I take it Paul isn't a fan?

Guest animalz

Guest animalz

I keep seeing tweets saying he's going to do some work on it, but as they've been mere tweets and no actual "News posts" I presume he isn't a fan and isn't going to develop for it - A big shame when at this point in time we really could do with Paul to help get Clockwork working on the tab. I've gotta admit, I'm somewhat jealous of the attention the Vega is getting with no love for the Galaxy tab, which having played with both, The tab is a more purposeful device where as the vega seems more of a "Couch tablet", which by no means is a bad thing. I think there's a lot of potential with the Galaxy tab but it just needs to be unlocked!

So if you see this Paul, I hope I'm wrong and you're working your magic. I know you hate the Proprietary connector but pleaseeeee share the Vega love with the Galaxy tab community!

Edited by animalz

Guest Bisto321
I keep seeing tweets saying he's going to do some work on it, but as they've been mere tweets and no actual "News posts" I presume he isn't a fan and isn't going to develop for it - A big shame when at this point in time we really could do with Paul to help get Clockwork working on the tab. I've gotta admit, I'm somewhat jealous of the attention the Vega is getting with no love for the Galaxy tab, which having played with both, The tab is a more purposeful device where as the vega seems more of a "Couch tablet", which by no means is a bad thing. I think there's a lot of potential with the Galaxy tab but it just needs to be unlocked!

So if you see this Paul, I hope I'm wrong and you're working your magic. I know you hate the Proprietary connector but pleaseeeee share the Vega love with the Galaxy tab community!

Paul is obviously busy sorting out the Vega (needs a bit more help than the Tab ;) ).

I am sure the Devs who live on XDA will be 'at it' soon - you have probably seen that clockwork is still a bit rough on it, but it will get better.

To be honest, I am liking what the Tab does as it is.

I am loving the 7inch size and the performance, Web, mapping and GPS is great and it plays 3D games really well and 1080p video without a glitch.

The only thing I really want is Nandroid/custom recovery.

Once a decent recovery/flashing base is available I am sure the roms will come.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bcmobile

Im hoping the user-base will increase dramatically after christmas. Given the Tab is readily available in "mum and dad" type stores, I expect Santa will be delivering them by the sackful. Maybe then the community interest will pick up.

Here's hoping!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sandy mk1
Im hoping the user-base will increase dramatically after christmas. Given the Tab is readily available in "mum and dad" type stores, I expect Santa will be delivering them by the sackful. Maybe then the community interest will pick up.

Here's hoping!

Funnily enough I picked up a Tab just after Christmas, bargain from PC World £399.99. Cant wait on some Modaco updates for it.

Guest everunman
Funnily enough I picked up a Tab just after Christmas, bargain from PC World £399.99. Cant wait on some Modaco updates for it.

Id be interested in what you would like to see modded, once i rooted it its perfect now at least for me.

Edited by everunman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bcmobile
(via Twitter) PaulOBrien Man the Galaxy Tab feels slow after using the Nexus S... it really needs some MCR love!

So true. Anyone know if Paul is actually working on the Tab? Paul?

He tweeted about it again yesterday, but still no posts, I also wonder if the rom will support JM6 and up too.

The closer MWC gets the less likely we are to get help from devs.

Once the xoom and g-slate are out...

Guest bcmobile
He tweeted about it again yesterday, but still no posts, I also wonder if the rom will support JM6 and up too.

The closer MWC gets the less likely we are to get help from devs.

Once the xoom and g-slate are out...

From his latest tweets, it looks like he built if from the official source and (at least) the camera and backlight aren't working. Nice one Samsung!

Edited by bcmobile

Good news from Paul has just tweeted:

And now fixed the backlights too. Eeexcellent. Running latest ROM, EXT4, custom kernel, CWM recovery with all fixes.