Photo

10/Dec 2.22.405.1 r1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM (Froyo 2.2.1) for the HTC Wildfire with Online Kitchen

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

AlexGP

AlexGP

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I baked a ROM, removing only Sense, Lockscreen and Peep, I copied it to the sd card, went in recovery, did a nandroid back-up, cleaned the cache, flashed the new zip and it worked, but it crashed at the end of the set-up (the one with the wireless networks and accounts. from that point on, I could only see the top notification bar, the rest of the screen being black.
I pushed the off button and pushed it again to turn on the screen and I was greeted by the lockscreen (it looks good, but the gray and green circles are WAY TOO big, maybe it`s a problem with Wildfire`s low res screen) I Unlocked the screen and I could only see the white screen with green HTC letters. I let it sit for 20 minutes and nothing. So I reentered in Recovery and flashed the already cooked ROM with MoDaCo setting and it works well.

It`s a problem on my side?

Also I can`t install Google Goggles... always getting stuck at 28% downloading.

Edited by AlexGP, 10 December 2010 - 08:42 PM.

Twau

Twau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
So far so good!
Would like to se support for 802.11n wifi

Best regards

Fox83

Fox83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC WILDFIRE
It seems a really nice ROM! I think I'll try, well done indeed!

PS: how come when I try to download, instead of starting the download, I load the homepage?

Sorry for my bad english

raskall

raskall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

So far so good!
Would like to se support for 802.11n wifi

Best regards

Is the hardware .11n-capable? That's news to me.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,226 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Adobe Reader fixed in the kitchen (will update prebakes in due course).

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

ritosatanico

ritosatanico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Did you wipe first? That usually fixes boot loops.

Hi there.

I'm from Spain, and I'm using Wildfire from Vodafone (Spain) I tried to install this froyo release with Modaco features and I get nothing. Just the same than Bruce, first of all: loops.

After that, I tried to do a hard resert like this website tell me to do: http://www.knowyourm...c_wildfire.html And I got nothing, just a white screen with the text "quietly brilliant".

Thanks God I made a nice backup and I got my mobile back. Am I condemned to live without Froyo?

Thank you very much.

aladop

aladop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Wildfire
Hello
I have been using the Modaco ROM for a few hours now. No problem installing, the Wildfire runs smoothly too. Great Job!
The only problem I have encountered is that I cannot hear back using a bluetooth headset. The sound is somehow rooted to the phone's speaker.
Does anybody else have the same problem? (I have installed the radio update found in the Kitchen)

Thanks

pawel.mrk

pawel.mrk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
So far all good :) Baked and flashed after full wipe, no problems with rom till this time. Will try HCDR kernel now as my girl like angry birds, and on standard cpu speed this game is soooo slow....
Awaiting for next releases. THANKS PAUL!

pawel.mrk

pawel.mrk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Paul,

can you add legacy a2sd+ and adfree to kitchen please?

GB-UK

GB-UK

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Dell Streak 7
Hi I'm trying to install this to my wildfire which has been unlocked from the 3 network. I've installed the updated drivers and connected the wildfire to my pc but it gets stuck at waiting for device in the unrevoked programme. It gets no further no matter how many times I've tried. Any advice on how to get passed this point would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by GB-UK, 11 December 2010 - 09:10 PM.

rhonddaboy

rhonddaboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:htc hero ipad
  • Twitter:@none
Hello, could someone please tell me how i go about making a tun.ko module to allow openVPN to work with the kernel in this build.

thank you

<this is my first post on this site - big fan - many thanks to Paul and all the forum contributors>

AlexGP

AlexGP

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I cooked a ROM with the new Adobe Reader (that works beautifully) and I removed the HTC lockscreen:
Attached File  lol_lockscreen.png   69.55KB   26 downloads

rhonddaboy

rhonddaboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:htc hero ipad
  • Twitter:@none

Hi I'm trying to install this to my wildfire which has been unlocked from the 3 network. I've installed the updated drivers and connected the wildfire to my pc but it gets stuck at waiting for device in the unrevoked programme. It gets no further no matter how many times I've tried. Any advice on how to get passed this point would be greatly appreciated!

have you enable USB debugging from your handset - GOTO settings -> application -> developement to enable it.

GB-UK

GB-UK

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Dell Streak 7

have you enable USB debugging from your handset - GOTO settings -> application -> developement to enable it.

Yes that is enabled.

alphaola

alphaola

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Desire, Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@jide4ola
@ paul, theirs a bug with alarm clock. i cooked a rom removing htclockscreen. everything else work fine but when woke me up today, it won't stop ringing, i had to restart the phone to stop it the annoying sound, there was no option to dismiss or snooze, i went into setting, nothing was able to stop it. pls the alarm clock is really important, help needed.

mark212

mark212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys

Installed this ROM yesterday and it runs well, just a problem I have picked up...when the phones off and I plug the charger into the phone, the orange LED comes on however the phone doesnt charge and you cannot power up the phone, even wen pulling out the charger the orange LED stays on. The only way to get the phone going again is if I pull out the battery and restart. Charging is fine when the phones on though.

Can you advise further??

Thanks
Mark

Edited by mark212, 12 December 2010 - 12:32 PM.

AlexGP

AlexGP

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
THis is a known problem in ClockWork Recovery Mod. THis doesn`t affect phones that don`t have clockwork mod installed. (aka unrooted)

@ paul, theirs a bug with alarm clock. i cooked a rom removing htclockscreen. everything else work fine but when woke me up today, it won't stop ringing, i had to restart the phone to stop it the annoying sound, there was no option to dismiss or snooze, i went into setting, nothing was able to stop it. pls the alarm clock is really important, help needed.

Known problem when removing the HTC lockscreen and using HTC clock alarm feature. To avoid this either flash an AOSP ROM, or keep the lockscreen, or use another alarm app from the market.

Edited by AlexGP, 12 December 2010 - 12:54 PM.

alphaola

alphaola

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Desire, Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@jide4ola

THis is a known problem in ClockWork Recovery Mod. THis doesn`t affect phones that don`t have clockwork mod installed. (aka unrooted)
Known problem when removing the HTC lockscreen and using HTC clock alarm feature. To avoid this either flash an AOSP ROM, or keep the lockscreen, or use another alarm app from the market.

thanks, is there a way i could get the htclock screen apk,so that i dont have to install the whole rom again. thanx

Fabien Sorez

Fabien Sorez

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Has this ROM support HSDPA? Because Wildpuzzle ROM 8.0.11 doesn't support this.

Has this rom is complet with french language?

Best regards,

AlexGP

AlexGP

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

thanks, is there a way i could get the htclock screen apk,so that i dont have to install the whole rom again. thanx

I don`t really know, you`d better reflash again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users