no sim error on streak droid 1.4.6

Guest dufster

Guest dufster

Hi

I updated to 1.4.6 from 1.1.1 & updated amss without any problems - I had working reception, unfortunately I re installed all my apps from a dodgy mybackup back up which caused no end of force closes. Unhappy with this I reflashed 1.4.6 & amss to start from scratch. Now I have all my apps working perfectly & no force closures. Unfortunately I have a NO SIM CARD error now & cannot get rid of it. I've tried reflashing again, rebooting in airplane mode, fiddling with sim card slot, sticking other sim cards in & still have this problem. Wifi & everything else works great.

Can anyone help me with my NO SIM CARD error & help me get mobile reception back

Thanks

Andrew

have you tried going back to Official 2.2 to see if you get reception? if not then it's hardware..

Hi

I updated to 1.4.6 from 1.1.1 & updated amss without any problems - I had working reception, unfortunately I re installed all my apps from a dodgy mybackup back up which caused no end of force closes. Unhappy with this I reflashed 1.4.6 & amss to start from scratch. Now I have all my apps working perfectly & no force closures. Unfortunately I have a NO SIM CARD error now & cannot get rid of it. I've tried reflashing again, rebooting in airplane mode, fiddling with sim card slot, sticking other sim cards in & still have this problem. Wifi & everything else works great.

Can anyone help me with my NO SIM CARD error & help me get mobile reception back

Thanks

Andrew

Guest dufster
have you tried going back to Official 2.2 to see if you get reception? if not then it's hardware..

Thanks for the advice XsCode - I've just tried official 2.2 & still have NO SIM CARD error. Can flashing amss files & new roms blow the hardware associated with reading sim cards?

Only if the hardware was on it's way out already, it would accelerate the problem... 2.2 flashes amss and all other partitions so it's a good way of checking if it's a custom rom problem

Thanks for the advice XsCode - I've just tried official 2.2 & still have NO SIM CARD error. Can flashing amss files & new roms blow the hardware associated with reading sim cards?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nanostreak

So how did you fix it? My wife has the same problem. No sim card error out of the blue while the device was sitting on her desk.

She reverted back to 1.4.6 because her Streak froze often and rebooted all the time with 1.5.0. I just reflashed the 1.4.6 but same issue.

Guest nanostreak
So how did you fix it? My wife has the same problem. No sim card error out of the blue while the device was sitting on her desk.

She reverted back to 1.4.6 because her Streak froze often and rebooted all the time with 1.5.0. I just reflashed the 1.4.6 but same issue.

So apparently, SIM cards can just die like that. No physical action required. The card came with the Streak so it was really quite new. I had an ATT 3G SIM sitting around that I wanted to put into the cell phones of my European visiting relatives but their Nokia Xpress is not liking the ATT SIMs...

We just called ATT and they simply activated a new SIM stating that it is not unusual that they fail like that.

Guest thanh_gsm

Hi,

I have same problem NO SIM CARD like you, dufster.

At first I receive dead boot phone, after repair it by jtag I update 2.2 official rom. Phone is working normally except it does not signal and get error NO SIM CARD.

It's new phone and i don't touch simcard area in mainboard, so i'd like to know is it software problem or hardware problem before i repair simcard ic on mainboard.

Thanks much.

• 4 months later...
Guest Niraj Kumar
Hi,

At first I receive dead boot phone, after repair it by jtag I update 2.2 official rom. Phone is working normally except it does not signal and get error NO SIM CARD.

It's new phone and i don't touch simcard area in mainboard, so i'd like to know is it software problem or hardware problem before i repair simcard ic on mainboard.

Thanks much.

Any Update after this?...I am stuck with the same issue and so are couple of other people on different forums. No SIM Card after the JTAG.

Guest Lettre531

Then nobody knows how to correct this issue error?

I've also this error "no sim card". After many attempts to factory reset, reinstall all official stock also Stev's version ... nothing change :P .

Now, when i restart my phone, it says "network locked" and asks me if i want to unlock my phone but i don't understand because my phone is unlocked (i dont use rebel sim).

Try to unlock in the magasin (GSM service in France) but they can't. I've to call the operators service to unlock but 've to wait 3 weeks :rolleyes: .

This is my situation, anyone have the same?

Guest Niraj Kumar
Then nobody knows how to correct this issue error?

I've also this error "no sim card". After many attempts to factory reset, reinstall all official stock also Stev's version ... nothing change :P .

Now, when i restart my phone, it says "network locked" and asks me if i want to unlock my phone but i don't understand because my phone is unlocked (i dont use rebel sim).

Try to unlock in the magasin (GSM service in France) but they can't. I've to call the operators service to unlock but 've to wait 3 weeks :rolleyes: .

This is my situation, anyone have the same?

Do You remember what did you do that it changed from 'NO SIM CARD' to 'NETWORK LOCKED'. I have the same problem and I know few more ppl who have the same problem. I have the Unlock code but I am not getting the prompt. If you can please tell us what did you do to get that Network Locked message it will be very helpful.

There's Dell Unlocker software which one can buy for $ 29 and get the phone unlocked.

Guest Lettre531
Do You remember what did you do that it changed from 'NO SIM CARD' to 'NETWORK LOCKED'. I have the same problem and I know few more ppl who have the same problem. I have the Unlock code but I am not getting the prompt. If you can please tell us what did you do to get that Network Locked message it will be very helpful.

There's Dell Unlocker software which one can buy for $ 29 and get the phone unlocked.

I'm not sure about it but i think:

- initially, i was on 1.9.0 and suddenly i had the problem "no sim card", then try to factory reset, reinstall ...

- then i moved to official 3.51, 3.19 ...etc and then i've this "network locked".

Now this message arrive with any version installed. But perhaps, the problem becomes serious because with 'NETWORK LOCKED' they say also "0 attempt remain" and i've never typed the code :P . I went to a store which usually unlock the phone, they can't fix it because of "0 attempt remain". I don't know if i can use the unlocker software or not because the store do the same, i suppose.

Guest Techneut

- initially, i was on 1.9.0 and suddenly i had the problem "no sim card", then try to factory reset, reinstall ...

- then i moved to official 3.51, 3.19 ...etc and then i've this "network locked".

Now this message arrive with any version installed. But perhaps, the problem becomes serious because with 'NETWORK LOCKED' they say also "0 attempt remain" and i've never typed the code :P . I went to a store which usually unlock the phone, they can't fix it because of "0 attempt remain". I don't know if i can use the unlocker software or not because the store do the same, i suppose.

You might send an email to:

www. mobile un locked. co.uk (remove spaces)

and try to explain your problem to them...

Perhaps they can help you, although it will cost some money.

Success!

Edited by Techneut

Guest Lettre531
You might send an email to:

www. mobile un locked. co.uk (remove spaces)

and try to explain your problem to them...

Perhaps they can help you, although it will cost some money.

Success!

Thanks for ur suggest :P but i'm in France with SFR (not O2) so may i try it?

Guest Techneut
Thanks for ur suggest :P but i'm in France with SFR (not O2) so may i try it?

Why not??? Every bit of information you get from them will be welcome...

Just don't subscribe or send any money until you are sure they can help you out.

By the way, 'unlocking' means: being undependent from ANY provider, be it SFR or O2 or T-mobile or whatever.

I really hope they will be able to help you!

Success.

Guest Lettre531
Why not??? Every bit of information you get from them will be welcome...

Just don't subscribe or send any money until you are sure they can help you out.

By the way, 'unlocking' means: being undependent from ANY provider, be it SFR or O2 or T-mobile or whatever.

I really hope they will be able to help you!

Success.

Okie, i understand, i'll try it and give u all if success. Thanks very much :P .

Guest iT iS Me

I have the same issue, but my phone was locked and I used a code to unlock it. Now it shows 0 attempts to unlock and the Service Tag is 0000000 and this is the exact problem, because if there is a Service Tag there are many services to unlock. Moreover, one of the experts in JTAG said on this case that "SIM_Secure" Partition is damaged and it might be fixed later with an update for JTAG. So, I am waiting.

Edited by iT iS Me

Guest Lettre531
I have the same issue, but my phone was locked and I used a code to unlock it. Now it shows 0 attempts to unlock and the Service Tag is 0000000 and this is the exact problem, because if there is a Service Tag there are many services to unlock. Moreover, one of the experts in JTAG said on this case that "SIM_Secure" Partition is damaged and it might be fixed later with an update for JTAG. So, I am waiting.

Thanks for this news, do u know where can i find this update? Now, just waiting for this JTAG.

Edited by Lettre531

Guest iT iS Me
Thanks for this news, do u know where can i find this update? Now, just waiting for this JTAG.

Definitely, any working update will be posted here.

Guest Yequan

The card with a winning streak so it really new. I have an ATT 3G SIM card in my sitting I hope to visit relatives in Europe, but they do not like the Nokia Xpress is a mobile phone in the ATT SIM card ...

• 4 months later...
Guest menghour2010

Hi i am a new bee in this forum... and i just bought Dell Streak 5" but it when i insert sim it still said "No Sim Card" ... and i found this topic... anyone get this problem fixed yet ??? please help me out this... i wanna use my phone with sim for explore The Internet...

Guest menghour2010

The card with a winning streak so it really new. I have an ATT 3G SIM card in my sitting I hope to visit relatives in Europe, but they do not like the Nokia Xpress is a mobile phone in the ATT SIM card ...

Hi i am a new bee in this forum... and i just bought Dell Streak 5" but it when i insert sim it still said "No Sim Card" ... and i found this topic... anyone get this problem fixed yet ??? please help me out this... i wanna use my phone with sim for explore The Internet...

• 3 months later...
Guest Pliushkis

Hi, I had the same problem. I've bought new dell streak 5 with warranty, so I couldn't root it and flash. I thought that it was broken and I'll have to bring it to warranty services. But accidentally I found out that my SIM card is with 6 pin connector and dell recognizes only 8 pin connector SIM card. Now everything works fine.

Good luck!

Hi,

Thanks much.