UX100(Advent Vega Korean ver)

Guest Redmirage

Guest warriorscot

Not sure what the launcher is but it looks like the same one the Mobii and epad use. Apparently its more pretty than functional but wouldn't mind trying it out myself.

Guest removed-14

Starting to get excited that there maybe a way to get USB host. I'm happy at the thought of getting it through the dock (whenever that arrives) but in the device itself would be great.

Starting to get excited that there maybe a way to get USB host. I'm happy at the thought of getting it through the dock (whenever that arrives) but in the device itself would be great.

Not meaning to sound like an idiot but if you don't ask you don't know but would that enable a mouse to work with the Vega?

Guest removed-14
Not meaning to sound like an idiot but if you don't ask you don't know but would that enable a mouse to work with the Vega?

I think more work is needed as the HID part is extra to the USB host enabling. The use of memory sticks I think will be out of the box but not sure about mice and keyboards? I maybe confusing USB HID with Bluetooth HID.

Guest Redmirage

lol

i try to dump my rom but i've got brick

in local prompt

i can see sone message and my vega stop and be brick

and reboot, root again

i try one more time

and brick again lol

i will try next week with adb

(i have no usb cable now)

give me some idea to dump my rom

(or something else)

can i use rommanager in vega?

nandroid is easier then command prompt

Guest emergant
lol

in local prompt

and reboot, root again

i try one more time

and brick again lol

(or something else)

I'm no android expert, but I have used dd. It can take a while as its a low level copy of every bit on the partition. There may not be much onscreen info while it runs. It also may slow the device down as the disk is busy.

What messages did you see on screen

lol

in local prompt

and reboot, root again

i try one more time

and brick again lol

(or something else)

I have seen the Vega freeze when dumping the system partition.

Did you try option two I specified?

P

Guest rvdgeer
I have seen the Vega freeze when dumping the system partition.

Did you try option two I specified?

P

I might be able to take a shot on ROM dumping tonight on a POV Mobii "Vega clone"...

Was redirect here from this thread.

Will try if it supports USB host out of the box first :)

Edited by rvdgeer

Guest evank418

i've ordered my vega last week in Korea. i will probably get them tuesday or wednesday(korean time). i'm no android expert nor linux, but very good at following the step by step guide long as they are easy to understand. i'll give it a crack at it following paul's guide. :) just need to receive a device.

Guest Pyr0x64

Looks like POV are using USB host instead of slave too. On the POV site, it says for the 10" Mobii TEGRA:

Can I connect any external storage device on my tablet ?

Yes you can usb flashdrive and external hdd drive will be recognized . After you have connected it to the usb connector go to settings / iFileManager / press the usb stick icon (if this does not appear press the renew icon)

Now refresh the iFileManager to display the USB icon. Tap this icon to show the contents of the USB pendrive.

No driver is needed to support this USB host mode.

note: it is not possible to connect the tablet PC directly to your PC (USB Slave mode).

By using the USB slave mode it is not possible to connect other devices such as USB pendrives, USB keyboards, 3G adapters etc. For this reason POV has decided to make the tablet default a USB Host.

This is a setting incorporated deeply in the Android Operating system. The only way to change this is a full firmware update.

Point of View is working to publish this update very soon

http://www.pointofview-online.com/club/FAQ.html

they haven't posted an image to download yet either :)

[edit] with it saying that usb slave mode is non functional, perhaps nvflash could be used to create backup images instead, with the tablet in flash mode?

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest rvdgeer
Looks like POV are using USB host instead of slave too. On the POV site, it says for the 10" Mobii TEGRA:

http://www.pointofview-online.com/club/FAQ.html

they haven't posted an image to download yet either :)

[edit] with it saying that usb slave mode is non functional, perhaps nvflash could be used to create backup images instead, with the tablet in flash mode?

USB-host is definitely enabled...

I've just played some mp3's from an usb stick...

Rom dumping to an img file is not working...

Will upload the system tar in a few mins...

Ok. My system tar is here...

[EDIT]

Removed the link and created a new topic for this here.

[/EDIT]

When I try to dump the boot to img it hangs immediately...

No warnings, just not responsive at all...

After a reboot I found a boot.img on the SD-card, but it's 0 bytes...

Any ideas...?

I really only have tonight, tomorrow is too late! Not kiddin'!

Edited by rvdgeer

Guest warriorscot

So reading that it seems to me they are saying they can't get Android to switch properly between one and the other without problems so they are setting it in one mode and leaving it like that. Which I suppose makes sense and Advent went the other way towards making sure it can be connected to a PC all the time and be updated easily and move files onto it.

Guest dagrim1
So reading that it seems to me they are saying they can't get Android to switch properly between one and the other without problems so they are setting it in one mode and leaving it like that. Which I suppose makes sense and Advent went the other way towards making sure it can be connected to a PC all the time and be updated easily and move files onto it.

Hmmm, might be... Then again, I didn't have any problems connecting the POV to my pc either and could simply update it to the Vega software.

I do hope pov comes out with a new rom soon (they are working on it appearantly, some 1.07 version... They also listed on their site that they arent planning an android 3.0 update for the POV).

Guest warriorscot

I wonder if we could work in opposite direction and install the POV software onto the vega and if it had full USB when doing that it would possibly answer a lot of questions about the vega.