Hmmm, My Vega won't boot.

Guest TylerDurdenK

Guest TylerDurdenK

I was just managing some bookmarks on the Launcher Pro widget, and they weren't deleting.

I thought a reboot might help things so I turned it off. But now it won't boot. I just get the lcd backlight on and nothing else!

What's going on!?

Guest nigelpwilson
I was just managing some bookmarks on the Launcher Pro widget, and they weren't deleting.

I thought a reboot might help things so I turned it off. But now it won't boot. I just get the lcd backlight on and nothing else!

What's going on!?

Mine did same earlier, only way I got it back to life was by following instructions to re-install 1.04 from advent site with the alternate power and back thingy and then worked Pauls magic on it again....hope this helps!

Guest TylerDurdenK

Yeah, the power supply is plugged in.

I can get it into the Advent recovery mode, so I could re-install 1.04 then redo MoDaCo Add-On. Will this wreck all my apps?

Guest nigelpwilson
Yeah, the power supply is plugged in.

I can get it into the Advent recovery mode, so I could re-install 1.04 then redo MoDaCo Add-On. Will this wreck all my apps?

Yeah thats exactly what I did...lost all apps though....might be another way, but thats the only way I could figure to do it. Sorry Dude

Guest TylerDurdenK

Bugger.

I wonder whether the Clockworkmod will be effected.

Looks like I may be about to make use of the nandroid back up I did a few days ago.

Guest nigelpwilson
Bugger.

I wonder whether the Clockworkmod will be effected.

Looks like I may be about to make use of the nandroid back up I did a few days ago.

I just reinstalled clockwork as well, so not sure if it was affected...but like I say there might be an easier way, I just wanted to be back up and running ASAP

Guest TylerDurdenK

Yeah I had to reinstall the ClockWorkMod recovery, and I have now restored to a nandroid backup i ran a few days ago.

I still have a bit of work to do before I get back to where I was.

I'm thinking about doing a nandroid backup at the end of every day, to avoid this.

Mine did same earlier, only way I got it back to life was by following instructions to re-install 1.04 from advent site with the alternate power and back thingy and then worked Pauls magic on it again....hope this helps!

Happened to me today too.. Restarted with stock 1.04...

Guest abrown601

I've had the same problem three times and each time had to apply the 1.04 Recovery image and Paul's Rom and then restore Nandroid backup.

Interestingly, since the last time, I have not reinstalled clockworkmod recovery and have not had it happen again since.

Edited by abrown601

Guest worto03

were you all using Launcher Pro at the time? Seems like it's happening to a lot of people multiple times!

Just curious because I was about to try Launcher Pro on mine but I haven't tried the clockworks mod yet so maybe I should get that installed & do a backup first

Guest removed-14
were you all using Launcher Pro at the time? Seems like it's happening to a lot of people multiple times!

Just curious because I was about to try Launcher Pro on mine but I haven't tried the clockworks mod yet so maybe I should get that installed & do a backup first

I have had Launcher Pro on mine for about a week and not had this problem. I don't have the ClockworkMod recovery installed either and as abrown601 said the issue has not happened since the last time. And he hasn't reinstalled ClockworkMod recovery then maybe it is that causing the problems and not Launcher Pro? I know it is only one person to go from but it seems possible?

Guest nigelpwilson

I was using LauncherPro when mine crashed

Guest abrown601

I have Launcher Pro on mine and have not had the problem since the last restore without Clockworkmod Recovery.

Maybe coincidence but will have to see how it goes over the next few days.

My problems also seemed to happen after removing and reinserting SD card

Guest nigelpwilson
So that's three people now who had ClockworkMod recovery, crashed, had to flash v1.04 again and now ok without ClockworkMod being reinstalled?

Mines just crashed again with the ClockworkMod recovery installed for the third time now, had to reinstall factory Rom and then Pauls....gonna try without ClockworkMod this time and see if more stable....fingers crossed :)

Guest captainsensible

Same thing has just happened to mine - I have LauncherPro and Clockworkmod Recovery too.... unfortunately I can't get it into recovery - is there a trick I am missing with the button pressing?!? Help!

Guest TylerDurdenK

The button press is still evading us all.

The only thing you can do is reinstall the Advent 1.04 then get recovery back on and do your backup from there.

Guest captainsensible
The button press is still evading us all.

The only thing you can do is reinstall the Advent 1.04 then get recovery back on and do your backup from there.

Hmmm, might be being thick, but how can I put the 1.04 back on if I can't get into recovery mode, or it won't boot?

Guest Dan2012
Hmmm, might be being thick, but how can I put the 1.04 back on if I can't get into recovery mode, or it won't boot?

Plug it into the mains/Laptop/PC, Turn on the Vega...will pick it up and then open up the 1.04 rom and it will do the rest.

Guest captainsensible
Plug it into the mains/Laptop/PC, Turn on the Vega...will pick it up and then open up the 1.04 rom and it will do the rest.

Hmmm, you sure? The Vega is not registering via USB when I turn it on.... also, it appears the download I had of the update file is on my work laptop, which is at work and the link on myadventvega,co.uk is broken - anyone got the update file handy?