Hmmm, My Vega won't boot.

Guest TylerDurdenK

Guest Dan2012
Hmmm, you sure? The Vega is not registering via USB when I turn it on.... also, it appears the download I had of the update file is on my work laptop, which is at work and the link on myadventvega,co.uk is broken - anyone got the update file handy?

Yeah it happened to me a few days back although i didn't have clockwork installed on mine.

Guest TylerDurdenK
Hmmm, might be being thick, but how can I put the 1.04 back on if I can't get into recovery mode, or it won't boot?

Follow the instructions on the MyAdventVega site for installing the 1.04 update.

It puts the Vega into a mode that can accept the update, but it's not the "Recovery" mode we all know and love.

Guest captainsensible
Follow the instructions on the MyAdventVega site for installing the 1.04 update.

It puts the Vega into a mode that can accept the update, but it's not the "Recovery" mode we all know and love.

But thats the 'back' button, 'power' button', 'back' button thing though? Does that actually do something, cos the screen just stays blank (but backlit) on mine?

Guest Dan2012
But thats the 'back' button, 'power' button', 'back' button thing though? Does that actually do something, cos the screen just stays blank (but backlit) on mine?

Yeah that works, You will hear a sound on computer/laptop (recognise a new device) and will install the recovery driver.

Guest emergant

The screen will remain blank but I dont think the backlight should be on

Guest captainsensible
Yeah that works, You will hear a sound on computer/laptop (recognise a new device) and will install the recovery driver.

Thats what I was trying to say earlier, no new device is being registered...

Guest warriorscot

Are you following the instructions(full not lite version) from the advent site sometimes people just take a cursory glance and skip a step like not having the power and usb connected or releasing the back button instead of holding it the whole time you do it.

Guest captainsensible
Are you following the instructions(full not lite version) from the advent site sometimes people just take a cursory glance and skip a step like not having the power and usb connected or releasing the back button instead of holding it the whole time you do it.

Yep, following it to the letter and have tried on my Windows 7 laptop and my XP laptop... I hold the back button for 2 seconds, then power, while keeping the back button held.... release the power button after 2 seconds and keep the back button held for a further 2 seconds. All that happens is when I press the power button, the backlight comes on, but then nothing. Its connected via USB and plugged into the charger the whole time.

I am beginning to think its kaput

Edited by captainsensible