I could take screenshots too.

Guest cappuccina

I'm kind of suprised, I always thought that editing the home layout would freeze the phone. That was the last thing I can remember using sense.

Was this bug solved? Because its working great. I'm using the 1.8.5.cabs you provided in your post with the elegancia theme.

Screenshots will follow...

Guest Thunder141

i used the cab from ajeshm as a base for this rom. I tested it once when i build my first ultralite without chome and sense was working smooth without overclocking.

This rom has newer kernel and is a bit lighter, so sense will not perform worse with this rom, i think.

Of course it can not be compared with an original htc device, but for me it seems to be acceptable speed and much lesser freezes than with earlier sense versions.

I'm kind of suprised, I always thought that editing the home layout would freeze the phone. That was the last thing I can remember using sense.

Was this bug solved? Because its working great. I'm using the 1.8.5.cabs you provided in your post with the elegancia theme.

Screenshots will follow...

Guest Thunder141

if the testing does not give any critical issues, i will make an english version, too. ;-)

By the way: I tried to replace the sense with version 2019 from xda from original wvga packages for a v3. It started on first boot. But when I change something like tab order or disable a tab, the device does not restart sense. When I reset the device, sense is started again with my changes applied. Do yo have any idea, what could be the reason? Do you have this issue with your 2019 development, too?

And do you allow me to link to a mirrot of your rss-remove-cab?

Hi Thunder,

Gr8 to see you back. Any plan to make the same Sense ROM in English? I would like to try the same.

Edited by Thunder141

Guest Freezy1982

No issues so far.

@ Thunder: Congratulations for your first Sense ;) Seems to be a great fusion of an UltraLight with Sense...

@ Cappuccuina: Can you compare a daskalos Sense with this one (I'm interested in speed of this SenseVersion) Maybe there is more performance with S3Clock?

if the testing does not give any critical issues, i will make an english version, too. ;-)

By the way: I tried to replace the sense with version 2019 from xda from original wvga packages for a v3. It started on first boot. But when I change something like tab order or disable a tab, the device does not restart sense. When I reset the device, sense is started again with my changes applied. Do yo have any idea, what could be the reason? Do you have this issue with your 2019 development, too?

And do you allow me to link to a mirrot of your rss-remove-cab?

I don't have this problem with my 2019 development. I generally go to settings -> disable it first and then enable it. Sense restarts fine. I also have a mortscript for the same which does it silently(non-CHT). CHT, the built in tool works fine.

Ofcourse you can link to the mirrors of my packages. No problem.

Guest Thunder141

I do only have that issue, if I change something in sense settings, like the tabs. If I disable it in today settings end reenable it, it will start ok, but not, if i change settings. Then I have to reboot or to pkill the sense process.

And only with the 2019 source from xda. With the 2018 in this rom there isn't that issue.

I don't have this problem with my 2019 development. I generally go to settings -> disable it first and then enable it. Sense restarts fine. I also have a mortscript for the same which does it silently(non-CHT). CHT, the built in tool works fine.

Ofcourse you can link to the mirrors of my packages. No problem.

Edited by Thunder141

Guest cappuccina
@ Cappuccuina: Can you compare a daskalos Sense with this one (I'm interested in speed of this SenseVersion) Maybe there is more performance with S3Clock?

Well, I can say it is really smooth and fluid, good to use. I tried also with overclocking at 900 mhz and you can feel a difference. But you might also not need to.

Though I have Cookies Home Tab installed now, it still works pretty responsive. But of course RAM is dropping down now to about 33 MB after using it a while.

But wanted to try the start menu replacement also. And see how much it stays with that.

Found some small things:

In Settings Tab the CommManager doesn't show any fonts except for Mobile Wifi Router, also the Menu Button is not working and there is no back Button.

post-662699-1291732711_thumb.png

And the Phone Settings + some others are in english.

Landscape is not supported by default, right? I did install the landscape-enable.cab from ajeshm from his Sense thread. And now works fine.

Here are some more screenies:)

post-662699-1291731229_thumb.png post-662699-1291731270_thumb.png post-662699-1291732934_thumb.png

Well thats it for the moment, will play around with it a bit more and investigate.;)

Guest cappuccina
- cappuccina used CHT 1.85 and reported it to work smooth and until now without freezes. Thx to him for testing.

;) U would probably better say "Thx to her for testing" :P

Guest Freezy1982
Well, I can say it is really smooth and fluid, good to use. I tried also with overclocking at 900 mhz and you can feel a difference. But you might also not need to.

Though I have Cookies Home Tab installed now, it still works pretty responsive. But of course RAM is dropping down now to about 33 MB after using it a while.

But wanted to try the start menu replacement also. And see how much it stays with that.

Found some small things:

[...]

THX for your report, cappuchin>a< (@ Thunder: Shame on you! ;)) But I have to come to Thunders defence - Not many girls/women are so much interested in flashing&testing ROMs, Apps etc. Nice, I like it :P

Anyway, I don't think I will flash a sense one once again. With my skin for Titanium I'm satisfied at the moment. I will try a WM6.5 one (sorry Thunder, I'm very busy at the Moment) or both and will give you a report there..

Keep on going, Thunder!

Guest cappuccina

:P haha, well I have always been more into all that technical stuff. ;)

I just recognized that the freeze what I mentioned before that normally comes when editing the Home Layout is back again without a theme installed.

There was the "solution" with gtx sense theme where it also worked to Edit the Home Layout. And it seems that with the Elegancia and Dinik Anastasia theme it also works. So no 'real' solution for this one. But not too bad.

Guest Thunder141
:P haha, well I have always been more into all that technical stuff. :P

I just recognized that the freeze what I mentioned before that normally comes when editing the Home Layout is back again without a theme installed.

There was the "solution" with gtx sense theme where it also worked to Edit the Home Layout. And it seems that with the Elegancia and Dinik Anastasia theme it also works. So no 'real' solution for this one. But not too bad.

yes, shame on me. ;)

thx for the screens. yes, landscape fix not included for now. can make it for next version. this sense is just a base, am working on a 2019, but some problems with the source i have.

Can you try Comm Manager Cab to see, if this would resolve the issue with icons in HTM Comm Manager?

htc_comm_mgr.zip

Edited by Thunder141