76 replies to this topic

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Devices:B7610, HTC Leo

First impression: very fast sense, lot of faster than light rom + sense install, even with enabled weather tab. nice work!!

bugs so far: no new message counter visible, no new message notification (settings are all right, maybe a problem within the registry / rom?)

and a wish of me: is it possible to disable the htc messaging app? i tried a lot, last time i used ssmaho to hook in "vito sms chat" into the opening process. but it's just a workaround, not what i want.
I wouldt be glad to have win mobile default sms app linked to manila.

Have you looked here?

Daemon_necis

Daemon_necis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
yes of course, didn't work... so i guess i have to use ssmaho to diable the messaging app...
messaging notification works after soft reset, so everything is like my setup before, but lot of faster! what a nice rom :unsure:

are you cooking manila yourself or are you using ready-to-go manila and integrating it into your rom?

Edited by Daemon_necis, 04 January 2011 - 10:10 PM.

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
i converted the cab from ajeshm to oem package, made some minor tweaks and cooked it in. left out samsung today, widget plus and titanium, so that sense would be the only shell next to wm old shell.
The one thing annoying for me is that in htc comm manager the texts are not visible except wi-fi, but found no solution so far.
Have had this issue with my touchflo3d 1.3 based rom, too and with sense 2016, too.
Must be something of our omnia, not of sense.

yes of course, didn't work... so i guess i have to use ssmaho to diable the messaging app...
messaging notification works after soft reset, so everything is like my setup before, but lot of faster! what a nice rom :unsure:

are you cooking manila yourself or are you using ready-to-go manila and integrating it into your rom?

Daemon_necis

Daemon_necis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I dont know whic tweaks, but your sense feels faster than ajeshm's (that i used before). Maybe just because the tip of your first post with the reg-key?

the text in comm-manager couldt be a problem in the opengles driver... some overlay problem i couldt imagine...

i have found another bug:

when i try to sent a SMS via htc messaging i get the error

SIM-Karte nicht bereit
Die SIM-Karte ist nicht in das Gerät eingesetzt

which means in english:

SIM not ready
the SIM is not inserted into your Device

my Provider is Vodafone Germany.

and another bug:
the "Messaging" icon in htc-messanger is shown 2 times. One icon leads to sms-feature, the other shows just a black screen.
not a real problem just to notice.

Edited by Daemon_necis, 05 January 2011 - 10:38 PM.

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

What about this cab?

Attached Files

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Found a solution for missing text display. The oem packages does not contain all 0407 mui files.
So for HTC Comm Manager f.e. rename the CommManager.exe.0409.mui to CommManager.exe.0407.mui and voila, you have Text Display in Comm Manager. Of Course in english language. For german language you must install a german comm manager or translate the mui file with res hacker.

This should be same procedure for other missing texts. Every htc component has its mui file and they are 0409 for wwe only.

For Comm Manager I attach my translated file

Attached Files

Edited by Thunder141, 06 January 2011 - 12:20 PM.

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
new fixed version available in first post

Jevons

Jevons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

new fixed version available in first post

Thx for your work,Thunder141 o(∩_∩)o ~~

Daemon_necis

Daemon_necis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
By the way, the missing text is not your fault, the problem exists since ajeshm released his cab, just like all other bugs, too.

That's the one i tried, no result.

What about this cab?

As i understood, you'r not cooking manila yourself?! well maybe we shouldt ask ajeshm about the bugs which exist yet... perhaps he can help?

Edited by Daemon_necis, 07 January 2011 - 01:03 AM.

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

By the way, the missing text is not your fault, the problem exists since ajeshm released his cab, just like all other bugs, too.
That's the one i tried, no result.
As i understood, you'r not cooking manila yourself?! well maybe we shouldt ask ajeshm about the bugs which exist yet... perhaps he can help?

Yes, because his cab has only language files fpr 409 and 408, so by adding them as copies with 407 you get texts in english. By translating them with res hacker, as i did for CommManager, you get german texts.

I do understand ajeshm, cause he made it primary for himself, so english is his choice.

Daemon_necis

Daemon_necis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
yep, i wouldt do it so, too...

i have flashed V3 of your rom. can you give me a hint how to enable percentage scale for the battery icon?

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

yep, i wouldt do it so, too...

i have flashed V3 of your rom. can you give me a hint how to enable percentage scale for the battery icon?

look for finix taskbar

Daemon_necis

Daemon_necis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
thank you very much, now your rom is ready for all day use :D

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

thank you very much, now your rom is ready for all day use :D

if you like it probably you can rate my thread ?

garlic651986

garlic651986

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Bro Thunder, can I setup htc messaging cab file on your Rom?

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
the rom does only include, what was in ajeshm cab concerning sense. You can try to update the client with a version including setup, but I do not have any knowledge in that.

Bro Thunder, can I setup htc messaging cab file on your Rom?

ajeshm

ajeshm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:B7610

the rom does only include, what was in ajeshm cab concerning sense. You can try to update the client with a version including setup, but I do not have any knowledge in that.

Please install the attached cab for the HTC Messaging client to work. It will work only in English (0409) not in any other language Sense.

Attached File  Bigboss_Messaging_Client_Fix.cab   4.51MB   34 downloads

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Please install the attached cab for the HTC Messaging client to work. It will work only in English (0409) not in any other language Sense.

Attached File  Bigboss_Messaging_Client_Fix.cab   4.51MB   34 downloads

what do one have to do to make it work for german sense, too?

ajeshm

ajeshm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:B7610

what do one have to do to make it work for german sense, too?

Re-engineer the cab file and replace the 0409.mui with the desired language mui files.

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Re-engineer the cab file and replace the 0409.mui with the desired language mui files.

OK, added 0407 mui files (NOT Translated)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users